• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you consider it cheating/wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    to use pokesav to import pokemon from my R/B/Y and G/S/C games to my platinum. Cause i have some killer pokemon on my red, gold, and crystal that i would love to import to platinum. I don't think its a big deal but i just want other people opinions on it.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    As long as you recreate them PERFECTLY, I say no-problem. It's just Nintendo's fault that GBC games can't link with the DS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    yeah i intend to copy stats/movesets/levels and everything over perfectly. Like i have a 100 Starmie on my red file and i would love to own in platinum with it haha :D

Years
  • You do realize that the data structure in the Gen III/Gen IV games is very different from the Gen I/Gen II games? The Gen III games changed the way EVs worked, the values of IVs, added natures, abilities, and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Also, because of the way EVs worked in Gen I/II, it would be the equivalent of having Pokemon with 252 EVs in every stat if their stat experience (Gen I/II EVs) in each stat were maxed out, so those Pokemon would be considered very hacked.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • The Long Way

It's just Nintendo's fault that GBC games can't link with the DS.

thats true.....but on crystal version there is the time machine, where you can trade from the Colors to it, then you can trade from crystal to the newers colors, then link the new colors to the ds......but that would require time and effort....alot of time and effort

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Many people, including the ones on this site, would consider that hacking and using them in battles would be prohibited. Otherwise, if you're planning on using them ingame, it's fine.

Years
  • thats true.....but on crystal version there is the time machine, where you can trade from the Colors to it, then you can trade from crystal to the newers colors, then link the new colors to the ds......but that would require time and effort....alot of time and effort

no you cant.lol

on topic,if its for in game,who currz?

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • It's kind of depressing that Nintendo didn't link the new games to the old games. ;_;

Also, IIRC, in the oldest ones, RB at least, there is no Special split. Meaning, the special attack and special defence are just "Special".

I, personally, wouldn't really care if I was battling a guy who did what you're saying. I don't see anything wrong with it, because I generally don't care too much about cheaters or whatever. Not a lot of people share my viewpoint, though...hahah.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • Many people, including the ones on this site, would consider that hacking and using them in battles would be prohibited. Otherwise, if you're planning on using them ingame, it's fine.

even if it were "Hacking" people would be jealous because they can't do what other people can, so whether it is or isn't i believe he is using what is available to him to get what he wants.

no you cant.lol

on topic,if its for in game,who currz?

have you ever owned crystal version...if you haven't, then how would you would or would not know if you can or not......i have crystal...i have done it, so don't tell what i can and can not do, just because you haven't done it doesn't mean its impossible.

Last edited:

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • have you ever owned crystal version...if you haven't, then how would you would or would not know if you can or not......i have crystal...i have done it, so don't tell what i can and can not do, just because you have done it doesn't mean its impossible.

Pics or you're lying. It's impossible to trade between the GBA games and Crystal- period.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • Pics or you're lying. It's impossible to trade between the GBA games and Crystal- period.

have you ever tried? just answer the question honestly and don't try and change the subject by saying "why would i need to have tried or not, i know its impossible"

Edit:oh and i didn't say that you trade between all the gba games from crystal, just leaf green and fire red

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I have tried, it is false. Happy now?

It would be cheating kinda, but I personally do not care. Even if I did have to battle you, as long as it has legitimate IV's and EV's, as well as moves, I am fine.

Years
  • You do realize that the data structure in the Gen III/Gen IV games is very different from the Gen I/Gen II games? The Gen III games changed the way EVs worked, the values of IVs, added natures, abilities, and a whole bunch of other good stuff.

This is why. The Pokemon data in the GB games is so different than the Pokemon data in the GBA games, that it is nearly impossible.

Also, I'm pretty sure it says that they are incompatible in the instruction booklet in the beginning somewhere.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • fine....if no one will believe me, i wont be apart of this argument any longer....i still know i'm right, anyone else who tells me otherwise can go smoke a fat one.

Years
  • You could just retrain them from scratch. :)
    Game mechanics are completely different nowadays, so I'd do that if I were you.

*close*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back