• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen World-wide wi-fi trading

Who thinks that World-Wide trading is an awesome feature.

• I think it's awesome!!

Votes: 60 83.3%
  • It's Okay...

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • It's stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World-wide trading? What's that?

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2007
    I agree i don't understand how it could work. It doesn't make sense to me.

Years
  • Isn't that the same idea as computers? Like.. each person has their own IP Address.. ....bad example.. hmm..

OH, people's addresses in real life. If you know their address, then you can go visit them. I think that's the idea on the World-wide Wi-Fi. You put in your friend's code, and it probably sends a message to that person that he/she wants to connect, and they connect with each other, trading, chatting, playing, whatever! Get it? I think that's what it is anyways.

Years
  • I think it's the DS, I don't own one, so I'm not sure. But, to Wi-Fi with people, you need to buy the Wi-Fi adapter, so perhaps the code comes with that?

FortuneHunter

remember, puddin's the ****
    Years
  • I own a DS and i really enjoy how the wifi is used on "Animal Crossing Wild World", you go to other people's towns. I think they'll do the pokemon thing just like that, only you go to another person's differend personalized home!!!!! But it would be even better if you could relace your pokemon in your home and let them play, battle, and trade!!!!!!!
    I only know this because I'm taking a college course on video game desine, and we've made our own games for whatever systems we have, I made a simple "role play" for the PS3 and a more complacated game of chess on my DS. The prblem is getting the data to save..... I think i need to make the card bigger......*thinking* Hmmmmmm........

Oh well.... If you have a DS and have some good ideas for the game please post!!! i'll check it later!!

Is it each cartridge has a friend code? Or is it a ds? Still confused

sry to doubble poste..... yeah i know it's against the rules and stuff.... but the DS and Card are treated as a pair.

But you can change your code any time you want!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
  • I think it's awesome! But it's not exactly like everyone says. The friends code comes with the game, it is made when they make it. No 2 friends codes are the same because they always check it in factory, and you can't change it. Otherwise it would be messed up in so many ways. The way it works is that your ds card has many things you don't know about. Especially ram, and "dswifi" coding data. The ram is used when you battle and speak, when oyu battle you download the other persons data including the Pokemon levels, and moves. After that the ram is emptied so that you can chat. When you chat your voice turns into i think some sort of code, then it is uploaded to them, and then they can hear it. It's really simple once you know about it.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Does anyone here know how it will work? Will you find people friend codes then look for them thourgh wifi? I'm confused with it.

Well, It's extemely simple, firstly you'll need a wireless internet, or purchase the Nintendo WI-FI USB from Nintendo, but you can only use Wifi with broadband.

The way it works is you get a book in-game, and you are able to input peoples codes and there name, You get 32 spaces to fill, and I myself will be trading with people from this here community.

The DS treats the game and the DS as one, so when you first go on to wifi make sure its on your DS. And as Absolutide said, A friend code is always different, so you cannot use your code from metroid prime for example.

So yeah, Wi-fi with pokemon will be awesome, I'll finally be able to get a Ho oh and Lugia!

Years
  • I think the idea of trading with people from all-over the world is going to be the best improvement to trading since wireless trading.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Just like in Mario Kart kicking peoples butts on the internet, i know I'll love this. This gives a better chance of actually catching them all without cheating

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
    Years
  • I like how you can put your Pokémon you want to trade so everybody sees it even when your DS is not turned on. When you do, you'll get messages from people who want to trade. Awesome!

The gts doesn't work that way, what happens is, say you have a infernape that you don't really want, but you want an empoleon.

You go into the gts, access the first option to put infernape up for trade, then you specify what pokemon you want in return (empoleon in this case) what level you want an empoleon at, and what gender.

When you've done all that, the game uploads infernape into the GTS so everyone around the world can see it, then you leave gts go play through the game some more, or just save and turn off the game, then after a certain amount of time(i always give it a few hours) go back into the gts, and if someone has accepted the trade it'll start automatically and an empoleon will drop down into your game. :D
    No messaging involved

If anyone didn't understand that then pm me and i'll try and explain it better.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • All I need Wi-Fi trading for is to get Stunky, Cranidos, and Dialga. I might not even need it since I have a few friends who are getting Diamond. The rest I will capture on my own.

Gigerm

I GOT THE SPIRITOMB IN ME!
    Years
  • The gts doesn't work that way, what happens is, say you have a infernape that you don't really want, but you want an empoleon.

You go into the gts, access the first option to put infernape up for trade, then you specify what pokemon you want in return (empoleon in this case) what level you want an empoleon at, and what gender.

When you've done all that, the game uploads infernape into the GTS so everyone around the world can see it, then you leave gts go play through the game some more, or just save and turn off the game, then after a certain amount of time(i always give it a few hours) go back into the gts, and if someone has accepted the trade it'll start automatically and an empoleon will drop down into your game. :D
    No messaging involved

If anyone didn't understand that then pm me and i'll try and explain it better.
    You got it right there buddy

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    If I import the US Version, will I be able to use the feature? I live in England BTW.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Yeah, Only if you have either, 1) Wireless Broadband, Or 2) The Wi-Fi USB stick, so that you are able to connect to Wi-Fi.

Back