• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you, for a $1.Billion...

Would you spend a year in space for a billion dollars.

• Yes

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    It is a definite no for me. I am more of overwhelmed by the sum of money; I don't even know what to do with it when I get back home, as I would have get used to the standard of living in space by then. Who knows, I may even continue staying in there. It's a scary possibility which I don't really want since I'd rather stay happy with family and friends.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heck yeah.

Well it maybe sound like a terrifying experience for some people, but others dream of it - plus with a bonus of $1 Billion. xD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Hmm sure. I'd be making over $2 million a day. I'd like to visit outer space but I'm not going into that field soooo this would be my only chance. I'll find something to kill the time. As for the space food... D:

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    If you change the $ to £ then yes I'd do it.
    I don't actually have any friends and I only have 5 people in my family. So its not as if I'd miss all my "best buds" seeing as how I have none haha
    Plus I spend all day and night in my room and live a really pathetic life, so being alone in space for a year would be nothing to me!
    Also knowing that I'd get £1 billion at the end would be great!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yeah... yeah I think I would. So long as it was guaranteed that I'd have enough entertainment (DVDs, books, games, whatever) to last me the year and the guarantee that I wouldn't be on camera or anything, I think I could manage. :P

But unless I had entertainment, I don't think I could manage to do it without going absolutely nuts. @_@;

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes.
    But only if I get to pilot a giant robot while fighting space pirates.

I wouldn't mind going to space for a year.
    Wait, would I be part of a crew?

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Yes. If I could have all the media and games imaginable. Like I want to be able to read 3 books a day, play 8 games, and then take a 2 hour bath (lolno)

Years
    I guess so since it's only a year. I'd need my laptop and games though to keep me entertained :3

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Hard leaving as I have just had a baby but with how tight money is for me right now I would as it would make life so much easier. I mean a year of worry about money, family where we going to live, or going to space for a year with guarenteed security at the end of it. I would take the year away easily.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Yup. Even without the entertainment or the seeing people from back home. The opportunity to go into space AND get $1 billion to do so... I'd be first in line for whoever was handing out tickets to THAT!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Is this just one year? Or one year of traveling at near-lightspeed so that it's actually longer on Earth than in space?

Sorry. Sorry. I'm going through my science fiction books.

I'd do it. It's only a year, and I can make it through a year without seeing anyone. Besides, with the money, I can help make everyone else's lives better, and all I have to do is spend a year in space with plenty of time to read, write, and watch vids.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Hell-freaking-YES. I'd miss the SO terribly but if we'd still want to be together after my year's absence, then we're pretty much set. Everyone else, eh, they'll be there.

There's no way you'd be alone up there, assuming this hypothetical choice means that anyone can take it. Technical knowledge and all

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    What happens if my ship is damaged?!!! Will no one come to repair it? And if they do then I'd be like "Hey you.... out there fixing my ship thingy, join me inside for some food... or a Coke... please.... I need someone to talk to me.... HALP!!!!!". XD

It depends on a few things... do I have games to play? Can I get my daily dose of anime? Will they send me games when they come out, or new episodes of anime when it airs? Do I have internet? Do I have to eat the same space food for a year? Can I at least play games online (you said no contact with family or friends, how about random unknown people? XD)?
    I guess I could get by with singleplayer games to play (maybe a year in space I'll be able to finish games like Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon Black, KH 358/2 Days, KH Birth by Sleep, FFVII Crisis Core, Tales of Vesperia, FFXIII, and my two biggest back logged games Tales of the Abyss... and Pokemon Diamond) as long as they send me new ones when they come out. And if they send me anime when it airs then I guess I can make it.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Yeah, I would. I'm not greedy, but a billion dollars would sort out my life and the lives of those around. I'd also donated some of it to charity, and the thought of spending a year in space is intriguing. :3

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think I'd definitely do it. If I were provided with some sort of entertainment to do for 365 days. If that was taken care of, it'd be a long year to go through but even the experience itself would be amazing.

Then you come back to Earth with an amazing life story (or start to!) and a billion dollars. Not a bad life.

Years
    As long as I had books, television, and video games, I wouldn't pass it up.

In fact, I probably wouldn't keep more than $50 million for me and my family (who seriously needs a billion dollars?) All I know is that there would be a lot of happy charities out there!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I would send a year in space for nothing! You only live once so might as well make the most of it, and imo going in space is the most surreal thing anyone could ever do in their lives. Going beyond the Earth is amazing and I'm not one too interested in that sort of stuff either. But honestly I don't see why the hell anyone would NOT want to spend a year in space FOR money.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nope. Unless I need to go into space to save my life - aka earth is exploding, or something, then I have no interest in space. I'm perfectly fine here. :3 Only incentive would be money, which... there isn't that much of an incentive to me anyway. Plus I wouldn't be able to survive alone for all that time. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Space does not interest me a whole lot, but one billion dollars will certainly ignite it. So, of course I would live in space for a year. I will only need food and a television. That's it.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well, that depends. If I'm just sitting in a little dark capsule doing absolutely nothing, no.

If I'm like one of the first people on mars, or setting up a moon base, or doing something else historic... I'd do it even if I didn't get the money... maybe. I might wanna wait til I'm out of college and stuff though. ;)

Back