• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WitchHunt - Endgame

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
Years
  • I don't like how ishi worded that last post of his. Literally, he's literally repeating words and he seems to have lost his cool. Gives me the impression he's being cornered and is forced to react.
    I'm not sure if I should count that omgus as extra reasoning because Lycan is being scumread by some, so ishi legit wanting to vote him doesn't strike me as weird or out of place.

[Vote] Kiyotaka Ishimaru
    for now, but I'm not dead set on it yet.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Okay... 'Mostly I just want to get somebody killed and not let the mafia judge decide the kills for us.' Does this mean lynching anyone, even a potential town, is literally okay as long as the majority lynches someone? This literally sounds flawed tbh.

I've noticed that you've been posting stuff that are just stating obvious info and mostly small posts. Aside from that, your reason for lynching me is so minimal, and in the first place, I think you've only been riding on that one just to paint someone suspicious. I totally read you as scum right now, thus, [Lynch] Lycanthropy

When you word it like that, it does sound bad. Nevertheless, yes I do think that. And no, that's definitely not flawed. If we lynch a potential town, there's still a non-zero chance we kill a witch. If we let a possible witch judge decide, you can bet on a certain death of a town. How is that better? And for the record, if the judge isn't a witch, they still don't know anything more than we do, which again comes down to "lynching a potential town".

And I notice you're basically repeating what Doof said earlier. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "small posts". They're not very lengthy per se, but definitely not below average in this game.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • Well, I wasn't in such a good mood when I made that post due to certain incidents at school, so I didn't bother to make it sound good and look perfect. I see your point regarding the judge thing, but I'm still not convinced eough to let you off the hook.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • Hm. Seems I've dug a deeper hole than I thought. I sense my impending death soon - be it by lynch, by a court kill, or even by mafia kill. So be it. But, I won't surrender without giving you help as town.

This might come of as a surprise as I've been feigning innocent about my role mostly up until now.

I'm the Judge. Town-sided [Villager], of course. The Role PM would be the perfect evidence, but that's obviously a no-go in a Game of Mafia, so allow me to enlighten you on what I can do.

I can choose my own target on who to lynch if the players fail to reach a majority or opt to No Lynch. I ignore extra lives, so anything I judge is guaranteed. I queue my action before the day ends by using a conditional such as "If town fails to reach majority, lynch Evil Chameleon." And yes, I did do such, but I'll be explaining that later.

So, when I got that role, I appreciated it much. Who would not want a role that could decide and pass judgement independently? Of course, I was grateful I didn't roll maf on that role because if I did, I'll only be influenced by the entire group. So, let me get to the point. I'm a kinda trigger happy type of person when it comes to these kinds of games. Give me a gun and I'll shoot it, though with good reason. I couldn't pass up a chance to use my ability and of course, Day 1 would probably the day where this killing ability could successfully be used.

So, why did I kill Evil Chameleon? First off, I had to pick someone whom I had barely to no interaction in that phase at all as I didn't want to risk being incriminated easily for this. Second, I had to pick someone a little scummy of sorts because I didn't want to pass justice on an obvious town or anything. So, I picked Evil Chameleon because he fit the first condition well and I found him a bit scummy; I'm not too eager to refer to his previous posts, but another reason I lynched him is Desinishon's statement saying, "He could be the Emissary or a Daring Maf." Well, I wanted to test if he was either, but it appears that he may not have been Emissary or he may have been if it was counted under the clause of 'ignores extra lives' or he was just a random inno or a maf at best. So, there you have it. I may have picked a shallow reason to lynch him, but nevertheless, I don't regret lynching him. I still think I hit it right.

Anyway, I'm queuing Lycanthopy for lynch if you don't vote majority.

I'm not actually hoping that you'd move your votes away from me since you'll still probably try to find more holes or just plain suspect me, but I think that even if I survive, I'll still probably get killed in the night by someone or some group. But, I'm roleclaiming for the sake of enlightening some things you need to know and discover before I get killed.

Gravedigger can confirm my innocence, well, unless if Gravedigger was maf in the first place, they'd probably say I'm inno.

Anyway, if I don't survive the next day, please try to take not of any of those who've joined the bandwagon on me aka Lycanthropy, Alex Kaz, Aaron. One of them may be maf.

P. S. I currently have a record of getting killed N2 for two games. If I die N2 again, I'll get the third streak for that. Lol.

Years
  • I believe everything ishi said...

[Unvote] Sparkin

[Lynch] Lycanthropy

Alex and lycan voted for ishi last day phase too. I'm not saying Alex is scum ( yes, he is xD) But yeah he is someone to lookout for. I say priest check on Alex or Aaron (still feels town to me though) or doof.

lol I know I shouldn't believe what ishi is saying that easily but well ?\_(?)_/?

So ishi what do you think about whole Bidoof thing and your reads on Jdthebud?

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • I believe everything ishi said...

[Unvote] Sparkin

[Lynch] Lycanthropy

Alex and lycan voted for ishi last day phase too. I'm not saying Alex is scum ( yes, he is xD) But yeah he is someone to look out for. I say priest check on Alex or Aaron (still feels town to me though) or doof.

lol I know I shouldn't believe what ishi is saying that easily but well ?\_(?)_/?

So ishi what do you think about whole Bidoof thing and your reads on Jdthebud?

I don't really think Bidoof is actually maf mostly because I believe that he really is genuinely busy and can't post. I don't think a maf would deliberately employ such a strategy since it's kind of lying to the game host. I think Bidoof is only an inactive town. As for Jdthebud, I have a slight scumread on him since he's continued to push the whole Bidoof thing and the whole witch is maf idea for most of his posts, as far as I remember. He may just be concerned town, but he could still easily be maf directing the conversation.

As for whether or not I should be trusted on my testament, it doesn't really matter either way since I'll either probably get lynched by town, killed by maf [if I'm trusted], or killed by the court [if I'm still suspected]. Sure, I want to live and continue helping town, but as it is, the chances are low.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • Just a little question for you, Ishi. Did you somehow gotten a notification about being 'observed'?

I haven't actually. I've checked the PMs I got from Superjolt and it only contains information regarding my Day Action. By the way, are you softclaiming Peeping Tom? It seems to imply you are that role, I think.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • I would've doubted you so much if you said yes, because in fact, I haven't used my NA at all. I know, that still doesn't clear up our alignments. You could still be a possible witch regardless of your role until someone cleared up our suspicion to your claim, even if I'm inclined to believe you for answering my question correctly.

As for the soft claim I had, I think that's way too easy to figure out. That's right, I'm the Peeping Tom. Aside from those holy people, I can observe anyone I want and notify them also in the next day. There are no NA roleblockers in this game, which means my NA will always go through regardless of the odds and evens. Unless the role I called was dead, I'll get the chance to use their NA - albeit only once and no more than that.

For now, I'm still having a null read between the two. I wouldn't be picking sides either, so [Vote] No One.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I think the priest should check Lycan/Ishi, depending on who's lynched. Of course this could be town v town conflict, but with protection, the priest may be ok to out, right?

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'm buying the judge claim. However, there's no way to be sure about your alignment. I think the chances of you being town are significantly higher than being witch. I can see why you chose EC, but that guy always manages to look scummy and seems to think he is making game changing plays so I paid him no mind. There's no denying he was worth the day 1 lynch, tho.
    Not saying he was 100% town, mind you.

[Unvote] Kiyotaka Ishimaru

I'd say the priest checks Ishi tonight. We have his role, what we need is the alignment because that's too important a role for its alignment to remain secret.

There's a good chance Ishi dies tonight, obviously. If he is indeed town aligned, the mafia probably want the judge dead cuz he might get in their way. But they might also wanna leave him alive to frame him. And he might just be mafia in the first place. The priest's NA should get this sorted out.

I find it funny how you're suggesting the priest should out and get protection when you said it's a terrible idea for the gravedigger to do so.
    I mean, I get that the priest is confirmed to be town and I realize the flaw in my plan (it should have been priest instead of gravedigger), but I find that change of heart concerning, to say the least.
    In fact, since day is slowly coming to an end, I'll [Vote] Abby.
    Apologies, but hypocrisy isn't my cup of tea.

Mr. James

A bit late for the discussion, but it is better late than never.
    I am going to believe this judge claim, it is very well elaborated but also not completely trustworthy. The priest can confirm this. Protection is needed, but claiming a holy role right now will not have many gains.
    A mafia kill will be another way to confirmate that we have. Mafia would not leave a town judge alive. Of course, they could try to let him alive, so that we suspect him in the next day, but for me, a claim like this is not much of a reason for a lynch.
    If he is a witch, I do not think they would let him die like this, with this town-like claim. If they do, they would probably wasting a night kill. So, Kiyotaka is getting night killed or will survive to get killed at another time.
    Also, I am not against the reveal of the gravedigger. There is an idea on my mind about how we can effectively use role reveals to know the witches. Yes, the roles. That assuming the gravedigger knows the alignments.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Ishi, I do believe you're the judge, but I'm not convinced of your alignment as of yet. Also, the reasons you give to vote for me (small posts, stating little but the obvious) apply to most people currently, many even more so than myself, if I may say so.

I'm definitely willing to change my vote though, if somebody has a good proposal. (Since I fear a no lynch would end in a certain death of myself...)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Since I was already slightly off about Lycan, I was going to say that I believed Ishi more than him, but

well then that claim just popped up. It kind of wasn't necessary, since there were few votes on Ishi and, obviously, as the Judge he wouldn't have to worry about convincing the Judge not to hammer him.

Still, for now it slightly dispels the "judge is a witch, pls panic" thing that has been going on. With this, we can have Ishi state who he sets for non-maj lynches, and then, even if we don't come to a majority, we can pretty easily keep track of what's happening.

Assuming this all plays out nicely, of course.

I'm not going to bother voting Lycan juat yet since he'll die if we fail to reach majority anyways, as it stands currently.

I should be able to get on a laptop and look through more in a few hours.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • There's about 24 hours left in the day! Get those posts in!

gimmepie replaces Fletch!

Vote Count 2.3

Lycanthropy (3) - Bidoof FTW, Kiyotaka Ishimaru, Desinishon
    Kiyotaka Ishimaru (2) - Lycanthropy, Aaron
    Abby (1) - Alex Kaz

No Lynch (1) - HyperMorian

Currently Not Voting (13): Bardothren, Home, Johnny, Sparkin, gimmepie, purplecicada, jdthebud, Ash, Sword Master, Ras!, mew_nani, Nakuzami, Abby

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch at the end of day!

It takes 15 votes to lynch and end the day early!

The day ends in 24 hours at 12:00pm EST (5:00pm GMT) on Thursday, July 6th.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I dunno but probability of judge being witch is like 0.01% :p 'cause its a closed setup game where half majority is needed to get a player lynched. If half of town fails to vote it will fall at hands of Judge which ( assuming ) is mafia sided so *bam* here goes town. Next day same. This kinda make way to op mafia side.

That's why I believe ishi is town and priest shouldn't waste their NA and investigate people who are really looking scummy.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • o_O

Well that's a significant happening. Not really sure it was a good idea for either if you guys to out seeing as how you've basically painted bright red targets on your backs, but I'm inclined to believe Morian at least as he's been slightly town-leaning so far. Kiyotaka I'm less convinced of role and alignment wise, since he kind of panicked there and role revealed.... but then again his general behavior to me at least matches his claimed role. His wanting to know people's opinions might have been him trying to decide who to nail if we don't reach a majority, so he at least feels null-ish to me.

Also as a side comment... the heck is up with Abby? He's been acting kinda... off since the game started, at least to me, and I'm not currently sure what to think. ~_~

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For now, I am going to [vote] No one.

Reason being, I'm still trying to get reads on everyone. As for Abby, I have a feeling he's just eager.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • He could be but... I dunno. I don't wanna say he's acting suspicious, cause he's been vocal and fishing for reads and reactions but.... he kinda just feels off. I don't wanna elaborate any further so I don't potentially draw mafia attention to him but... eh.

Either way we're near the end of the day and there's quite a few people who haven't posted at all, and I can't say I like it. We need more posts. :(

Back