• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you trade your pokemon?

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    So guys if you were pokemon trainers, would you trade your pokemon with other trainers?

Personally I probably wouldn't, because I would get too attached to my beloved pokes. Maybe I would trade my pokemon if I wouldn't use them so much - like a trainer can only have a maximum of 6 pkmn with him and so he's not able to use all of his pkmn all the time. But then again I would probably change the pkmn I carry with me all the time, so I would be attached to all my pokes. So I guess I wouldn't trade.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I would have a deal with someone. For example:

I trade my recently caught Gastly for his/her Geodude. We both evolve it and trade them back so I have my Gengar and he/she has his/her Golem.

Then do the same for all the ones that evolve by trading.

If it's not for evolution, probably I wouldn't, unless someone offers me a Shiny Magikarp for my Charmeleon...(A Shiny Umbreon would be cool as well)

Years
    Well if I had to catch as many pokemon as I could (if they were needed by any prof. for research and things like that) I would trade them, because I wouldn't be attached to them if I wouldn't use them. But I would never trade a pokemon I would befriend with just because I like a pokemon another trainer has or his or her's pokemon is rare.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Meh, only if it's a pokémon I wasn't attached to and hadn't spent any time on. I mean, I dislike trading pokémon even in the games (only do it with fresh catches or eggs and only trade for untrained ones, except for evolutions xP). It's my work, you know? My sweat and tears that trained that little Caterpie from a wimpy level two to a high-level Butterfree! Everyone else ought to keep their grubby paws to themselves! xP I'd imagine that this sentiment would be even more true if pokémon were for real. I mean, would you faithfully train and raise a pet only to pawn it off to some random stranger? I think not. So yeah, I'm largely against trade in anything but eggs and freshly caught ones. Besides, training the pokémon through trial and error is the only way to get a proper fix on what it can and can't do, strengths and limitations. It's a lot harder to learn with one that has been trained by someone else.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Most likely not. If I did it would be for untrained, freshly caught ones. I only trade in the games to complete my poke-dex. Normally I just catch a pokemon myself, but sometimes you have to trade to obtain one.

So, no. I wouldn't trade my pokemon.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Heck no, especially not if I was really attached to them..
    ><; I couldn't trade my Pokemon...

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I would if it was one of those Pokemon that sit around in the box all day. D8

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    If someone had a Pokemon I liked better, then maybe. :x I would tend to collect my favorites, so it wouldn't make sense to trade them away. If I was looking for sheer power or a certain element, then yeah, I'd probably trade them. If this is like a "real-life" situation, then I think I'd become too attached to my Pokemon to trade any of them (unless they were evil and attacked me or something, lil' buggers <<).

~Kelsey

Zishi

yOu thInK yOu KnOw Me!
    Years
    I would`nt trade them because every pokemon is cute and are good if we train them!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nopes, if they are my favourites, if they aren't, I wouldn't care what happened if they got traded.

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    Meh, only if it's a pokémon I wasn't attached to and hadn't spent any time on. I mean, I dislike trading pokémon even in the games (only do it with fresh catches or eggs and only trade for untrained ones, except for evolutions xP). It's my work, you know? My sweat and tears that trained that little Caterpie from a wimpy level two to a high-level Butterfree! Everyone else ought to keep their grubby paws to themselves! xP I'd imagine that this sentiment would be even more true if pokémon were for real. I mean, would you faithfully train and raise a pet only to pawn it off to some random stranger? I think not. So yeah, I'm largely against trade in anything but eggs and freshly caught ones. Besides, training the pokémon through trial and error is the only way to get a proper fix on what it can and can't do, strengths and limitations. It's a lot harder to learn with one that has been trained by someone else.

Well said I couldn't agree with you more^-^

Vendour

Water & Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Heck no I wouldnt trade my Pokemon. I'd love mine way too much to trade it for another. I dont think Ill be trading box Pokemon all that much either, since I hardly/never catch any Pokemon after I have my top 6. Once I have my 6, Im set, and dont care for catching a Pokemon just to let it sit in the PC. "Catch 'em all" nothing- they're not toys. :\

Last edited:

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    There are only two ways that I would trade:

*Evolution purposes, like how you get my favorite Pokemon, Gengar. Of course, if I were trading for this, I'd make sure that the person I was trading with would give it back right away.

*Trading a disliked Pokemon for something more likeable. I think that pretty much explains itself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2007
    i might, but that is only because i would catch extra just for that reason, i would never trade one i really liked or caught to be part of my team.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    I would only trade it if it were a new Pokemon (from wild) and i wasn't attached to it. I might not even trade it for evolution. I get attached to Pokemon easily. For example my Absol. At first it was only a Pokemon (for about a day) then it was my best friend. Pokemon FTW!

Years
    Assuming that in a real pokemon world you wouldn't have version exclusive pokemon, I imagine you wouldn't have to, except for evolution purposes, and thats's the only situation I'd trade in.

Back