• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Saga?

Worst Saga?

• Kanto (Original Series)

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Hoenn (Advanced Gen)

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 31 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
  • Well I like pretty much all of them, but I'd say that Johto was my least favourite...
    I just don't like Ash's team there... Noctowl, Totodile and Cyndaquill were OK, but I don't like the rest of them...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Johto was the best because of the fillers, imo. :x

Anyway, the worst would have to be DPPt, because I wasn't motivated enough to watch more than a few episodes. Why? It just didn't have the appeal other seasons had. I dunno, it's hard to explain. XD;

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Kanto was original which dismisses it partially.

Johto is probably the most boring as I'm watching it waiting for hoenn to start in less than 10 episodes I think (6:30 pm eastern weekdays on boomarang)

To me johto is just a filler between the original sieries and hoenn.

Hoenn... If hoenn were the worst then its saying the whole anime franchise sucked.

Sinnoh had Pokemon hunter J which was a nice bit of *looks both way and whispers* EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL!!!!!!!!!

Ishu (spelling?) Looks prety awesome from what Ive seen so far, But I'l need to see how much they get mutalated by the translations and junk.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Tie between Hoenn and Shinoh here but mostly the second of the two. I tried to watch some Shinoh episodes and it made my eyes bleed and made me wish I was deaf. Not to mention that I kind of found Dawn to be annoying.

RSMangaFan

Harley's Hat
    Years
  • I think Sinnoh is quite boring compared to the other sagas, especially when comparing it to the Battle Frontier season. I don't know WHY, really, just, it didn't seem as exciting and- er, humorous. I mean, it had it's moments, but overall not the best saga ever.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I enjoyed every saga, but the sheer amount of fillers Johto had made it the worst in my opinion.

Some fillers were good, but most were just plain unnecessary.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • The Isshu saga as of yet though it might get better the longer it progresses.
    Out of the 4, I'd say a tie between Johto and Kanto

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, it really has been too long since I've posted here regularly. Johto is the most hated in the PC Pokemon anime section? o_O But...I remember when it seemed most people here loved Johto and no one wanted to talk about anything new o.O I'm pleasantly surprised.

Well, anyway, I voted Johto. Fillers, as everyone knows. Misty and Brock (and Ash) had lost any little personality they had. Although, Gary vs Ash was good. I still think it would have been so cool if Indigo League had included the Silph Co. Team Rocket takeover, though. Hoenn brought May, and contests (absolutely loved the tension between Drew, Harley and May in the Hoenn contests~). Battle Frontier had few fillers, and I actually really enjoyed the battles (and contests again), even though they could've been more based on the actual Battle Frontier rules (not by battling random people hundreds of times, but by, for example, the Battle Factory having to use rental Pokemon. Seemed too similar to gym battles). Sinnoh had Paul and Chimchar and Ash improving a lot in battling, by actually remember the strategies he made up. Isshu seems to be going back to the 1st series and having actual interesting characters interactions between the main characters.

Could write more, but I'm getting close to writing a random wall of text full of just random notes o.O

Dark: Random Guy

Professional Coin Flipper
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    I haven't really watched the japanese subs of any of them yet but definately i must say Kanto is the worst dubwise. Just...so many awful edits.

Donuts become riceballs and riceballs become donuts? seriously?

i swear to god though. if they don't get rid of brock i'm going to go insane. he was annoying as hell in the crappy 4kids dubbing i sat through trying to make sense of it all. Misty felt incredibly pointless and Ash has less personality than a piece of sandpaper.

or is that the same for the other regions characters in the show? I dunno but i'm definately voting Kanto for worst region in the show. Gary Oak as said above was all that was interesting in it and even he came across as a bit of an idiot sometimes.

Johto sucked too btw but i ignored a lot of that series so i can't really comment on it.

Years
  • From my original watching, I'd vote for Ornge Islands bujt that isn't an option :/

Anyway, i've just started rewatching from the beginning so my opinion may change!

Years
  • The Orange Islands saga falls under the Original Series.

Not really, it was a different series.

Also, when I was younger I really liked the Kanto episodes but I found the Orange Islands boring. They both have different leaders and everything so they aren't really the same thing. :/

aglaya

Duchess of Heracross
    Years
  • The Orange Islands saga was awfully morose, but it can hardly be called a 'saga', and it's obviously not considered as such in the poll.

I think Johto had a bad quality, yes, but my dislike of the Hoenn and Sinnoh sagas is too ingrained and fierce for me not to vote in one of them. In this case, it's Hoenn because I had a bad first impression of it (I abhorred pretty much everything in my dismay at Misty's departure), and because it focused way too much on May and Drew, who I seriously think should just drop the 'rival' façade and make out already, ugh.

At least Sinnoh had Paul, and though I don't like the character itself, it was an interesting twist to see a cold 'mean' trainer as a rival to Ash. (I'm NOT an Ikari-shipper, mind you. I hate Dawn).

Years
  • Sinnoh for me. Although Johto also has a lot of boring episodes. But I like the team rocket episodes. :)

I think that Isshu/Unova or Kanto will be my most favourite. :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Sinnoh. For starters they had the worst openings (english wise). If im not mistaken, the pokemon openings were one of the best parts of watching pokemon. Second the voice actor switchout. It really annoyed me. Actually the voice changes started in that Mewtwo Clone Movie during in the late advance generation, or maybe it followed a bit into the Battle Frontier. I cant remember if the voice changes started then or right at the Sinnoh saga. I'll look it up later. Next, they made Ash start all over again as a 10 year old. Apparently they do this every saga. But if you noticed in the Hoenn saga, he was like a teacher to May so he wasnt completely brain dead, actually I think he acted older in Hoenn than the Johto series.

Besides, Sinnoh took forever to complete. 4 freaking years. 2006-2010 seesh!!!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't even remember watching any of the Johto saga because it was that boring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back