• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trade (offline) v1.2

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2022
Probably not gonna get an answer since this thread is super old but:

1. Anyone got a fix for Pokémon in "except" and "except2" not being excluded from Wonder Trade? Not enough room in an event script to exclude all Legendaries... :(

2. Is there a way to disable random nicknames? Like let the Pokémon keep their actual name instead of them having a random nickname?
EDIT: not a direct fix but the best I could get to work is putting the nicknamer next to a Wonder Trade station and adding the following script(s) at the end of the Wonder Trade event (right below "pbWonderTrade(1,[],[])") or above the very first line in the nicknamer event; it effectively changes the OT Name and ID of your entire party to your own so you are able to rename traded Pokémon as if you were the OT)! I added 1 script for each Pokémon, so 6 scripts in total:
Spoiler:

Oh boy I totally didn't see HarmonyConcept's comment, that's exactly what I was looking for so thank you very much!

Besides of that, AMAZING script! Good work!

Last edited:

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
2)
Remove this line:
Code:
pname=RandPokeNick[rand(RandPokeNick.size)] # Randomizes Pokemon Nicknames

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Currently attempting to use this in Essentials v18 and get this error:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1]

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 8 (coords 19,12), map 88 (Niedrig City Poke Center):

Exception: NameError

Message: Wondertrade:271:in `pbWonderTrade'undefined local variable or method `pbOpenDexData' for #<Interpreter:0xca88c50>

***Full script:

pbWonderTrade(1,[],[])

Backtrace:

Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1458:in `eval'

Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1458:in `command_355'

Interpreter:359:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:155:in `update'

Interpreter:102:in `loop'

Interpreter:158:in `update'

Scene_Map:162:in `update'

Backtrace:

Interpreter:246:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1458:in `command_355'

Interpreter:359:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:155:in `update'

Interpreter:102:in `loop'

Interpreter:158:in `update'

Scene_Map:162:in `update'

Scene_Map:160:in `loop'

Scene_Map:169:in `update'

Scene_Map:229:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
If anyone here wants the command without legendaries and mythicals, here it is:

Code:
pbWonderTrade(5, [], [:ZAPDOS,:ARTICUNO,:MOLTRES,:MEW,:MEWTWO,:RAIKOU,:SUICUNE,:ENTEI,:LUGIA,:HO-OH,:REGICE,:REGIROCK,:REGISTEEL,:LATIAS,:LATIOS,:GROUDON,:KYOGRE,:RAYQUAZA,:DIALGA,:PALKIA,:HEATRAN,:REGIGIGAS,:GIRATINA,:CRESSELIA,:COBALION,:TERRAKION,:VIRIZION,:TORNADUS,:THUNDURUS,:LANDORUS,:RESHIRAM,:ZEKROM,:KYUREM,:XERNEAS,:YVELTAL,:ZYGARDE,:TYPENULL,:SILVALLY,:TAPUKOKO,:TAPUFINI,:TAPUBULU,:TAPULELE,:COSMOG,:COSMOEM,:SOLGALEO,:LUNALA,:NECROZMA,:ZACIAN,:ZAMAZENTA,:ETERNATUS,:KUBFU,:URSHIFU,:REGIELEKI,:REGIDRAGO,:GLASTRIER,:SPECTRIER,:CALYREX,:CELEBI,:JIRACHI,:DEOXYS,:MANAPHY,:PHIONE,:DARKRAI,:SHAYMIN,:ARCEUS,:VICTINI,:KELDEO,:MELOETTA,:GENESECT,:DIANCIE,:HOOPA,:VOLCANION,:MAGEARNA,:MARSHADOW,:ZERAORA,:MELTAN,:MELMETAL,:ZARUDE,:AZELF,:MESPRIT,:UXIE])

If anything isn't working, check the punctuation. I hope the creator puts this in the post ;)

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
This script is incompatible for v20.1

I was wondering if you update this? I've tried everything to get this to work since last month.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Probably not gonna get an answer since this thread is super old but:

1. Anyone got a fix for Pokémon in "except" and "except2" not being excluded from Wonder Trade? Not enough room in an event script to exclude all Legendaries... :(

I am also trying to solve this problem, the only thing that occurred to me is that instead of putting the names I put their numbering to shorten the space, and it works.

Spoiler:

Back