• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen World-wide wi-fi trading

Who thinks that World-Wide trading is an awesome feature.

• I think it's awesome!!

Votes: 60 83.3%
  • It's Okay...

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • It's stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World-wide trading? What's that?

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    I love the new wifi features, I have some family and friends who I dont get to see that often who it owuld be fun to battle with. A lot of the time organizing getting together to have pokemon battles and whatnot can be very annoying.

Another battle feature I heard about is level balancing, so all of your friend's and your pokemon are on level 50 or 100, so people who are up to different parts in the game can battle more fairly :3

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Which makes all the months of training I've done completely pointless. >.<

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    Which makes all the months of training I've done completely pointless. >.<

I dont think the level balancing is necessary though, it's just an option you choose before you begin battling. I'm not 100% sure though, because I don't have the game : P

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Alright question I thought that you could only trade with people in your country.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You all need to lurl moar. Lots, I say, lots.

OK, first off, each game has its own friend code. Not the DS, game. Second of all, you can trade in two ways:

• Either you trade with a friend which has your friend code, and vice-versa, or you use the GTS:
    • What's the GTS, you say? Global Trade Station. Here you can just submit any Pokémon you like and ask for another one in exchange. It is then posted worldwide on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and if somebody wants the Pokémon you chose to give, then you're ready to trade. No friend codes needed.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    but I don't want to trade with some random person, i want to aim for a specific person. How do I do that?
    I've made some pre-trades, and since you can't specify shiny or not shiny, i want to trade manually

Ichida

Years
    Why does it matter, as long as you get what you want?

If you're that strict about it, use friend codes or trade using local wireless with someone you know.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    Here's something else I was wondering about the GTS; Can you trade for a pokemon that's not in the sinnoh pokedex before getting the nationaldex? For example, would I be able to trade my lvl.15 shinx for a lvl.15 magnemite at the beginning of the game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^I don't think so. You'd need to get a National Pokédex for that to actually happen. I'm not sure though, but it's highly unlikely you'll be able to get a certain creature before getting the appropriate dex.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Here's something else I was wondering about the GTS; Can you trade for a pokemon that's not in the sinnoh pokedex before getting the nationaldex? For example, would I be able to trade my lvl.15 shinx for a lvl.15 magnemite at the beginning of the game?

You can only request Pokémon on the GTS that you have seen. So, if you haven't seen a Magnemite, you can not request it.

Ichida

Years
    Well, that's incredibly stupid, and defeats the entire point of trading. <.<;;

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Well, that's incredibly stupid, and defeats the entire point of trading. <.<;;

Yeah!, that's what I thought, but I think they made it that way so you cannot trade a level 100 to your game and own the whole game by mindlessly pressing attack until it actually obeys (Lol at RBY, Good old days)

But It's also helpful, as the requirement in D/P is to have seen the poke not caught, So if you cannot trade with someone who has your opposite version, Just go on to Wi-Fi.

Years
    Yeah!, that's what I thought, but I think they made it that way so you cannot trade a level 100 to your game and own the whole game by mindlessly pressing attack until it actually obeys (Lol at RBY, Good old days)

But It's also helpful, as the requirement in D/P is to have seen the poke not caught, So if you cannot trade with someone who has your opposite version, Just go on to Wi-Fi.
    You can still trade Pokémon the usual way, the GTS isn't the only way to trade.
    You don't have to have seen a certain Pokémon for receiving it in a normal trade.

Ichida

Years
    I was hoping to do that with my lv100 Emerald team. :P But apparently you can't do anything relating to any other games until you get the National Pokedex. When the hell do you get it, anyways?! <.<;;

Years
    I was hoping to do that with my lv100 Emerald team. :P But apparently you can't do anything relating to any other games until you get the National Pokedex. When the hell do you get it, anyways?! <.<;;
    You get it when you've seen (not caught) all Pokémon form the Shinou dex.
    You can see them all if you battle every trainer and if you talk to an old lady you'lll see the version exclusive legendary, so you don't even need to trade to get it.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    So, if we can't ask for any Pokemon that we haven't seen, then how will the trading of the super-legendaries (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Manaphy, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai (sp?), Shaymin, Arceus) work? Won't we have to ask for this Pokemon to get it in a WiFi GTS trade?

If so, then that sucks.

(PS- I got a Manaphy/Phione in my Ranger game. If anybody wants one when the American D/P GTS goes up, PM me. I'm not a mean guy, I'll trade you reasonably.)

Years
    So, if we can't ask for any Pokemon that we haven't seen, then how will the trading of the super-legendaries (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Manaphy, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai (sp?), Shaymin, Arceus) work? Won't we have to ask for this Pokemon to get it in a WiFi GTS trade?

If so, then that sucks.

(PS- I got a Manaphy/Phione in my Ranger game. If anybody wants one when the American D/P GTS goes up, PM me. I'm not a mean guy, I'll trade you reasonably.)
    You won't get them on the GTS, you are right with that.
    But you can still trade Pokémon the traditional way, which doesn't require you to have seen the Pokémon before.

And some of the Pokémon you mentioned are only availible if you are using a cheating device.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Do you have to see the pokemon to trade for it if you use a friend code?

Back