• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen will you make your starter the strongest on your team

will you make your starter your strongest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Heh, I usually don't find the Pokemon I want on my team until much later in the game, so my Totodile will most likely be godly by the time I get to the sixth Gym. It's pretty funny when my Pokemon are getting owned by a Gym Leader, and I'm down to my starter, with no healing tools left.

"Feraligatr, use Take Down!"

The Gym Leader's entire team was One-Hit KO'd!

Yukima

Mad Scientist
    Years
    My starter's always the strongest on my team. I train my whole team equally, so just about everyone's on the same level, but I always have my starter one or two levels higher!

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    I usually have my starter 2-4 levels higher than the rest of the party, and that usually happens on accident.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i usually use my starter until afte rthe pokemon league, then i switch it for something else and it usually sits in my box after that. :p

Years
    no no no there is no point in keeping your starter because there are SO much better pokemon, think about it lvl. 100 typhlosion v.s. lvl. 100 ho-oh? yea there really is no point i plan on getting my starter to lvl twenty and then ditching him for more l337 pokes

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I usually end up with my starter as a powerhouse .

In my FR run (first) , mt Charizard was 61 at the E4 and all my others were , like , 52 ....

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My starter will probably end up being my strongest Pokemon (or one of my strongest Pokemon), at least until I beat the main game. Ideally, I'll keep all of my Pokemon at the same level, but if one does get ahead at all, it will most likely be my starter.

JohtoFanboy

Johto's Champion
    Years
    I used to do that on all my games up to Platinum. I guess I'm gonna make my starter the strongest if I'm gonna rely on it a lot in battle. And that depends on type match-up and stuff.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I have a pattern that I attempt not to break.

It goes like this:

Lv. 12 Chikorita
    Lv. 10 Hoothoot
    Lv. 10 Geodude

I think you get the point. That's why I never LP official games, because if the starter isn't 2 levels ahead of everyone else, then I train the starter, or the rest of the team to meet up with what I need. I need them to be like that, or I just feel weird.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Probably not hasn't been in D/P/Pt, but then again i hated those starters. In HG/SS though I'll probably make it my strongest until I catch another that catches my interesting in training.

Back