• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you make a new team for Kanto?

?Making a new team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    I'm most likely going to send over my EV trained team, and my lv. 97 Torterra named Shirley from Pearl. I'm so attached to them, and I'd like to see how they match up against different types. :]

Esmas

General
    Years
    I think I'll keep one or two from my original team, like my starter and my next favourite, and then catch and train a few new ones for when I go to Kanto. Since I always find it hard to choose my team in the first place (I usually end up picking like 12 O__o), I get the chance to use Pokémon I didn't pick in my first team.

There are a whole bunch of rare Pokémon in Kanto that are too good to miss just because my team is full. >__<

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    Well, it's a nice thought of switching up and raising a completely different team, but while playing through Johto, I'll most likely end up getting attached to them and probably keep them. Then again, I have done minor changes to my teams in the past, so it's hard to tell. It all depends on how I feel about my team when I get there. Although, if I find another Pkmn that's worth raising, I'll totally do it. Actually, I switched up two members of my third Platinum team by replacing my Electabuzz and Crobat with Jolteon and Garchomp. I might, I might not.

Years
    ill probably get one of my friends to let me use their ds so i can give my Venasaur over to HeartGold after i beat the pokemon league.But im gunna ditch all my pkmn except Typhlosion. I already plan on using the snorlax outside diglett cave cuz snorlax is a beast. And also i wanna ditch Ampharos for Pikachu. I might keep noctowl tho just cuz its freakin noctowl. So planned im gunna have Typhlosion,Pikachu,Snorlax,Noctowl(maybe),Venasaur,then ill just catch an interesting water type,one that ive never used before like a psyduck maybe.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
    Well i really haven't thought but now that u have gave an idea i think i will make a new team(just to keep things interesting and more difficult;))

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I THINK YES....BUT I WOULD KEEP MY TYPHLOSION AND THE HM SLAVES....IT'S FUN TO MAKE A NEW START.....

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I might use the pokemon, i trained in Platinum for my kanto adventure

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I might change it around a little. I'll probably only drop one or two though. I have a rough idea of my original team. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
    Well right now I'm playing Crystal to get back into the Johto mindset (that and because those games were THE best) and I'm using the same team as I had used in Johto in Kanto, so I doubt that I will do any different in Heartgold.

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
    hmmm? Usually i'll only use three or four poke's in johto.
    ANd once to kanto i add a few more.
    good question i've never thought of it.
    But idk, it also depends on if they made any changes to kanto.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    well the way i see i it is keep 3 or 4 of my main team and switch but im not gona keep changing cause i done that in paltinum and after elite four team only lv40 and 50s im trying to completly complete platinum right now but

heracross
    extreme speed dratini gona sr to be shiny then extreme speed shiny dragonight
    amaphros
    scizor
    crobat
    noctowl
    feraligator
    typhlosion

so not sure who im gona have on my team

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'll probably keep most of my Johto team and maybe catch a few Kantos for my team.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I didnt even think of that LOL. Well I didn't do it in my jap version so I dont think I will do it in the English version!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    I plan on having 3 pokemon waiting for me in my box at levels 35-40 for kanto probably not ev'd and no tms used on them so that I can have a real challenge because I am sure that Johto will be a cake walk.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I'm not too sure yet, I was thinking of recreating the team I used in my original Pokémon Blue game but this time with natures and stuff. :P But I might just stick with the team I used to complete Johto.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Ummm , no I'll caryover my Johto team .
    I never actually thought of changiging my team . Maybe after beating Red I'll make a better team but until then , just no ...

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Johto Team: Typhlosion, Red Gyarados, Crobat, Ampharos, Lugia, an HM SLAVE.

Kanto Team: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Scyther, Houndoom, Skarmory, and an HM SLAVE. xD

I'm doing this mainly to train pokemon I never had a chance to train. This gives me variety and more of a reason to keep playing after I beat the Johto(Sp?) League.

Other pokemon I really want to train are Metagross, Salamence, Alakazam, Gengar, Flygon, but, I can't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back