• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Saga?

Worst Saga?

• Kanto (Original Series)

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Hoenn (Advanced Gen)

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 31 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I sense flamewars :O

The title says it all.

What -in your opinion- was the worst saga?

In my opinion Johto was the worst. Why? Instead of writing a whole paragraph, I'll write one word: Fillerssssssss...

(No isshu since it's only just started)

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    What does the Orange Islands fall into? Cause that was the worst -___-

If thats not aloud, then Kanto. Thats right Pokecommunity. Come get me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What does the Orange Islands fall into? Cause that was the worst -___-

If thats not aloud, then Kanto. Thats right Pokecommunity. Come get me.
    It goes under original series, and Battle frontier goes under Advanced gen.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Really depends on how you define worst. I really don't feel such negativity the way you implied connotation, but right, based on the fillers and the fact my "dry" time from new episodes was during it, I'd have to say Jotho is least in quality out of the 4. Technically I'd be saying it's the worst, yes, but I really don't want to word it that way since it had its good moments.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Jhoto had a lot of fillers i do have to agree but i really dont like the original saga it was a bit dry to me i think it went up hill towards the middle of the orange island so i think the worst saga had to be kanto it was just so dry

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    It would be Jhoto for me. Reasons?
    1. Too many fillers.
    2. Not much of character development.
    3. Unimpressive gym battles.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Kanto.....at least in Johto and Orange Islands his Charizard obeyed him and he got a Snorlax......
    It had some genuinely weird episodes, like with Sabrina...the only good part out of that little story arc was when they went to Pokémon Tower. It didn't even make Giovanni's gym battle good, whereas I've heard Johto had an epic dragon battle involving Dragonites and Charizards in the story arc involving Clair's gym.

I personally liked Sinnoh better as it at least made nice gym battles. But Hoenn's my favourite. Orange Islands was meh, so I include that with Kanto because there weren't any new pokémon (Well, there was the now ritual new-gen-pokémon-appearance), but it was mainly Kanto stuff that hadn't been covered by the end of the Indigo Plateau pokémon league.

So, yeah....Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    The writers seemed to get lazy in Johto. They knew the series was popular and successful, and so seemed to churn out lots of episodes that served no real purpose. The Kanto series had a lot more humour, and the Hoenn/Sinnoh sagas seemed to have much more of a direction. Sinnoh more so than Hoenn.

Ideally, BW will take the good aspects of both Kanto and Sinnoh; the recent episodes seem like they might, but its hard to tell at the moment.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Wow why don't many people like the Johto saga? I think it's the best one.

I think the worst saga was Hoenn because I miss Misty, May is annoying, I don't like how Ash didn't use any of his previously caught pokemon (except Pikachu of course) and I don't like many of the gen3 pokemon. I don't know why, but I don't think the atmosphere of that series was as good as the other regions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I didn't like the Orange Islands,but I liked the Kanto. I am going to have to say Johto. Johto had no storyline. The only part of Johto I liked was when Team Rocket was at the Whirl islands and Lake of Rage. Kanto I liked because it was the start. Hoenn was by far my favorite season as of right now. Isshu is lible to pass it. Sinnoh was ok. It was long,but had a better storyline and rivals.

1. Isshu maybe.
    2. Hoenn
    3. Battle Frontier
    4. Sinnoh
    5. Kanto
    6. Orange Islands
    7. Johto

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Oh god, Johto. Can you say "repetitiveness", "boring", and "WTF?"
    Not to mention that the three seasons of Johto defied logic in that ALL the episodes were fillers.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I can't decide between Kanto and Jhoto, both have Misty. Than again, both series have there cons and pros, so I have to go with Jhoto a bit still it had its funny moments.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Johto...
    Only because when that series came out I expected something totally different. But nah... They showed every single character from the game except for my three favorite characters, Silver, Will and Karen. Why?

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    I've liked all of them, but the least enjoyable for me to watch was probably the Battle Frontier saga, just because of the voice changes, which I came to appreciate at the start of Diamond and Pearl. It was just because Battle Frontier was the start for the new people, so it wasn't as fun I suppose.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Here's my list of sagas from favourite to least:

1. Sinnoh
    2. Johto
    3. Kanto
    4. Orange Islands
    5. Kanto Battle Frontier
    6. Hoenn

I haven't included Isshu because I haven't watched that saga yet. But I'm looking forward to watching it when it gets dubbed into English.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back