• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worah Region Gym Leaders 8D

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
Update: I've started on the next batch of leaders, who can be found further down ^^
Update: Added Flying, Bug, Psychic and Rock/Ground Leaders and hereby proclaim Kyril my personal fave (He's adorable XP)

Hi guys! I'm working on a Pokémon RP at the moment, and besides doing all the technical stuff, writing HTML pages(It'll be based on it's own forum) and so on and so forth, I've been doing some headshots(and a few possible badges) of my Gym Leaders... Mostly for fun, but it'll also help people get a feel of what they look like, and possibly a bit of their personality as well XD

There's gonna be 16 in total: One for each Elemental type, except Ground, which has been put together with Rock. I'll be putting the leaders up as I make them ^^ Feel free to come with ideas too 8D

Normal Type Leader: Prof. Alexis "The Analyst"
VSAlexis.png

~Purity Badge:
Purity-Badge.png

Poison Type Leader: Bosco "The Businessman"
VSBosco-1.png

~Corruption Badge[Not made yet]

Steel Type Leader: Yuri "The Professor"
VSYuri.png

~ Dilligence Badge[Not made yet]

Fire Type Leader: Blaze "The Flagrant Youth"
VSBlaze.png

~Gluttony Badge[Not made yet]

Ghost Type Leader: Edward "The Hermit"
VSEdward.png

~Envy Badge
Envy-Badge-1.png

Dark Type Leader: Kaito "The Shadowy Gentleman"
VSKaito.png

~Greed Badge
Greed-Badge.png

Fighting Type Leader: Rei "The Brute"
VSRei.png

~Wrath Badge[Not made yet]

Dragon Type Badge: Shinzoku "The Calm Fighter"
VShinzoku.png

~Pride Badge[Not made yet]

Water Type Trainer: Dylan "The Dreaming Philosopher"
VSDylan-1.png

~Charity Badge[Not made yet]

Hope you like~

Also please note that the badges are just rough drafts and is subject to change.

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
they are good, but i notices that the greed and envy badges are almost the same thing.
Yeah, I know... Envy was the first one I made, and then when I had made Greed, I felt it needed a base, sorta like what the Envy badge has, and due to lack of creativity at the time, it became the same kind of base as the Envy one XD Though I have thought of removing the Envy's base altogether

EDIT: Removed the base from the Envy badge, hope it helps differentiate them... It's just too bad that both Greed and Envy is assosiated with the color Green XD

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Wait a minute, are these just edits of the Johto Gym Leaders?
VSOldguyV2.png
Pryce
VSBlaze.png
Lance
VSEdward.png
Falkner
And also from Kanto:
VSBosco.png

Please. Try and scratch something? anything at all.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
Some of these are a bit to close to thier bases, as stated above.
You can identify Pryce's clothes, but the face is VERY well edited.

The biggest offender of such is Shinzoku, who is just bruno with some facial hair.
(he looks pretty good with facial hair, I must say)

You have UNIVERSE-SIZED potential to be a great spriter, so keep up the work, practice practice practice practice, and always be original~

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
I know some of them are ALOT like their originals, but I really try to come up with some new stuff for all of them, such as giving Surge a suit(man that took a long time >_>), and turn Aaron into a woman(Rei), but I'm completely new to this, so I'm starting slow, but trust me, I really try ^^;; I actually meant to appologize in the first post about how some of them was just a tad too obvious, but I was just never able to make something that worked.

And to my "defense", Kiyoshi: I DID recolor his hair ;P

And Paranoid: Hey, I've scratched some of their accesories... Such as Surge's suit, Blaze's smile and mask(though that one was heavily inspired by Will), Rei's ponytail, glove and breasts, as well as the glasses on Alexis and my friend's dedicated sprite, Shinzoku's scar(yeah, big deal, huh XP), Edwards face(in order to get the facial expression I wanted, I basically had to remove everything from his face and redo it) and finally Yuri's glasses, mustache and the top of his head XD

I know it's not anything, but as said, I'm starting with details and then working up. I hope to be able to make something 100% scratched at some point, but yeah, I'm a beginner, plus I'm actually color blind, so right now, even making small things out of little colored cubes is hard ^^;;

OH! I also scratched my badges! 8O

EDIT: I got an idea and editted Yuri to make him more unique. I think it went well myself, especially because I feel his mathematician side shows more now ^^

Also, if anyone have any ideas on how I could improve each leader more, and make them more unique, I'd love to hear them XD Also feel free to come with ideas for the remaining Leaders 83

EDIT 2: I've just finished a minor change on Bosco... remade his hand. Nothing much, but it's there!

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
Since the limit of pictures in a post is 20 or so(I read it somewhere XD), and I'll get very close to that as I finish up the badges for the first batch of Leaders, I'm gonna post the next batch here instead ^^ Starting with:

Ice Type Leader: Sasha "The Tomboy"
VSSasha.png

~Temperance Badge [Not made yet]

Flying Type Leader: Sheena "The Ferocious Sky Pirate"
VSSheena.png

~Chastity Badge[Not made yet]

~Bug Type Leader: Sgt. Stone "The Veteran"
VSStone.png

~Humility Badge[Not made yet]

Psychic Type Leader: Kyril "The Street-wise Prodigy"
VSKyril.png

~Patience Badge[Not made yet]

Rock/Ground Type Leader: Chloe "The Stubborn Beauty"
VSChloe.png

~Sloth Badge[Not made yet]

Electric Type Leader: Sheila "The Prima Donna"
VSSheila.png

~Lust Badge[Not made yet]

Grass Type Leader: Rayen "The Peaceful Sage"
VSRayen.png

~Kindness Badge[Not made yet]

Also added Leader Titles for all my leaders ^^

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
Character wise, he's my fave as well, though Sasha probably takes the cake as my ultimate favorite... I'm just so proud of that skiing gear XD

EDIT: Dylan, the character based on my friend, hs now become the Water Gym leader! 8D

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
I never claimed they weren't edits. And some ARE also mixes XP But as mentioned, I really just do this to try and train and to have some pictures of the Leaders for my RP. Normally I'd have drawn it by hand, but I have no scanner at the moment, and I wanted to try something new as well ^^

EDIT: All Leaders have been posted! YATTA~! Lets parteh! XD

Anyway, if anyone have some ideas on things that could be improved, I'd still love to hear them ^^

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Yo. I'll be putting my comments on everything in red.
Normal Type Leader: Prof. Alexis "The Analyst"
VSAlexis.png

Okay. So this is pretty obviously based off of Athena (no way I'm using her silly English name), right down to the outfit. It really looks like all you've done is recoloring it, and for bigger sprites like this, that's not a good idea. Perhaps try to change their hairstyle entirely, or put different patterns on their clothes.
~Purity Badge:
Purity-Badge.png

Poison Type Leader: Bosco "The Businessman"
VSBosco-1.png

Again, I'm guessing this was some sort of Brock-Lieutenant Surge combination. Nice job on the editing, but again, change the hair more so as not to make it so obvious.
~Corruption Badge[Not made yet]

Steel Type Leader: Yuri "The Professor"
VSYuri.png

Pryce, maybe a bit of Lucian thrown in with the arm? Anyway, the crosshatching shouldn't be perfectly up-and-down, but put at a slight angle.
~ Dilligence Badge[Not made yet]

Fire Type Leader: Blaze "The Flagrant Youth"
VSBlaze.png

...Are you serious? You didn't really bother to change Lance's hairdo or hair color, not even to a red instead of a pink, and the edges of the cape are still black when they should be a dark yellow or something. And then slapping a Will mask on it... I'm not a fan of this.
Ghost Type Leader: Edward "The Hermit"
VSEdward.png

This, this I like. You've managed to make Falkner disturbing and imposing instead of flat-out imposing, and the shadows around the face were very well done. Props on that. It doesn't look like you slacked on the recoloring or scratching, either. Good job.
Dark Type Leader: Kaito "The Shadowy Gentleman"
VSKaito.png

~Greed Badge
Again, not much to say except okay, it's a combination of Blue and Giovanni. There is some uneven pixel work near the neck.
Fighting Type Leader: Rei "The Brute"
VSRei.png

This is likely an Aaron edit, and at least you tried to scratch him into a female form. However, the hair shouldn't spike out like that but ought to flow behind her more - and if that's how it's supposed to be, make it flow a little more natually. The chest area was a good attempt, but they should start closer to where the arm meets the shoulder.

Dragon Type Badge: Shinzoku "The Calm Fighter"
VShinzoku.png

Yeah. It's Bruno. Simple recolor with some small, easy scratching.
Water Type Trainer: Dylan "The Dreaming Philosopher"
VSDylan-1.png

Blend of Lucian and Morty. It's obvious the blue scarf-thing over his shoulder was scratched because A: there's dithering where there should be clear lines and B: the outline is all black. Same with the hair. Did you notice on the small part of his scarf showing the light, the outline is dark blue and not black? Do that with your sprites too, in order to make it more natural.

All in all, you made a good attempt. I love the idea of the Seven Deadly Sins/Seven Sacred Virtues as Gym Badges (out of my own fake Leaders, I know who would get Wrath ;D). But as with most Trainer mugshots, it was easy to pick out who was based off of who. Study some of the original mug-shots closer, and pay particular attention to the lineart. Zoom in on them in a program if you must. But understand that the lineart isn't all black, and does turn darker versions of its parallel color in direct light, like so:

bg8u38.png

Now, the sprite itself is old, but it (and the character, Sabrina) are mine. No touching! D:<

Anyway, the outfit was a pretty bad example because of the fact it's very dark, but the hair is a good example. Did you notice how Sabby's hair outlines were either brown or gray everywhere they came in direct contact with the light source (i.e., everywhere except directly under her)? It makes the lines look more natural.

Oh, wait, there's more.

Ice Type Leader: Sasha "The Tomboy"
VSSasha.png

I see a lot of Gardenia in here. Don't use the cross-pixel methid to shade so much; since the area is bigger, thick lines should do just as well.

Flying Type Leader: Sheena "The Ferocious Sky Pirate"
VSSheena.png

Ah, now here's our Sabrina. Good editing with the bandanna and gloves again, but the shirt tipped me off (I always hated Sabrina's new shirt...). Anyway, like I said before, color your lines. But since hair is especially susceptible to light, do it there more than on clothing.

~Bug Type Leader: Sgt. Stone "The Veteran"
VSStone.png

...Okay, so Chuck. I see some Lieutenant Surge again... maybe just Chuck. Not much else to say.

Psychic Type Leader: Kyril "The Street-wise Prodigy"
VSKyril.png

Oho, nice Kotone! I like her too. Though you could have changed the outfit again, I quite like the rest of her attire.

Rock/Ground Type Leader: Chloe "The Stubborn Beauty"
VSChloe.png

Erika and Misty blend, I think. Anyway, the lines should be smoothed out on her haircut, but otherwise okay.

Electric Type Leader: Sheila "The Prima Donna"
VSSheila.png

Argenta. The sunglasses tipped me off. I'm a little iffy about the earrings, though; for one thing, they're gold, right? Why aren't they shining spectacularly as gold loves so much to do? And the earring should be hidden behind that lock of hair framing her face closer to us; since the earring is right next to the ear, and the hair goes out a little, it should be in front.

Grass Type Leader: Rayen "The Peaceful Sage"
VSRayen.png

Brock with some Morty thrown in. Hmm... he doesn't look very sage-like to me, but that's just me. Not much but a recolor and some copy-and-paste action here.

Edward remains my favorite. <3 And that's not because he strikes so close to home with my own hermit-y character, Álmos, either.

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
Thanks for your input! I'll try and see what I can do to improve them with that ^^

But first, counter comments XP:

Bosco: It's not a mix... It's all Surge, just with added beard, suit and a remade hand

Blaze: This was made kinda to fit a friends wishes XD I made the mask myself, so it's not "completely" Will XP

Edward: Thanks! I'm very proud of him myself ^^ He's simple, but I feel he really has personality

Rei: She was the first one I made actually, so I'm not surprised you see problems ^^;; But the breasts actually DO start where they should be, but I guess it's hard to see... I'll see what I can do ^^

Shinzoku: Yes... I'm not really proud of this one, but I just can't seem to think of anything to do to him D8 I'm sorry!

Dylan: Only the end of the scarf is scratched really... So the errors you point out should be directed mostly at whoever sprited the original Morty XP But I'll take a look at it ^^

Sasha: But, but... I worked so hard on skiing gear D8 XP But yeah, I just found that the cross shading looked better personally

Sheena: Same as above, though with an added comment on the hair... I did color out my lines O_o...

Sgt. Stone: The shirt was inspired by Surge... That's just about it. Other then that it's chucks with recolored beard and a added helmet.

Kyril: It may be hard to see, especially since I used a girl base, but Kyril IS a boy XP

Chloe: There's no Misty... There's however some Erika, Whitney and Kotone. I take it as a victory that you couldn't see that XP

Sheila: I wasn't really sure how to make it sparkle. Also... That it's in front of the hair, is, again, the original spriters mistake, but I'll see if I can fix it ^^

Rayen: You don't need to look something to be something! ... But yeah... This was made after an all nighter at 8 in the morning... I got a little... Lazy XP

And then a counter comment to your note about the outlines: I'm colorblind, so in many cases it's difficult for me to find the right outline ^^;; but well... I'll see what I can do ^^ And thanks again

Also, don't worry about that character of yours XP can't use it for anything, so it's safe

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Blaze: This was made kinda to fit a friends wishes XD I made the mask myself, so it's not "completely" Will XP
Ahh. I mean no offense to your friend, but that explains the random thrown-togetherness that none of your other characters have...

Edward: Thanks! I'm very proud of him myself ^^ He's simple, but I feel he really has personality
I agree. I can see it just in the mugshot. <3 Props again!

Shinzoku: Yes... I'm not really proud of this one, but I just can't seem to think of anything to do to him D8 I'm sorry!
Tattoos. Lots and lots of tattoos.

Dylan: Only the end of the scarf is scratched really... So the errors you point out should be directed mostly at whoever sprited the original Morty XP But I'll take a look at it ^^
All errors were pointed at the scratched part of the scarf. Sorry if I didn't elaborate on that enough.

Sasha: But, but... I worked so hard on skiing gear D8 XP But yeah, I just found that the cross shading looked better personally
And the ski gear looked good. |3

Sheena: Same as above, though with an added comment on the hair... I did color out my lines O_o...
Yes, on the folds of the bandanna. But the same rule applies to the outer lines. For example, her hair is a black outline instead of, say, a dark auburn or brown.

Sgt. Stone: The shirt was inspired by Surge... That's just about it. Other then that it's chucks with recolored beard and a added helmet. Yeah, the Surge-y shirt was where I saw him.

Kyril: It may be hard to see, especially since I used a girl base, but Kyril IS a boy XP
...Aw, man! XD You may want to make his features less rounded, then, assuming he's not about ten years old.

Chloe: There's no Misty... There's however some Erika, Whitney and Kotone. I take it as a victory that you couldn't see that XP Yeah. I didn't actually look at any of the mug-shots before guessing, so I just assumed they did something to Misty's sideways ponytail. |P

Sheila: I wasn't really sure how to make it sparkle. Also... That it's in front of the hair, is, again, the original spriters mistake, but I'll see if I can fix it ^^
Just add in little one-pixel splotches of very light color near the light source, in an uneven pattern. Point taken with the earring, but you really should have fixed it if it was the sprite's problem.

Rayen: You don't need to look something to be something! ... But yeah... This was made after an all nighter at 8 in the morning... I got a little... Lazy XP
I know, that was just a random comment. |3 And yeah, you may want to sling a loose-fitting cape over his shoulders or something.

Also, don't worry about that character of yours XP can't use it for anything, so it's safe
Heh, I was just remarking how Edward reminded me of him. (Doesn't help that he's easily one of my favorite creations too, either...)

Comments, again, in red. Nice job with these, but for the parts where the original spriter was at fault... you should have fixed them. :/

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
Years
I should have, but I didn't really think about it XD my mistake, feel free to slap me!

And tatoos... yes...YES! THAT'S PERFECT! It'll totally fit his character! Thank you!

And also thanks for all the other ideas! I'm gonna get on that as soon as possible! :3

... And about Kyril, he's supposed too look all young and innocent XD It was 100% on purpose that he ended up having a kind of girly look.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Ah. I thought he was a rougher, less innocent sort because he's the Street-Wise Prodigy and whatnot.

[slaps]

Back