• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will you catch them all?

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I never really had the chance to complete the Pokédex due not having wifi and all. So finding Pokémons was really out of the question back then. But i'm getting wifi (finally) next week and completeting the dex will be slowly but surely.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yep, I am in the process of catching all of them now. Did it in W and W2 and I am going to do it again. Gonna try to avoid using Pokebank as much as possible though, but some I will have no choice, but to send over unless I trade in GTS.

Years
    I don't really have intentions on capturing all Pokémon at all.. never have and I probably never will.

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    My (fairly lofty goal) is to actually catch all the Kalos Region monsters.. all of them contained in REGULAR balls and/or Premier balls. Oh, but I've been VERY tempted to use those Ultra Balls and Great Balls and what not that I find.. very, very tempted.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Catching all Pokémon requires a lot of time, motivation, patience, and skills. I do have the skills to catch every Pokémon, and I have the patience as well. But time and motivation—I simply don't have. I'm extremely busy nowadays, as I have a job and am required to attend college on the side. d: I've lost all of my motivation in capturing all Pokémon five to six years ago, when playing Emerald. Pokémon Emerald was the last game that I've ever tried completing the PokéDex on. I wasn't able to get the job quite finished, but I was close. Very close. I was lacking only ten to fifteen Pokémon, and if I somehow managed to get my hands on them, I would've gotten the PokéDex done successfully. My friends advised me to use Action Replay to capture those Pokémon, but decided not to listen to them. Cheating would have made the task way too easy, and it wouldn't have given me the same feeling as doing things legitimately.

I eventually decided to give up on finishing my PokéDex. Why? Because Pokémon Diamond and Pearl were released by then, which caused me to shift my focus completely away from the goal.

Back