• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would Pokemon be real some day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    well I always dreamed of it, it can be a both good and bad thing. good for kids to have as pets (better show and tell projects!) and bad because countries will use them for wars. (>O nooooo! not the dreaded zubat!)

but it will still be awesome, and for some reason I do hope that they will come to the real world

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Yeah just need to relax man!:) I think you need to able to dichotomize fantasy and reality more clearly. Just because something is not real, in a sense that it is not biosentient, doesn't mean it isn't real period.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    well if scientists try maybe. But none of us will be around by the time it would actually get created. Maybe with the way we've kind of screwed up the world with tonnes of chemicals etc, through evolution an animal might be formed that's similar to a pokemon. But again we'd be long gone. And it'd be nothing like the anime with different moves, though we could teach them scratch, or bite... we can do that now, except making animals fight like that is animal cruelty. So they'd have to some how be able to heal well and quickly. I seriously can imagine it happening with all the oil spills that go into the ocean and the different chemicals we use for everthing... not sure about people carrying them in pokeballs though... again, we'd be gone. This would take millions of years!

they wouldn't be called pokemon, and I doubt many 10 year olds would be aloud to just randomly start travelling around their country with the possibility of being murdered or raped etc. A lot of parents aren't into doing that to their kids.

Robots are getting pretty neat these days. Maybe one day they can just make some robotic pokemon. yay?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Yep, this is as real as Pokemon gets unless you have lucid dreams.
    You could hope we get sucked into an alternate dimension in 2012, but that's just a fantasy XD

Years
    I lol'd at the Cubone picture. With genetic mutation, I suppose it would be possible, but let's look to the more plausible choice, hologram technology.

Moar pics: https://www.somethingawful.com/d/photoshop-phriday/real-pokemon.php

The blue squirrel was cute, but most of them look creepy looking.

After seeing Weepingbell, I completely understand why Misty doesn't like bugs. (I know Weepingbell isn't a bug, but it has bug-like eyes in the picture.)

I don't blame Misty for being creeped out by Caterpie.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    lmfao at the pics

and there real... i saw a sentret once and it through a chestnut at me :(

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Actual Pokemon? In MY real life? Not likely. Perhaps something close-ish, if embryo manipulation gets off to a really, really good start. And they focus on Pokemon as an actual project. And nobody protests.

Like I said, probably not. A room full of VR pokemon world would be nice eventually, and that's pretty far-out too.

Last edited:

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    When pigs fly using telekinesis, then Pokemon will be real. (Spoink Family)
    When ballerina-like creatures create alternate dimmensions, then Pokemon will be real. (Kirlia)
    When giant butterflies and bees roam the earth, then Pokemon will be real. (Too many families to list)
    When abandoned dolls suddenly come back to life and try to kill their abandoners, then Pokemon will be real. (Banette)
    When cute balloon-birds start to drag children to Hell, then Pokemon will be real. (Drifloon)
    When giant mushrooms take over the minds of crab-like insects, then Pokemon will be real. (Parasect)
    When balls spontenously combust, and be able to speak on their own, then Pokemon will be real. (Voltorb Family)
    When cute puffballs sing lullabies that is equivalent to exposure to hallucinogenic drugs, then Pokemon will be real. (Too many families to list)

As far as I'm concerned, the only real Pokemon there ever will be are mechanical ones like Magnemite, because they are simply artificial, and easy to make.

Last edited:

dancingonlandmines

Hanging on a moment with you.
    Years
    Pokemon will never be real.
    Holograms? Probably not that far off in the future.
    However, I would love something that looks like a pikachu to snuggle. If they did make freaky little mutations to look like pokemon they probably would only LOOK like pokemon. The world has no use for electric mice and monkeys with fire coming out of their butts.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I always want pokemon to be real since i was 5... i wish it was :(

Its just a video game....

But maybe in the future sience will find a way :)

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    To be honest, we all wish that they could be real, but....

Probably not. I think the closest we are ever going to get to that would be realistic video games. That's least in the nest 5,000 years.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    When I first read the thread title, I wasn't sure if the OP was even being serious.
    Can Pokemon be real? Well, depends on how you define a Pokemon. A Pokemon is fictitiously created by someone who had the idea of incorporating aspects regarding animals, biology, elements, technology, etc. So if you think of it this way, an electric eel is "partial" to what a Pokemon is, but on the other hand you likely can't expect to train it through a battling system. I would go as far as believing that making pokeball technology possible, but there are instinctive aspects of animals that'd lead me to believe that we can't have real-life Pokemon in the truest sense. I't be absolutely boss though to find a robin in my backyard, convince it to be my friend, and go on an everlasting journey with it.

Bleh, kinda wrote a bit much for a simple question...

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    Unfortunately it's just not possible, even with mutation. The thing about mutation is it doesn't cause evolution unless it gives an advantage. The only advantageous pokemon-like characteristics are actually based off of real animals, so it's something of a backward argument.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    For now, we should just call that "Blood Gun."

Yeah, that would be awesome, but as Eon-Rider said, very slim chance of it happening. It could happen, but it may happen to close to the world ending, as in, when the sun explodes billions of years from now.

*cough*It would implode not explode*cough*

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I can't imagine Pokemon being real. Giving animals the ability to launch electricity, ice, fire, etc. would be quite dangerous - not to mention the real world has many people that would use them for nefarious purposes (myself included).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back