• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Worst post story since Red and Blue?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    Now before I get flamed, the game is great, the story although a bit childish is great, but once I finished the game and got bored of breeding and doing multiplayer battles I clicked on that there is nothing to do once you finish the game.

You can go hunting for the stones, legendarys and items but that is about it, even Leaf Green and Fire Red had more to do post story.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a huge step backwards considering B/W and many other recent Pokemon game post storys?

Kiara

Laughing Hyena
    Years
  • I feel kind of disappointed myself. I've been spending a lot of time shiny hunting and stuff so I'm not bored yet, but there was a very big lack of actual content after the elite four/ending part.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    You also need to know that BW2 are remakes/sequels to the original, which didn't had any interesting post-game content as well. Yes, I agree that the post-game content is horrible. That is almost always corrected in their remake/sequel of the games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    Black and Whites Post game were horrible imo. I've heard X&Y's are to.

There wasn't that much to do but I liked the idea of having 3 cities still to discover and explore after you finish the game, and in BW2 I liked the tournament's fighting leaders from other regions and such.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    After playing the Looker post-game quests I can honestly say, no, this game has a pretty solid post-game. Is it as good as B2W2? No. Is it better than gen 1, or BW? Yes, definitely. The Looker quests are great and there's a fair amount of them. The story they add to the game is quite lovely, too.

Years
  • There wasn't that much to do but I liked the idea of having 3 cities still to discover and explore after you finish the game, and in BW2 I liked the tournament's fighting leaders from other regions and such.

I have not played BW2. I here that X&Y had a decent story tho.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Nah. All the games have fairly decent post games, with the exception of red and blue, where pretty much all there is to do is catch mewtwo. Johto was great because you get to go back to kanto (will never understand why they haven't done something like that again) but after that, there's not much. Hoenn was meh. Can't really remember what you can do except get rayquaza and play in that tournament thing. Sinnoh has a lot of nice new places to visit. Unova had the black/white tower which was really fun. And Kalos has the amazing friend safari, lots of mega stones to get, and a few other extras, but not much. Really though, all post games after gen 3 were fine and hard to get bored of thanks to online battles. It makes catching them all and building a multitude of diverse teams truly worth doing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    Not to be a dick or anything... but this is Pokemon you know....

Yeah I understand but I liked how in BW they managed to make the story dark yet not too dark, I love'd the story and the whole build up to the final showdown was amazing, never had that epic feeling since I first battled Blue in RB, I also love'd the fact that Plasma despite the fact that their leader was truly evil actually had a good cause to their work.

Flare just felt like Rocket again.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah I understand but I liked how in BW they managed to make the story dark yet not too dark, I love'd the story and the whole build up to the final showdown was amazing, never had that epic feeling since I first battled Blue in RB, I also love'd the fact that Plasma despite the fact that their leader was truly evil actually had a good cause to their work.

I don't get this post.

Team Plasma were much more Team Rocket than Flare. B/W's theme wasn't any darker than X/Y's. (X/Y deals with mass genocide anyway so if anything it's way darker). Besides, N is a terrible character, and B/W's story was just way too cliche and cringe worthy, not to mention it ruined the pacing of the game. I'm glad they went back to the simplicity of the old games.

Also, B/W's finale had a build up? What? It actually happened instantaneously with no warning. You were about to fight the champion, but then all of a sudden a castle pops up and hey, you're fighting the legendary now. That's no build up, that's just a stupid twist that should not have happened. X/Y actually HAD a build up and well-done one too, and it wasn't a detriment to the main game as well, because you'll at least fight the damned champion.

Back to the post-game thing. I disagree, Looker's mini story is better than anything from the previous post games, or maybe it's because I'm into detective stories anyway.

Years
  • No, Ruby/Sapphire's post-game is the worst since RB. At least this has the Looker side quest and big battle rematches in the Battle Chateau, while BW had Elite Four rematches and the Sage search. RS had nothing other than Rayquaza and the Battle Tower.

But yeah, I haven't really bothered to play much of the post-game either. Not that much to do afterward from what i've played so far.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Pretty much all of the first two games in the trio/quartets have a pretty small post-game. I'd say Diamond and Pearl had the strongest, though.

The third version/sequel will have more.

and lol childish storyline? wanting to rid the world of everything to make it beautiful again is pretty dark tbh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    Pretty much all of the first two games in the trio/quartets have a pretty small post-game. I'd say Diamond and Pearl had the strongest, though.

The third version/sequel will have more.

and lol childish storyline? wanting to rid the world of everything to make it beautiful again is pretty dark tbh.

When you put the plot like that it sounds dark but there is just something about it, I can't put my finger on that makes it not seem as dark as it should be.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    No, Ruby/Sapphire's post-game is the worst since RB. At least this has the Looker side quest and big battle rematches in the Battle Chateau, while BW had Elite Four rematches and the Sage search. RS had nothing other than Rayquaza and the Battle Tower.
    But R/S/E has the cool regi/braille thing and if you're like me and found that out on your own then it's the best post game ever.
    When you put the plot like that it sounds dark but there is just something about it, I can't put my finger on that makes it not seem as dark as it should be.
    It's the subtlety of it which makes it more appreciable. They don't straight tell you they're gonna kill everyone, unlike B/W where every single thing had to be explained in detail for some reason..

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

We're talking about a team who tried to take Pokémon all to themselves (or, rather, himself) versus a team who literally wanted to kill every single thing on the planet outside of their team. I'm not really sure how Black and White gets the props for being darker there.

Flare did feel like Rocket, I'll give you that, but I mean, so did Team Plasma and Team Galactic, and Team Magma and Team Aqua. To me, at least.

Years
  • Did someone just say the story was childish? With all due respect but Team Flare attempted genocide on Kalos- Heck on the whole world.

That doesn't seem childish to me.

..and they wanted to KILL POKÉMON! WHO DOES THAT?!

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Genocide is not childish. And look at the phone name: HOLO CASTER. Oh and Y had suicide while B2/W2 Ghetsis became depressed forever. With the exception of Johto, all of the first 2 series of a generation had little post game but then a third version comes up and fixes everything. Hell, in platinum you can finish the entire Pokedex without trade.

Back