• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winds of new beginning flow

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Good job, glad you are back :D your tiles are by far always my faves. Your shading is great and you capture the present style of official sprites fairly well except in a more 2-d view. Tiles dont get to much better than yours. Im impressed did you model these off a screenie or rip them or what? curious. They look great keep up the awesome tiles.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    These tiles are completely stunning and I'm sure that people will get interested in this real quickly. These tiles are even a bigger success then the D/P ones even if you didnt finish them.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    These tiles make mine look like child's play. Anyway, I really like all your tiles the only thing i don't like is how the trees look connected. That pretty much the only problem i have with them besides that i love them.:) I can't wait to see more.

-Reck

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    Kyledove, eres dios, me encantan tus tiles de New Bark. Espero que hagas las Ruinas Alfa, estaría muy bien.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Kyledove, eres dios, me encantan tus tiles de New Bark. Espero que hagas las Ruinas Alfa, estaría muy bien.

First off, you have to translate that, this is an English speaking forum.
    And Kyledove, I think he said something about the Ruins of Alph?

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    Hmm.. Pretty nice.

Some of my only complaints are the windows, due to the white line going across them, and the clear blue along with it. I'd suggest you to find an alternate way to shade them, due to the current one being too bright and repetitive. Perhaps a darker tone, or a way to arrange it without the white line.

Also, the way some wooden panels on the houses are dithered bother me up a bit, but it may not be something to worry about much, as it's just one minor detail.

Everything else is actually good. Got no crits for now.

And I should mention, the way the ceilings are shaded on the small green houses surprisingly impressed me, on moments where I thought no D/P styled customs could actually be that good. Pretty awesome work you got there.

EDIT: Realized something about the lab.. The way the stairs are put at it's side makes it seem as though one would climb them to acess the roof, not a door on a second floor. If it was meant to be like that, it's pretty much ok. Elsewise, a bit more altitude to the building might be the trick, as well as windows or stuff to help identify the upper floor.

Bueno.. Si no los entiendes, te estan advirtiendo que hables ingles, ya que la capacidad de esta gente no les permite entender ni tolerar otro idioma.. O al menos eso parecen aparentar.
    Ah, y que les des critica constructiva, porque supuestamente es requerimiento.

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    First off, you have to translate that, this is an English speaking forum.
    And Kyledove, I think he said something about the Ruins of Alph?
    You don't have to tell Kyledove what he said, because Kyledove is Spanish in the first place (and it wouldn't have helped, anyway :P).

Kyle, I can't wait to see what else's you'll do for this tileset. Good luck.

Back