• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows vs Linux (Which one do you prefer?)

Which one do you like the best?

• Total voters

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    XP was far better than 2000, and Vista is now far worse than 2000.
    I am going with linux as my favourite. The only problem is that wine cannot run VB applications, made by the lazy programmers :D
    Windows is not better in graphics than linux, because Wine can run the games with good graphics, and the Beryl window manager creates effects better than twenty vistas stacked on top of each other.

EDIT: Oh yeah, linux is open source, vista is not backwards-compatible, etc.

QueenZ

Your Friendly Linux Support
    Years
    well.. not exactly... they just want more apps to be running on other systems like MS Office etc..

takaharu

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    Microsoft has annouced that they are going to show Windows Vista Source...

here, read this .. https://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...abilityPR.mspx

They aren't going to open Windows' source code, rather just publishing the specifications for their various protocols and the like. Just like they published the specs for Office Documents a few weeks back.

and do you think it's 100% legal?? I've seen olnly for $500 and more..

The Vista Ultimate I posted is 100% legal. Yes, £92! That's US$180.94 at today's rates. For Vista Ultimate.

Back