• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen will you make your starter the strongest on your team

will you make your starter your strongest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokemon heart gold

The Remake of Pokemon Gold!
Years
  • I will keep it the strongest until about the sixth gym. Then i will try to get all my pokemon at least 5 levels higher than they already were. And from there i will get all my pokemon to the same level as my highest level. This method has gotten me through all the pokemon games easily so far.

Example My highest level pokemon is Meganium at level 30. I will raise it to 35. Then train the rest of my pokemon to level 35.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • my starters are normally around 5 or so levels above the rest of my pokemon. i try to keep them close to the same level.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I'm considering plans to swap my starter, for the lulz of it, but I tend to keep my Starter within 5 levels higher than the rest of my team. Just seems wrong when something out levels him.... :/

Years
  • I wouldn't do it though I did that on my first pokemon game(fire red) and it ended up being my best game.... I learned my lesson once I tried it on my emerald and got to know more about different teams and how they were equally leveled I began leveling equally.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • Yeah, lol. Most of the time I neglect all my pokemon except my starter xD to bad you regret it when you get to the pokemon leauge.x_x

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Mine is generally the highest level and first to be trained. I usually train them equally but my starter is awsome and owns if another member fails.

Last edited:

pokemonfan2

ROAR....now flee from battle!
    Years
  • i try to keep my pokemon's levels around 5 apart from each other to try to keep ballance.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Probably not. I did that years ago with my old Meganium, but I get a little carried away. I have a problem with doting on one single Pokemon, and the Pokemon Team that I am planning for this game is going to rock more than any team I have ever had, so I am going to keep them all at equal strength. I am going to actually start battling people over Wi-Fi when I get that game and beat it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Eww no. I will be transferring over a Budew and a Shiny Stone over so I can have my fave on my team from the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    i try to balance out all my team..but since i am choosing totodile and looking at videos of elite 4 and the new moves totodile learns i will say that it will become the strongest duel to i prolly will use him the most in elite 4

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    IDK really, depends on how the game unfolds for me, I might catch a very good pokemon and might have a really strong team where the weakest is the starter and he would have to be replaced but he would still remain a big part of the game, as I might need him for gyms and such.

Back