• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] Worst Pokémon episode

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    What is your least favorite Pokémon episode?

Mine would be "Clefairy Tales" from Season 1
    Why: I found it to be very boring and what makes it even worse is that they had a cool concept, they just didn't execute it well at all.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After rewatching Kanto and remembering what I do from the other anime sagas, in Kanto, there is so many filler episodes and they all have terrible voice acting in most cases. But out of all of those, there is one episode I have seen so much and I just do not like AT ALL.

The Kangaskahn Kid.

It is just such a hard episode to enjoy. I actually skipped it when I was rewatching stuff. Maybe it is just an episode I have seen so much and I am sick of it, but I just can't enjoy it at all. It is also so boring like many episode in the Kanto series. I honestly didn't realize just how many fillers there were, but at least most of them had a learning point or a seasonal purpose for being there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    After rewatching Kanto and remembering what I do from the other anime sagas, in Kanto, there is so many filler episodes and they all have terrible voice acting in most cases. But out of all of those, there is one episode I have seen so much and I just do not like AT ALL.

The Kangaskahn Kid.

It is just such a hard episode to enjoy. I actually skipped it when I was rewatching stuff. Maybe it is just an episode I have seen so much and I am sick of it, but I just can't enjoy it at all. It is also so boring like many episode in the Kanto series. I honestly didn't realize just how many fillers there were, but at least most of them had a learning point or a seasonal purpose for being there.

Oh I remember that episode, back in January me and my older sister agreed to binge all of Pokémon and January-February was when we were watching Kanto, The Kangaskahn Kid was an episode I really didn't mind and neither did my sister. but I would say the filler in Johto is an absolute chore to get through if you have ever seen the Johto season. Heck me and my sister skipped most of the Johto filler because it was so bad.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Electric Soldier Porygon sent hundreds to the hospital and I'm scared of it. So, that's the worst episode.

& A chunk of the filler arc in between gyms 7 and 8 of the sinnoh saga were trash. It just got to be too much after awhile. I know there was a the contest arc but tbh all the filler episodes in Sinnoh between the first & section rematch for Volkner were just annoying.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Electric Soldier Porygon sent hundreds to the hospital and I'm scared of it. So, that's the worst episode.

& A chunk of the filler arc in between gyms 7 and 8 of the sinnoh saga were trash. It just got to be too much after awhile. I know there was a the contest arc but tbh all the filler episodes in Sinnoh between the first & section rematch for Volkner were just annoying.

Oh I know, when I first watched DP a few months ago. I skipped most of the straight-up filler episodes so I can't really speak for those but most of the Manga-Canon episodes were just flat out boring, especially the entire Gardenia arc in the first season. I liked DP but the only episodes I really enjoyed were the contest episodes. and the league.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Electric Soldier Porygon sent hundreds to the hospital and I'm scared of it. So, that's the worst episode.

Yeah I remember that. I actually stopped watching and playing pokemon between 7th and 8th gyms in Sinnoh and almost killed the series for me. But I came back once they got to Sinnoh League Victors and were heading the League, and Unova announcement had also brought me back.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    My least favourite pokemon episode was "Island of the Giant Pokemon" in the Indigo League- having the main Pokemons seperated from Ash and his friends was a rather interesting concept, but I had problems reading the subtitles (I have poor eyesight/high myopia) and it seemed to drag on for an entire episode as a bonus...

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    My least favourite episode is "Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym" because it relies on Ash becoming such an idiot that he basically thinks that a single Pokemon is all he needs to the point of only bringing that Pokemon. The killer Tynamo was good though.

Years
  • I don't recall disliking any anime episodes during Kanto at all. I liked most as a kid, but agree there were way too many filler episodes.

Days
  • Worst battle episode I saw was
    the worst is the electric gym battle of Unova. Ash acts like a complete moron having no strategy what so ever beyond type advantage. Ash after losing his first Pokémon LEAVES in the middle of the gym battle because he only brought one Pokémon and was out of useable Pokémon, literally just is like "whoops you fainted my Pokémon let me go get more". Gym Leader's ace is a tynamo, and whose only move is headbutt. Ash wins because randomly, as there is literally no reason it should happen, the tynamo suddenly decides it shouldn't listen to its trainer and launches itself into a trap created by Ash.

Worst filler is the episode where Pikachu, normally the mature big brother/dad figure of his team, throws a whiny temper tantrum because Ash is paying extra attention to Riolu... who mind you, needs the extra attention because it's a literal fucking newborn. Would have been easier to let slide if Ash hadn't already raised baby Pokemon before, but that isn't the case., and Pikachu never seemed to have any issues then, so why is he suddenly being a spoiled little brat now?

Just a stupid concept for an episode considering how many different Pokèmon Ash has trained over the years.

Back