• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~worst Moves Of 1st/2nd Generation~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    As you can think of the worst moves that Nintendo can make of and should have cut out in the future but kept them

I couldn't stand Flash and Splash

you?

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Rock Smash

Why they made it an HM attack (unable to be deleted until late in the game by the move deleter) in Ru/Sa...I don't know...

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    i strongly dislike the moves...light screen/reflect, not really sure why , but they just seemed like a waste to me they were cool because they raised defense and stuff, but they ment absolutely nothin to me...

Inugami

Years
    I can't stand Flash (Worthless HM) and Rocksmash (Low attack HM)
    Splash (worthless)

I'm glad they removed flash as an HM in D/P

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Flash; as an HM in older gen. games, once you left rock tunnel, it just became a complete waste of space =/

Oh, and sing, just thinking back to years ago when I had first tried to catch a jigglypuff. That moved pissed me off so much...

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    What was the point of Waterfall in R/B/Y? Two Pokemon got it, and it was better to teach them surf anyway. Waterfall and Surf both have 15 PP, but Waterfall hits 80 and Surf hits 95. And it's always useful to have a Pokemon with Surf in your team. But Waterfall? Even in G/S/C it was useless unless you needed it as an HM, few trainers would give their strong water types Waterfall.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    well, everybody hates Splash, and i hated Flash for the mere fact that a move that would reduce accuracy was so inaccurate itself. also, i hate Dynamicpunch and Zap Cannon. i don't do much with the "luck" moves, and i hated that they'd be much more likely to work for all of my opponents than when i used them.

Tommy

Crazy Diamond
    Years
    I definitely think Rock Smash was the worst move. Why they made it a HM in 3rd Gen I honestly do not know. Weak base attack, and to smash rocks for Pokemon commonly found somewhere else or given to you by that dude in Cianwood? Not good.

Splash has lol value when people use it against you, seriously.

Ftkatyowser

~I Love (Provolone) CHEESE~
    Years
    I hate the fact that most o the HMs are either Water or flying type, so you have to Overuse HMs on one of your compatible team pokemon, and then when your pokemon goes to learn a good move you have to either find a ton of heartscales or delete one of the moves you want.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    well they made them better in later games, but Fissure, Guillitone, and Horn Drill, I believe, were practically useless. they only worked against normal/fighting AND they were all 30% accurate or less. terrible moves.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I agree that Flash and Splash are useless moves.

Flash is only good for lighting some of the caves (like the Rock Tunnel, was it, in R/B/Y) but it's useless in battle. The move itself isn't accurate (about 70% I think) and if your strategy was to lower the opponents accuracy before attacking, there are other moves (like the humble Sand Attack) that do the job just as good.

As for Spalsh. It's the most annoying move, and it doesn't even do anything. It's even annoying when you're fighting against a Fisherman and his army of Magikarp and they hardly do anything but Splash. What's the point? Where's the challenge?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    Don't go freaking out on me just because dragon semi-uberz learn it, but i was very unimpressed with Hyperbeam in the metal generation. In the first generation, you only had to recharge if you didn't make the enemy pokemon faint. But even if you kill the other pokemon in the second generation, you have to recharge after it.

Hyper beam does 150 damage, but you can't attack your second turn. Assuming the enemy isn't poisoned/burned, that means you're doing 75 damage each turn. A move like crunch, thrash, outrage, or even STRENGTH (which does 80) used in two consecutive turns will outdamage it.

Pathetic.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    im not sure if its considered a move but also stuggle its stupid
    Well, Struggle isn't a move as such since your Pokemon only use it when they completely run out of PP.
    (Then again, it's really irritating when you're trying to catch a Legendary Pokemon. It's a long battle, they soon run out of moves, and then they KO themeselves with Struggle! Wah!)

Back