• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Will you restart your game when the 3DS releases?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nope. I don't intend on getting the 3DS straight away, sooo...

Plus, although the graphics were kind of strange on the DS, considering we've got no 3DS enhanced features, I...don't think much will change tbh :x

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Since I play competitively I'll never restart my game. Honestly I'd go out and buy a new game for the 3ds. XD

Years
    I will not restart my game till I have beat the game and I have no plans on getting the 3ds, my ds lite that I have owned for three years is good enough for me to play these games.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    After using the PokeTransfer do transfer the majority of my collection, restarting for the 3DS launch would be pointless. However, I may pick up another copy of BW to celebrate. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Most people won't restart the game after all the effor that most have already put into it. Take a look at a lot of the trade threads. A lot have shinies and EV'd Pokemon that I really don't think they'll let go of. I know I'm not restarting. Also, I don't think the 3DS will give this game much enhancement if any at all.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Assuming I were to pick up a 3DS on launch then yes, probably but only on Black.

I'm already pretty far into white.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
    I only have Black version at the moment, however my intent is to buy White Version when I get a 3DS. That is, once I'm not broke anymore.

Years
    Ill just play Pokemon Grey (or whatever the third version is called) on the 3DS. By then Ill have it. They will probably release it on the 3DS, since the DS is dead. You never know.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    If I decide to purchase a 3DS, I'll just buy another copy of one of the games. Or buy both versions.

Don't see why a "third version" is needed though.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I won't restart my Black version. I've spent way too long waiting for it to come out in America to redo everything from the beginning. I don't think Black and White are 3DS enhanced, so why bother?

Back