• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Worth playing B/W after B2/W2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Hello there! I own Black 2, and I've done pretty much everything in-game except catch 'em all. Black 2 is probably my favorite modern game in the series thus far. However, I skipped over Pokemon Black/White, and I was wondering if I should go back and give one of those games a try?

I'd especially love to hear from those who've played both games in the generation. How would you compare B/W vs B2/W2? Are they both essentially the same game, or are there enough incentives to go back and check out the first games? If you own B/W but haven't moved on to B2/W2, what's holding you back?

I'll admit I'm kinda bummed I can't catch the kami trio in Black 2 (haven't gotten a 3DS yet, so no Dream Radar for me.)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hello there! I own Black 2, and I've done pretty much everything in-game except catch 'em all. Black 2 is probably my favorite modern game in the series thus far. However, I skipped over Pokemon Black/White, and I was wondering if I should go back and give one of those games a try?

I'd especially love to hear from those who've played both games in the generation. How would you compare B/W vs B2/W2? Are they both essentially the same game, or are there enough incentives to go back and check out the first games? If you own B/W but haven't moved on to B2/W2, what's holding you back?

I'll admit I'm kinda bummed I can't catch the kami trio in Black 2 (haven't gotten a 3DS yet, so no Dream Radar for me.)

Black 2 in my opinion completely outclasses Black and White. In terms of playing through it for the story it might be worth it, otherwise don't bother. It has some pokemon you can't get in B2W2 but overall its just worse in about every way. There's almost no useful post-game content outside of the battle subway, which Black 2 has anyway. Personally I'd say just stick with Black 2, unless you're interested in seeing the story.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I personally suggest getting the first games as well as the sequels (also said story as the above user said is definitely worth it - the best storyline in all the games, imo). However, threads like this aren't allowed here, since the decision is ultimately up to you.

Check out this part of the FAQ though for a little more you might not have considered, otherwise there's nothing else we can really say. :( Sorry!
    Worth playing B/W after B2/W2?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back