• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Woah, My first shiny encounter.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    And I'm not counting in on the shiny Gyarados.
    Without that I noticed, I tried to find and oddish or paras in the Ilex Forest on a Pokemon Crystal ROM, Anyway, Without notice, I catched it... later on, I noticed it was Shiny!
    Normal Paras' are red/orange, This paras is gold!
    Man, I'm so happy, it really is my first legal shiny!

Waaaaaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I didn't even know shinies existed in the older games. XD
    Who knows, I may have come across a few and not even noticed. XD;
    Congrats on your shiny! The first one I've ever caught was in Emerald and it was a Sandshrew. Golden shinies are awesome.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    Thanks for all the congrats, So, It's an old game, and it's ROM, even though I have them for the gameboy, I rather play Roms for a higher speed.
    Even though, Hello, It's a shiny paras :3

Waaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    Hehe, wel thanks for wishing me a fun time... lol
    and I didn't count the Red Gyarados...
    Altough, I'm not sure if the Shiny Poochyena on Sapphire was legal or not...

Waaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I've never been that lucky in my life, maybe if I actually don't try and get a shiny, I will! XD My first shiny was the Gyarados, but I don't count that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    i have legal shiny's, but i never saw any in G/S/C. I've been in thousands of wild battles,too.:'(

Genghoul

Composer & Aspiring ROM Hacker
    Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    I caught a Shiny Rhyhorn in Crystal, its barely noticeable that its shiny, its just brown... but at least I found a shiny at all!

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • i found a shiny electrode in the team rocket base in mahogony on Zel's hack: Shiny Gold

MY first REAL shiny was a zubat in sapphire in granite cave.

Back