• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Words that you mispell?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • Words like premiere give me all kinds of trouble. ]: I used to have problems with the word definitely, but then I learned to spell it "definite" + "ly."

Thankfully we live in a world where everything can be spell-checked before we make it public!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Uhhh there are a lot of words I spell wrong that someone usually catches me on, lol. But I can't really remember what they are rn because well, they're usually in the context of the conversation I'm in. But I think I get corrected a lot on sandwich (which I typed wrong before being corrected by spell check). Because of that, I usually just say sammich. lol

merfyz

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    This isn't a hard word but i always spell it wrong: "shure" which is really spelled like "sure"

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't have trouble with any word unless it is just new or unfamiliar to me.
    What you might call a 'gift', I suppose... In fact, I'm often disappointed at how English lacks certain words, such as a decent plural form of 'you' (which many other languages have).

Last edited:
    Years
  • A billion of them. Spelling is one of my weak points. My posts would look awful if spellchecks weren't built into browsers these days. >_< The more I use problem words, though, the less often I screw up!

Words I can think of off the top of my head: definitely, business (although I'm getting better with that one), performer (ditto), necessarily... actually, a lot of words mentioned in here I spell wrong the first time. XD
    When I was younger, I couldn't spell restaurant. I learned to spell it in German class. 8D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Judgment. I hate how its spelled. The E just like, peaced out. -> judgement ;_;
    Both spellings are passable, see here and here.
    "without the -e is preferred in law globally, and in American English, while with the -e is preferred in British English."

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I didn't even realise that the title was wrong, lol.

Anyway, almost literally anything with double letters in it. Misspell, embarrassed, Colosseum, stuff like that. Only when it sounds like it could have two sets of double letters, though. "letters: for example is fine, even though it has the double t in it. You get my point, haha.

Then there are just the random ones. Business is a pretty big offender, as is restaurant, the latter because I always get the as and the es mixed up. I do that in more words than I care to list right now. It's always with the vowels, lol. ¬¬

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Believe. It's just that word for some reason, I sometimes spell it correctly, but for the most part I always misspell it. :/

This. Which is very unfortunate since I use believe a lot. I spell it as beleive -> believe. Other than that, not that I know off. My english is pretty good, so does my spelling. Grammar on the other hand...

EDIT: tommorow -> tomorrow. Actually, I'm surprised that tommorow wasn't the correct spelling.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ohay others have had issues with definitely too! I remember Went always used to comment upon my use of it... or at least I think it was him. At least now I can spell it! tbh, I used to be good at spelling and then that just kinda stopped so now I'm at a point where I'm not really that great at spelling.

On the plus side, anything I'm unsure about I tend to Google beforehand and if not I assume I'm fine. And if I don't know how to spell words and I don't feel like Googling, I tend to make them look like typos to confuse those looking at what I've typed.

And as far as writing, well... nobody can read my writing anyway, so it doesn't matter if I make spelling errors. :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I often misspell words that have the suffix "-able" such as manageable, for instance.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I feel a bit better about myself that some people here misspell "definitely" all the time, I thought I was like the only one that usually misspells it. I tend to have to use spellcheck for that word all the time

:t354:TG

Years
  • There are probably quite a few words I misspell, but there's one I misspell on purpose:
    "occassionally". I know it should only have one "s", but I don't like that. So I spell it with two. Simply out of personal preference. Looks better and sounds better.

Back