• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Without evolution, would Pokémon still appeal to you?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Let's say that Pokémon didn't have the ability to evolve. That they only had one form, and there's no alternate forms either. Would you still love Pokémon the way you love it right now?

For me, I don't think I'd like Pokémon without evolution. Evolution, after all, is one of the features that made Pokémon kind of "rise up" to the top. And besides, my favourite Pokemon is a 2nd stage Pokémon, so it's an automatic no for me.

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
    Years
  • Some pokemon I like in there basic form but then some I like in there 2nd or final form. So for me I would still love them evolution or no evolution. Plus if Pokemon didn't evolve how would we know of evolution?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Most of the basic forms seem to have lesser detail to this, obviously not as strong. If they only had one form and where strong and looked awesome then I would like that. But stuff like baby pokes no thanks.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • I'd say no, because then it'd would be more like every other 'Monster Series'. I like Pokemon because it's got it's own flavor.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If that was the case, I would probably looked at Digimon and never looked back. Evolution, and the way evolution works in Pokemon gives it a difference to the other monster series around. If that was taken away, then it wouldn't have looked as appealing in the beginning. Some of my favorites also happen to be evolutions to Pokemon, so I'm not too sure who my favorites would be if it weren't for evolution.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I wouldn't say that I wouldn't like Pokemon if they never evolved because there are certain Pokemon that do not evolve which I love (such as Sableye and Spiritomb) I wouldn't be so in to it like I am now.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Maybe... I may have lost interest in Pokemon pretty fast though. Considering now I wish they'd stop the evolutions... -_-

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would still love them regardless if they evolved it or not.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If it means I'm stuck using first form Pokemon with bad stats, then yes, it probably would have turned me off without the ability to gain significantly stronger minions.

I don't want to be stuck using "cute" forms of everything forever. At that point it ceases to be Pokemon.

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
    Years
  • Actually Evolution is one of the best things about Pokemon, take that away, and I probably wouldn't like it as much.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    I wouldn't like it as much, but I reckon I'd still enjoy playing the games, as I did enjoy PMD even without any evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I love the evolution factor in Pokemon. It is fun to evolve the pokemon and see alll their different forms. Plus I like a lot of the evolved forms of Pokemon. Evolution is the corner stone of pokemon, and makes it a much more unique experience. Whenever I see an advertisement/description of Pokemon, they ALL mention evolving Pokemon. So I think without the ability/option to evolve, Pokemon would be a much less significant game and not have caught on as much main stream. Because let's face it, there are a lot of monster/creature catching and battling games out there.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pokemon without evolution wouldn't appeal to me because when Pokemon evolve, they get stronger. It also wouldn't be fair to see the weaker unevolved Pokemon to get pounded around by not fully evolved Pokemon with stats comparable to fully evolved Pokemon.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    They have Pokemon without evolution its called Pokemon: Christian Edition...

All joking aside I'd still like Pokemon if there wasn't evolution as long as the only forms they had were mostly well designed and such...

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i could not enjoy or like pokemon if they didnt evolve

Back