• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon Ever

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    What about an Unown with Hidden Power Psychic? And Give it a twisted spoon and it becomes actually semi strong (unless you're against a dark type)

The Luvdisc's Smogon page was pretty funny. I approve.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Hello Unown. It's good to talk about you again in this context. About how your horrible stats and gimmicky premise and lack of movepool and fugly design and how there are SO DAMN MANY OF YOU render you to be the worst Pokemon not only in the context of gaming but just in life in general. You'll always be a perpetual punching bag for yours truly. :D

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Definitely Unown. At least Magikarp can learn Tackle, Flail, and Bounce (which are actually quite useful for a Magikarp). Unown, on the other hand, only knows Hidden Power and is very easy to beat. Ditto would be second, though.
    Ditto is not at all weak if used well, especially w/ its dream ability Imposter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Sunkern has a pretty good move pool. I would think it would more more powerful then magikarp simply because it has good moves to take advantage of it's stab. Tackle isn't going to dent anything. Anything at all...

I'd say Farfetch'd is the worst. Not because of it's low stats, but because of the lost potential for something great. He could have become the first Flying/Fighting type, maybe...

Also, Surskit. Just.. look down.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    People seem to be forgetting that you can't count Magikarp and Sunkern because they evolve into usable Pokemon. We're going by fully evolved Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    People seem to be forgetting that you can't count Magikarp and Sunkern because they evolve into usable Pokemon. We're going by fully evolved Pokemon.

They can count them if they want. The thread title is "Worst Pokemon Ever." You mentioned your debate with your friend was fully evolved Pokemon and stand alones only, but the title implies you would encompass the entire line of Pokemon. Plus, it's pointless trying to think of the worst Pokemon ever if you're excluding the majority. I'm pretty sure that in total, there are more NFE and middle Pokemon than fully evolved and stand alone Pokemon. But I digress.

As far as it goes though, Sunkern is definitely the weakest. But it's cute. It's got that going for it, lol. But since the OP is looking for fully evolved etc, I'm going to agree with Delibird. I have first hand experience with that crap. I had to use it in a challenge, and even though I bred it so it would at least have Ice Beam, it was still terrible. Hustle doesn't belong on Delibird, first off. Second, it's just...it's just bad. And outclassed by plenty of other Ice and Flying types. Hell, I'd take Farfetch'd over it any day. It's terribad.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Sunkern is weakest Stat wise. And a Magikarp could beat it with bounce.
    I know that he's the weakest, but any power advantage magikarp might have is pretty much over written by the fact he has no good stab moves. Sunkern has just as good of a movepool as any other grass type.

Bounce is a pretty bad move to rely on. Even if it can kill in one hit, you know it's coming as soon as he uses it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I'll go with luvdisc.

Other candidates I thought about:

Sunkern - Pokeathlon. (Even though some don't care, others do)
    Magikarp - Not useless since it evolves into Gyarados. Could be worst, but Gyarados isn't.
    Farfetch'd - Even though it can't battle, it still looks awesome.
    Dunsparce - Actually has pretty decent stats, and has room for development. (Normal/Dragon evo, anyone?)
    Unown - I used to diss on unown, but not anymore after that horrendous experience. (If you get frightenend easily, you don't want to know.)
    Delibird - It is really badass in manga.
    Plusle + Minun - They're useless, but I think it does have potential to be better if developers cared.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Unown. It's not bad, it's not terrible, it's terribad. Game Freak made it so people could write their name in Pokemon, that's it.

Years
    Farfetch'd for me. Apparently was designed with an old Japanese Proverb in mind, something about being naive. He was literally made with the intention of being crappy. At least Unown had a sort of gimmick where you catch them all, you use them as text to mail to your buddies (which delibird was designed with the intention of delivering mail).. Gamefreak likes to make gimmicky pokes sometimes. *shrug

Luvdisc is a runner up though. Seriously. Waste of coding. It really should of got that evo in 5th gen, rather than be a complete waste. Still, can say Luvdisc has some sort of hope. Luvdisc can still get an evo someday. Best ol' Farchy can hope for is maybe a new move or two.

c l e a r

Transparent Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Unown, there is no other answer.

(Still waiting for a Farfetch'd evolution)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    In terms of usability alone, Luvdisc and Unown.

But if you also consider all aspects, including looks and annoyance factor, then I submit Pikachu as my candidate for worst Pokemon. For something with stats as bad as it has, it has way too much fame. And it's one of the worst-looking Pokemon out there.

Years
    Worst Pokémon hands down is Unown.

1. It's just alphabet soup.
    2. It learns one move, Hidden Lameness.
    3. It does not evolve into capitals.
    4. Cannot breed with Ditto.
    5. Nothing interesting has ever happened with them.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I'd go with Unknown. I want to see someone try to beat a whole game with just a team of Unknown.

Worst Pokemon Ever

Base Stats:
    HP: 48
    Attack: 72
    Sp.Att: 72
    Defense: 48
    Sp.Def: 48
    Speed: 48

Booooooooooo.......you suck Unknown...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I've always knew that Sunkern was the weakest when it comes to base stat but I didn't know that Azuril was second, I've always though Magikarp was .....anyways I am going to go by stats and say that Sunkern is the worst Pokemon ever by stats.

:t354:TG

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'd go with Unknown. I want to see someone try to beat a whole game with just a team of Unknown.

You might wanna talk to mondays suck. He actually did beat Crystal with a full team of Unown. lol

Years
    Unown, definitely. Have you ever seen its stats at level 100? Absolutely pathetic.

Yeah, Unown's only purpose is to collect all 28 forms (they're easy to find in Sinnoh's Solaceon Ruins) and being only able to use Hidden Power is a no-no.

Back