• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you, for a $1.Billion...

Would you spend a year in space for a billion dollars.

• Yes

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    no I have nothing else productive to say :(

Congrats, this is the Poll of the Week!

*sticky thread!*

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Only if I can bring stuff to entertain me, like internet, TV, and my DS. And stuff to read. And there better be internet access. Otherwise it would be very boring and people on PC and Facebook would think I fell off the face of the earth.

But if I can get the entertainment options, it sure beats working and not getting a fraction of that cash :) And not seeing my family would be a HUGE plus for me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I'd do it without a second thought. I would be losing a year of education, but with all the money I'll have, I can comfortably attend college without having to worry about finances getting in the way and worry about work onto of existing school work. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have the top-of-the-line technological devices either, and perhaps a Ferrari. ;]

Years
    I think it was around the night this thread was created, but I had a dream that I actually was in space. Something about me chasing around my dad who took away my laptop for some reason. In any case, I wanted the laptop back because I was desperate to contact my friends or just do something with it. The feeling of despair and loneliness in the vast emptiness of space within the confines of lifeless chrome metal made it one of the worst and more memorable dreams I've had in a while.

To cut to the point, no, I don't think I could do it. That's 365 days without any human contact at all. I never ever thought I would be the kind of person to say this, but I would miss my friends and family too much to be without them for so long. As much as I like entertainment and clearing my backlog, I enjoy talking and ranting to other people about it just as much if not more. Monetary value can't make up for that.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Nope. I'd rather stay in touch with all the people I love and care about. That's not worth a billion to me. :(

plus think of all the things that could go wrong! with my luck the world will explode while i'm in space and then everyone i know... gone :(

Years
    Yes, I would. I would not give up the chance to go into SPACE and see the world from up there; it would just be so amazing to see. If I had entertainment, then I wouldn't get bored too much I don't think, I am a very independent person so I think I would be alright, but you can never know for certain.​

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    One word: NEVER!
    If I get sucked into a black hole, my brain will have a volcano forever erupting.
    I'm too young to go to space and even when I get old enough; I will never do that for a billion dollars. I'm gonna find my own way to get a trillion million [insert currency here] I don't care if it's for a trillion blah whatever. Who would want to spend a year in a place with little oxygen?

Back