• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows Vista

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    I like totally sooo got it from Microsoft Customer Preview program in June, but they are not allowing any more participants anymore...

I dual-boot with Windows XP.

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    Oh, right. Sorry! I kinda forgot...
    Do you think that Windows Vista is just WinXP in a fancy shell? Can you show me some screenshots?

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    Vista is like totally not a fancey version of XP... it's like totally more like Mac OS X.. =O...

Omigosh, I totally love the new Aero Glass interface
    Windows Vistarface.... ^^;

Years
    Haruka said:
    it's like totally more like Mac OS X.. =O...
    Exactly. Microsoft copied it! >=O

Also OS X is still better.
    Vista does not run off of UNIX like OS X does.
    Vista is basically XP in a fancy shell with features copied from Apple.
    Just like XP was 2K in a fancy shell and so on.

Last edited:

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    Vista is not a enhanced shell of XP. It's a totally new eprience with new security enhancements and more features copied from OSX...

Apple like totally copied some windows features too in the new 10.5. ^^;

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    :D Oh! That's fancy! I (totally) think that WinVista is just WinXP with fancied-up graphics! So, yeah... What features are from Mac OS X?

Last edited:
    Years
    Popuri said:
    :D Oh! That's fancy! I (totally) think that WinVista is just WinXP with fancied-up graphics! So, yeah... What features are from Mac OS X?

Haha, everything that is new.
    I have no idea what it is called on Windows Vista but Vista took OS X's:
    • Spotlight
    • Expose
    • Dashboard/Widgets (Microsoft calles them "Gadgets" IIRC)
    • Features from Apple Mail for Outlook
    • and so on

Here's a video of some Vista guy talking about all the features of upcoming Vista (on the Audio track) while an OS X Tiger user is showing all the things that Vista copied:
    https://www.youtube.com/w/Windows-Vista:-First-of-a-Kind-Features?v=cwCE3dF1Ts0&eurl=

Episode two:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBz_yf7N6dU&mode=related&search=

Episode three:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9kaKePqMM&mode=related&search=

Enjoy ;)

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Vista, having been so long in the making, is a complete revamp of the Windows system. While WinFS didn't make it in, it has new display and window managers, new window graphics and a whole lot of other things. It works very differently from XP; be warned. For example, you'll find "virtual folders" - think symlinks in Linux.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Apple is not near as original as its rabid fans believe~

Anyways, at this point Vista takes way too much of the computer's system resources to be any fun at all.

Back