• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonderful wonderful coincidences

jpp8

Producer
Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013
    But first, AnimeNEXT swag and ramblings.

Again, I had an Artists' Alley badge which meant :privileges. I also got an Alice Margatroid wall scroll, two figures from Mayoi Neko Overrun, Yu Kimura's "Chozetsu Harajuku Otome Kakumei" technically 10 days before release, a random Luka x Miku fanart, a couple of traded Pokemon on my DS, and a dakimakura cover (one sided). No, you do not get to see the last one.

She looked so cute giving these out, that I couldn't help but buy this CD from her. Autographed too. Still have to listen to it though.

Closer look. I absolutely adore the artstyle of these figures. I've been meaning to watch Mayoi Neko Overrun for a while, but my backlog is still huge.

In the video game room before the Pokemon tournament (triples by the way; did not enter), a person behind me was looking for a Mental Herb. Since they can only be held by wild Sewaddle line in this game and I was Coveting a bunch of them with LINOONE FORCE 81, I managed to have an extra Mental Herb lying around. Set up a deal, and managed to get this sexy Drought Vulpix in return. Also, at the Pokemon Panel (kinda dull for those who were in the back or didn't participate), the guy next to me was looking for a Wish Eevee. I didn't think I had one at first, but I later realized my Glaceon did in fact have it. Bred that egg move down and managed to score a Shiny Magnemite with HP Fire. Also, had a few battles. First was just me getting royally swept before a communication error happened since my DS was dead. Second was a little better, but I lost to Reuniclus because I couldn't kill it. Third I won 4-0 because CRIT HAX killed a Reuniclus and Parahax on Zoroark (sorry).

Also in the VG room, they had DJMAX Technika 2 there. Oh my god, that game was hot. No, I mean really hot. My fingers kinda burned after playing it. But dang was that game fun. I played Cosmic Fantastic Lovesong, Sweet Dream, Coastal Tempo, Melody, Colours of Sorrow, and SIN. All DJMAX songs I was introduced to via osu! There was also BlazBlue CS set up and even a tourney. Is it really that weird that I play Carl Clover? Every time I got a chance to play, it was "OH MY GOD GUYS HE'S USING CARL CLOVER. THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING". I'm not even that good, honest. Lost in the first round of the tourney.

NOW

onto the main topic of this blog entry.

SO, I had a conversation a while back with someone in the DCC concerning a meetup at AnimeNEXT. I thought was going to be just a quick exchange of "Hello, I'm from PC!", nothing big. I also warned them about my irl friend, who's a major Madoka fan, attacking them since they were going to be cosplaying as a Madoka character. Turns out that someone and my irl friend also go to the same convention forums and my irl friend was organizing a Touhou Project/Puella Magi Madoka Madoka Photoshoot that the someone was going to attend. So pretty much, my irl friend and I were already familiar with this someone despite being on two nearly unrelated forums.
    That's not where it ends though. Since me and my irl friend were working Artists' Alley, we let that someone chill out with us for a while behind our table. After a chatting for a while, that someone reveals that they are someone who I have been following on Youtube for a while. At that point I nearly had a panic attack. Not only was that someone coincidentally going to the same convention as me and coincidentally somewhat familiar with both me and my friend, they happened to coincidentally be INTERNET IDOL as well. This weekend has been so awesome I can't even contain myself.

Ahhhhhhhh. I think that's all I have to say.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Who was it... I'm so curious. Like totally, you forgot to mention them.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • /steals the precious wall scroll

Sounds like you had a lot of fun :D I want Drought!Vulpix sob.

Back