• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~worst Moves Of 1st/2nd Generation~*!*~

anemos

Insomniac
Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    odor sleuth! you need to use it BEFORE the person doubleteams you!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Let's see I dislike Spore, just because it did the same thing as sleep powder. Splash was just useless aswell.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    no, spore is good. it has 100% accuracy. its the good sleep move.brelon isnt called uber because it has no moves to follow up. all it can do is make stuff sleep

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    zap cannon. thunder+thunderwave but only hits half the time. its a suicide move
    BUT spore is 3rd generation, and zap cannon was cool, it took effort to get its tm, i gave it to my zapdos (was zapdos crazy then)

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2007
    I always hated the inaccurate status-inflicting moves, like Supersonic and Sing, because they never worked for me and always worked for the ingame trainers.

Night Shade was pretty lame, too. Until getting Shadow Ball, my Haunter pretty much had to rely on that silly (though creative) attack. Actually, all the attacks that did a fixed amount of damage sucked. False Swipe is a much more valuable move for catching pokemon.

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure any attack that has recoil damage was worthless, one, if you kill a pokemon, it would do like 1/6 of your life, which might be how much damage the pokemon would end up doing to you in the end.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Splash is the worste, exspecially a Magikarp with splash even more worste.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I hate Splash, Flash, but most of all i hate Fury cutter, your lucky if you get a strong fury cutter from 5 turns of over using it.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Flash, Splash,Light screen, ANYTHING that does not ATTACK is dibbed useless to me and I never used those type of moves it's a waste of time I like using brute force who else agrees? :D

Useless? You obviouly have no competitive battle experience. Brute force gets owned by blissey and suicune. Toxic, Thunder wave, Reflect Light Screen, Agaility, and similar moves are crucial to almost any good battlers strategy. That's right, strategy. Brute force isn't a strategy. It's a n00b way of battling. Sorry, had to vent for a sec. As for useless moves, there are plenty. Constrict on tentacool makes tackle look like explosion! Flash, rock smash, they're all useless. I actually like splash just because it makes fun of magikarp. OHLO moves are pretty pointless too. They NEVER hit. Rollout is poor too.

DC89

Water/Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • The move thats name I can't remember that kept you into battle and you cant change pokemon.

the legendary dogs with roar is useless if you are looking to "catch em all"

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    A Supersonic attack in the Emerald Version... it has very low acc (55% i think) but when a computer trainer commands a dang Wingull/Magnemite (which is hard to kill if you didnt start out with a fire poke) to use Supersonic, it ALWAYS seems to hit!

Useless? You obviouly have no competitive battle experience. Brute force gets owned by blissey and suicune. Toxic, Thunder wave, Reflect Light Screen, Agaility, and similar moves are crucial to almost any good battlers strategy. That's right, strategy. Brute force isn't a strategy. It's a n00b way of battling. Sorry, had to vent for a sec. As for useless moves, there are plenty. Constrict on tentacool makes tackle look like explosion! Flash, rock smash, they're all useless. I actually like splash just because it makes fun of magikarp. OHLO moves are pretty pointless too. They NEVER hit. Rollout is poor too.

Lol, you proved it right! Shinji, you have absolutely no competitive battling experience whatsoever, If you used a Agiligross, (which i highly doubt you know what that is) this will change your mind faster than posting a 3 letter message..

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I dunno what's worthless, but I wish they made an Earthquake clone for every type. (100 power+100 accuracy=Best move ever)

Years
  • mean look i think is the most pointless move ever. other trainers in the game barely switch out their pokemon. It was a waste of space in my pokemon's main 4 attacks.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I found many moves to be useless, Flash, Splash, Leer, Growl, Tail Whip, Rage is sorta useless, unless you're facing Whitney's Miltank! It saved my butt then. XD

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    rage helped you? you triend to out-rollout whitney? ^_^

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • It has to be Bide.
    CHARGE UP FOR 5 TURNS AND DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
    Well, they made it better in the new games (Beat the invincible Purugly on a friend's game).
    Splash should put out a burn, it's only logical, and the most fun part is when Magikarp turns into Gyrados and you can make a level 100 huge dragon thing bounce around in a battle.

Back