• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen With the release of HG/SS do you think..

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Even with the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, DPPt will still be playable by me. I wouldn't want to go disposing or abandoning it all of a sudden, plus there is still things I can do in it. ; ;
    For example, chaining. I've given it a break for a while but I will be getting back to it whenever. I've been playing the game for months and I will continue my little record.

So my answer is yes, I'll give it some love. :)

Viral Panda

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    I think a lot of people will play HG/SS more, since its the newest version (technically).
    Although, I don't think people will necessarily quit playing D/P/Pt.
    Myself, I'll play HG/SS a lot when I get it (UK, so its not released here till March 26th) probably until I've played through the story etc. Then I'll just chop and change between trading, breeding, version exclusives and all that jazz.

Although, I'll end up probably trading all my good Plat pokes to my HG version and replay through Platinum.

Just depends for everyone, but the games are compatible so it won't matter much I guess.

NatureKeeper

I'll send all my Diamond peeves to my Soul Silver and restart it. That'd cost me a lot of sentrets (dammit), but I'll keep my Diamond un-boring. I'll use my SS for competitive battling and trading, Diamond for trading only (It'll be the same name, the same old Piplup as a starter.) So, That's what I will do. I'll play boh balancefully.

Pyro da Infernape

Pokemon Junkie -.-
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    forgotten about d/p?

Now that Platinum and HG/SS is out have you forgotten about D/P? I have :l So have you?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    actually no, Ive been leveling up some of my extra pokemon that was in the PC.

and for some strange reason I get a kick out of surfing in my diamond version xDD

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I haven't. I intend to trade over some of my HGSS pokemon into my Platinum to train them with the VS seeker.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    I plan on going back into Plat after I've done most of HG, but I still trade things over to HG from Plat so it's not like it's in my closet gathering dust.

reyzn

Years
    I'm actually still playing Platinum because I don't plan on buying HG til summer, and I have an UT Diamond game that I have yet to start...

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    While I don't plan on getting HG/SS soon, at least not within the next month or so, I'm confident that even when I do I won't "forget" about my Diamond. It seems absurd to me how anyone could just completely ignore a Pokémon game once the next one comes out. I've been playing Pokémon since the beginning, I grew up with Pokémon and Pokémon grew up with me, and I still go back and play all my games with quite some regularity: Blue, Red, Silver, Crystal (my Gold's battery is dead, RIP), Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Diamond. They all have save files, although I need to restart FireRed and LeafGreen because I Pal Park-ed all the good Pokémon over to Diamond.

Anyway, what I'm saying is no, I have not forgotten about D/P, I won't when I have HG or SS, and I won't when future games come out.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I forgot about D/P when Platinum came out, to be honest. xD Platinum has my competitive stuff, but I'm probably not gonna continue raising them with the announcement of gen V. Competitive play is going to take a dramatic turn I'm sure, and I'd hate to finally have all my gen IV stuff ready only to find it won't be as effective then as it is today.

But I have been ignoring DPPt overall, yes. Been hooked on SS (Japanese, still need and English copy of HG) and Crystal recently.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    Actually I haven't really payed attention to Diamond if you saw my post in the "Hours Played Thread" heh. Though I actually do still play platinum a lot since it has most of my best pokes and my competitive teams and legends. Though I am gonna migrate some pokes to my Heart Gold and such so basically Platinum is still a main game though I am probably also gonna give Diamond some Time. XD

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
    Heck no, dpp are for poor kids.

JK JK, Yeah I've touched it since HGSS came out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Yeah I kind of haven't played DP in a long while. However it wasn't Platinum or HG and SS fault.

I have the japanese SS and have platinum but neither I'm playing. I get the Aussie copy of HG tomorrow and I have a feeling I can't see myself playing that either anytime soon.

To put it simply I haven't played 4th gen in general in a while.

The last Pokemon game I was playing was green and yellow version in japanese. Then a little bit of the original pokemon stadium.

So yeah the original games (1st gen) were stealing my attention away from 4th gen as weird as it sounds.XD

Now it's all robopon.=D
    I got the original star version yesterday and replaced the battery and been playing that.

Hence why I don't know whetehr I'll be playing my Aussie copy of HG tomorrow. Since I have played soul silver already I have not much of a urge to play it. Plus I'm seriously addicted to Robopon star version that I don't think anyone can rip that away from me. I don't care if Robopon is a rip off of Pokemon, it's just too damn addictive.o_O

I'll get back to DP and 4th gen one day.

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
    Years
    Of course not. Although I don't play Pearl as much as I used to, I still connect to NWC and trade over the GTS with it.

Back