• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worried: Old Pokemon Fan

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Hi I am Jimmy Schwartz and I am turning 21 years old. I am like every other kid when I was 10 years old, I watched the show religiously and collected the cards. Now I am 21 years old and still love watching the old episodes. It will always be apart of me because It was made during my child hood time. Am i weird for still liking Pokemon because I am 21 years old? I am going to be one of those people thats always going to be a kid at heart. When I am a father ill still be watching toy story lion king and pokemon, especially with my kids and see them grow up with it. am i the one who feels this way?

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
    Hey welcome. :3

You're not weird for liking pokemon! I'm 21 and still enjoy it. There are others here in their 20's that enjoy it, and I'm sure there are a few well into their 30s who play it.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I'm 24 years old, i'm an engineer, i work on a big company and still love play games!! I really never like the anime but the games are part of my life, and i've two roommates that are 20 & 19 years old and still like pokemon as well, so don't worry :D

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Duuude, no way. I'm gonna be 23 here in less than two weeks, and I'm a big a fan as ever. Actually, I recently stayed up until 6am to catch the airing on the new Pokemon anime in Japan. XD /nerd And I still love the games, well. No harm in being over 18 and liking Pokemon, a good number of the fanbase are older. I remember going to Pokemon Rocks America, and there were people there in their 60's who loved Pokemon.

Anyhoo yeah, no harm in that, and welcome to the community, Jimmy! xD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    thanks everyone, drew, you must be a very dedicated fan man. Watching the new episodes. I cant watch them because the orginal cast isnt there anymore and the people who did the voices. Veronica taylor was awsome!! I love the 1st season alot...82 episodes...they were the classics and they made Pokemon in my opinion. Drew I also want to let you know that the orginal voice of ash, misty, and jessica will in new york oct 8-10 signing autographs. i wanted to make an announcement about it. where should I post it? Drew, isnt it true that most pokemon fans are 16 and older because they grewup watching it from the begginning?

jimmy

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Not at all, man. I'll probably never stop loving Pokemon. The classic games at least. The newer ones don't leave as big a impact as the older ones do.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    I may not be in my twenties yet, but I know Pokemon will always be a huge part of me. No need to worry!

Ayselipera

What! No, you're not weird at all! It's hard to break away from fond childhood television shows and memorabilia. I remember Pokemon premiered when I was about five or six years old and I'd say I'm more loyal as a fan now then ever before.

Honestly you sound like you're going to be the coolest dad ever. Any kid would love to have a father who likes to watch Disney movies and cartoons with them! If I ever have kids (which I won't because I hate children, but that is another story for another day) then I would definitely try to get involved in their little kid shows and movie watching. :3

I agree with your new voices for the anime statement. I can't get into it either with the whole cast changed around. :( At least the games have stayed true for the most part<3

Oh dear, I've gone off a little too far! Welcome to PC Jimmy! There are tons of older fans here so don't be ashamed to proclaim your love for it!

Tyler Carmine

Poke'mon Master
    Years
    Im 21 and I don't think i'll ever stop playing the games. The show is just too....blah for me but the RPG games will never die for me. Especially because the Poke'mon series is the best RPG out there IMO.

P.S. Can someone help me get my Scizor here in SS?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I cant watch them because the orginal cast isnt there anymore and the people who did the voices. Drew I also want to let you know that the orginal voice of ash, misty, and jessica will in new york oct 8-10 signing autographs. i wanted to make an announcement about it. where should I post it?
    Haha, but Drew watched the Japanese anime, and I don't believe the voice actors have changed in the original. At least, not to a grave extent. As for where you can make your announcement, I would say over in the Pokémon Anime board, but just make sure no one has already addressed it first. I don't often frequent that board, so I wouldn't really know. :x

P.S. Can someone help me get my Scizor here in SS?
    Erm... I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm guessing no one can really help you here in NU/W. Might wanna try over in the Wi-Fi Center?

Any who, as with the vast majority of this thread, I'm nearly twenty and I spend a good deal of my time moderating a Pokémon forum... and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. XD If you really enjoy the franchise, I don't see why anyone should care. It's fun, and very addictive. .___.

Check out the rest of our community, and you'll see just how addicting it can get! :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm 23 and a bigger fan of the games than I've ever been...I have slipped quietly in and out of the fandom a couple of times since being introduced to it though. XD

Welcome to the PokeCommunity, our own mildly psychotic corner of the Internet. Be sure to read up on the rules, don't eat candy offered to you by strangers, and ask any of the sweeties with the colorful names if you need help. :D

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
    People a lot older than yourself are making Pokemon anime episodes right now. If they didn't like Pokemon, they would have quit already.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I'm 22, and ever since I started learning about Pokemon on the internet (fairly recently, when I discovered bulbapedia), I have begun to like it even more than I did when I was younger :).

When I used to play, I had no idea what EV training was, I didn't know there was such a thing as competitive pokemon, and I had never seen more than maybe 3 or 4 episodes of the anime.

Despite the fact that I don't think competitive battling is for me (though I might not mind trying out one of those online simulations sometime), it somehow gives the Pokemon world that I grew up with more depth to know that that's out there.

I also really have enjoyed watching the anime. It's definitely not for everyone -- at some point, the episodes start becoming very formulaic, and I started to only watch the ones that had "Major Events" as reported by the summaries in bulbapedia, but I still like it for the most part.

I just wish I had some other game system than my old SP. I wish I had a DS to play gen IV games or a console game to play some of the other pokemon-based games out there. Unfortunately, I'm a poor college graduate who has only recently found a job, so investing in game systems is probably not a good idea at this point in my life :P. Someday I will, though!

Anyways, welcome to the forums, Jimmy :)! I hope you have fun :P.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    Welcome to the forum. I've recently finished watching the Indigo League series and I quite enjoyed it. :)

You're not wierd for liking pokemon no matter how old you are, I will most definitely like it still when I get older. Obviously it's a big part of your child hood and it will be the same with me so you can't really just forget about. Plus, I bet your kids will love having a dad who likes the same things as them like Pokemon or as you said some of the more child made films, that way it will probably be easier to connect with them.

Enjoy your stay here dude. ^_^

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    Definitely not weird. I just saw this and I had to comment. Pokemon is one of the best anime and game franchises of all time. It is heartfelt, and timeless.

I hope I can introduce it to my kids one day and hope that they will fall in love with it. It's amazing!

I'm 21 too! :D

Last edited:

AaronOnPokemon

"So the story continues!"
    Years
    To be honest I think that it is good that people don't care what "normal" people say and just do what they feel is right. I am 16 and I like Pokémon more now then I did when I was 10.

Having a like for something isn't wrong. And you are in a place where we are all probably going to like Pokémon when we are old a withered. So yeah, don't worry about it :D

123wert50

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Not at all. Even though I'm only 11, I've been to 3 tournaments (2 of which I won) and belive me, there's a few 30-40 year olds. Belive me. Your not weird at all.

Back