• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you get Platinum?

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Yes. I preordered my copy at GameCrazy where I live. Only a few more weeks 'til March 22nd, America!!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Today marks the day when I officially begin saving up for Pokemon Platinum. If all goes according to plan, I should have enough money to buy it in mid-March. This game is the only reason my Riolu on Diamond is still on lvl 1.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I came back from the mall about two hours ago and pre ordered. The employee said the figures would probably be in a week before release.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I sure am getting it! I traded in some games for $125 plus a subscription to Game Informer, and I used approx. $37 to pay off the pre-order and Platinum itself! All I have to do now is bring in the receipt or ID on March 22! Sweet, right?

Mageofange

FFX Maniac
    Years
  • I think I will get Platnium. I want it and when I do the eighth gym I will transfer all of my pokes to it. My friend and I were looking at it a white ago and we bot said we will definitley get it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2009
    I already have the japanese version should I get the english one? I already got national dex, beat E-4 etc. Haven't beaten everything yet but,just wondering.

And to all those transfering there pokemon to platinum here's a few things for you.

Its not that easy if you don't have 2DSs.
    PM me for the GTS trick for trading with yourself

There is an official pokemon video game showdown in like july, and its level 50 double cup, i suggest transfering COMPLETELY legit pokemon and just stick to battling on your pearl/diamond since I know a lot of people sav/action replay pokemon. I transfered a legit level 80 starmie to get through the game and some saved pokemon. But i'm going to release them before the tourny. I have a lot of legit 50 and under pokemon for the tourny. I wouldn't recommend leveling your tourny pokemon up either. Nintendo gave a hint to the event when the level 50 TRU Dragonite was released.

From Pokemon.com:

"This Dragonite is level 50 and is special because Dragonites don't usually evolve until level 55 and it will be useable for official tornuments"

This is str8 from pokemon.com, you can check the archived news. But whatever guys, GL with your platinums!

Feel Free to send me a PM about the tornument, I know all about it and can help you prepare for it!

Last edited:

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • Nah, I will stick to Pearl because I am getting a Wii In April and I don't want Platinum because of the Two different forms.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
  • I'm gonna get Platinum, but I'm not transferring all my Diamond Pokémon there. I'm saving that for the remake of Gold.

Come on, we all know it's coming.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Yes, just as I do with every new "mainstream" (meaning it's not a spin-off) Pokemon game since Gold. Though I have of course bought spin-offs like Colosseum, XD and My Pokemon Ranch. I really want Platinum for the new formes, but I'm split between what to do about all the Pokemon I've caught in Diamond. Should I start anew?

I think something is wrong with me! xD

syuunikiss

4000+ Eggs Hatched
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    Same as Blee, it's a must buy for the move tutors. I think I'll try a monotype challenge for the playthough too, to make it a little more interesting.

Back