• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst School Shooting in US History

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    .:Suki:.; said:
    That's the problem, they can't really. The gun business is very big but complicated within the governments. It's so confusing it's so weird. O_o

It's something to do with the constitution thing.

Lol, "constitution thing." Yeah, our constitution says all men are allowed to bear arms. Can the law ever be changed? Yes. And it's not as complicated as Suki may think it is. Is it hard? Absolutely. In order to change something in the Constitution, a Constitutional amendment must take place. How do you make an amendment in the Constitution? The US Congress and Senate must have a two-thirds vote majority for it to happen.

Now, do I think that is right? No. I don't think the government should take away our rights like that. Can anyone name an example where a gun killed someone? You can't, guns don't kill people. People kill people. And with the logic that guns should be taken away because people kill with them, you would have to blame things like planes. Why? Because two planes killed over 3,000 people in our country. "Oh, but the planes didn't kill anyone, it was the terrorists." Exactly. Same with guns.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Yeah, Cho released that package to NBC news after he killed the first two people in the dormitory. It contain video's threatening campus security, and not mention his obsession with blood and gore.

Wow, what a loser! He took his anger out on the US? What a psycho! I mean, seriously, if this happened too much, the whole human race would be eventually extinct.

The worst part is that people are going to model his actions; believe it or not, there are other psychos in this country that are going to see if they can do the same thing and get away with it.

By the sound of it, you would think this guy is from North Korea instead of South Korea. =/

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Wow, what a loser! He took his anger out on the US? What a psycho! I mean, seriously, if this happened too much, the whole human race would be eventually extinct.

If we quit being self-centered, and look around us to reach out and help people such as him, we could stop many of those problems in the future. You're discussing the matters of the states? This isn't a political situation, this is a mental health issue. He's not an enemy to American people.

I don't want to be someone who is judgmental and consider that man a loser. First of all, I think he was a victim of his psychological sickness. Many of the students were aware of his mental situation, but no one took it seriously. I blame the campus facility and the security officials in the university for the magnitude of the laws, because they didn't take any action since the crime occurred. I think if they took a serious action from the beginning, the lives of the students could have been spared.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    In a way, I feel bad for the guy. He was depressed and apperantly thought about suicide alot. But that definetly dosnt make what he did right...
    I too, Pity him...Maybe in his last few minutes he realized what he had done and
    suicided for that reason. If he had not killed him self the law would have most likely done he same to him after putting him through a very public trial. Most people would be hopelessly biased against the poor guy anyway because of columbine. the people of the US would want to see him fry...Even if he was proven too mentally unstable to be punished for his actions...

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Yea been everywere......
    It's on the tube now !
    But he was...
    • On Depressions
    • Had Problems(He wrote creapy stories)
    • Was just........Crazy!
    He had a few thinggs written pn his arm about the Muslim Abraham so it might have been religious tohugh he was looking for his Girlfriend!I would like to solute the 77 year old teacher eho was killed while teaching a class when he jumped in the doorway and took the shots while all his students survived ;_;

HollyWood~JD

Dude will everyone just shut up about Muslims attacking people? I am Muslim and i know for a fact that most of us don't just go around bombing places.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    There's nothing to lead anyone to believe it was a lie, so until proved otherwise, I'll believe them.

It was enough for his teachers to try and get him help (as well as trying to help him themselves). True, that doesn't mean every person who writes stories like that are problematic, but at the time, he already had done things to lead people to believe it might be signs of him needing help. I'm pretty sure this was after he was charged with stalking a few students and making suicidal comments.
    Writing really shouldn't prove anything unless he named characters after people AND it had disturbing content.

I write a *lot* of things, because I'm into the horror genre (SK <3) and I wouldn't want anyone to judge my personality based on my writing. Ugh, definitely no.

Drahc

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    come on.
    anyone can get a gun in the united states and do this.
    just a problem of getting the weapon into the building.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    come on.
    anyone can get a gun in the united states and do this.
    just a problem of getting the weapon into the building.
    That's not that hard either. Not at all. One word: backpack.

I want MUCH stricter gun laws in the US. It is honestly scary, and I won't -can't- feel as safe in my High School after last September, and now this...and all the other shootings.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    If we quit being self-centered, and look around us to reach out and help people such as him, we could stop many of those problems in the future. You're discussing the matters of the states? This isn't a political situation, this is a mental health issue. He's not an enemy to American people.

I don't want to be someone who is judgmental and consider that man a loser. First of all, I think he was a victim of his psychological sickness. Many of the students were aware of his mental situation, but no one took it seriously. I blame the campus facility and the security officials in the university for the magnitude of the laws, because they didn't take any action since the crime occurred. I think if they took a serious action from the beginning, the lives of the students could have been spared.

Are you kidding me? I don't care what depression he had; that gave him absolutely no excuse to kill 32 people. I mean, think about it. You saying: "Waaa! Let's sorry for the cold-blooded killer and not the victims." You are cold-blooded if you think that. He's a bad guy; the mental illness is still no excuse. He got what he asked for: death.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Are you kidding me? I don't care what depression he had; that gave him absolutely no excuse to kill 32 people. I mean, think about it. You saying: "Waaa! Let's sorry for the cold-blooded killer and not the victims." You are cold-blooded if you think that. He's a bad guy; the mental illness is still no excuse. He got what he asked for: death.

Where have I mentioned that we shouldn't feel sorry for the victims? I don't believe you quite understand, I tried to figure out the situation on both sides, yet you suppose that I've felt remorseful for the gunman and not the victims? Wrong. All I'm saying is that he carried a disorder, a disease. He was in the hospital last year, he had not received the proper medication, nor serious awarenesses, and because of the medical confidentiality, his psychiatrist didn't release any absolute information. Not to his parents, neither his campus facility. For that, I do not view him as someone bad. In our judgment, we have to base on what people with more knowledge about psychological problems are telling us. We have to rely on them. To do that, we must listen to the professional people. Yes, I do admit he had done a mistake for taking the lives of others, but for you to assume that his condition was no excuse is not completely correct. Any kind of incident that has occurred should give us a lesson and a critical message, and the message for this situation is to not consider that everyone around ourselves are mentally and physically perfect.

I'll say this now, pay more attention to what I say, and don't misinterpret my thoughts.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Lord Mike said:

To be blatanly honest, if anyone's being cold-blooded it's you. You are being completely insensitive to the murderer, and though I know it's a normal human response to completely disregard the feelings of a murderer, you have to understand that people with mental disabilities are different from people without them. Honestly, if we go by your words, then handicapped people have no excuse to be handicapped.

You have to realize that someone people with his kind of mental disease may be under the impression that doing what he did was okay. Humans naturally act on what they think is right, and I think that your intentions are exactly based on what you think is right as well, and I'm not saying that you shouldn't feel that what he did was wrong, but, before you go off ranting about how he was a loser, you might want to put yourself in his shoes for a few moments and see how he was feeling: Trust me, it wasn't anything along the lines of, "ZOMGWTFXORZLET'SKILLEVERYONEJUSTBECAUSEICAN."

If that is your deduction, then you are simply proving to yourself that you have no right to judge this tragedy.

Drach: Ban some guns? :/ What good would that do? Murderer's would just get other kinds of guns. Ban all guns? That's completely unconstituitional, and completely unefficient. Besides, anything can be a weapon when used properly, even a pen.

Stories: I love writing stories about gore and death, but honestly, if you know me, I'm far from a disturbing person... Well... my hyperness and utter annoying-ness may be disturbing, but that's different. You can't really judge a person on the stories they write, after all, some people are just more gifted in writing stories that disturb the mind and describe things like death and the such.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    After I heard that in High School someone said to hime "Go back to China!" after he read part of a book in English aloud to the class... There was obviously other people that got him up to breaking point. Not to mention the fact that they named the wrong country, which must have been quite insulting.

So while what he did was unforgivable, other people have blood on their hands too.

Yoshi_Master

Yoshi Pokémon
    Years
    Wow... still can't believe this happened.

I guess anything can happen these days...

You can win the lottery or fall of a building or become Bill Gates... not really.

But seriously, what has the world come to?

This is completely unacceptable. I agree, doing something to rid of guns would help a little bit but it won't solve for the problem.

Perhaps, more than a gun license should be needed?

Or ban guns from now on, ban all weapons, and create world peace.

Peace won't happen any time soon in this world. Unfortuntely...
    Very sad about this tragedy.

-Yoshi_Master

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Even with a mental problem, I'm hard-pressed to believe this man thought he was doing something righteous or even "okay." He methodically planned this out. Well, it seems like it with the video tapes and whatnot that he mailed out in-between killings. It's not like it was a spur of the moment thing--he didn't just randomly snap and start shooting. He planned this. He knew what he was going to do. Now, his morals may differ from ours since ethics aren't necessarily a worldwide thing, but I won't believe he didn't realize, at that age and in university, that killing was wrong.

Back