• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if...?

Dymin

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    I was just thinking, wouldn't it be an awesome idea if you could actually customize the way your character looked in-game? Like clothing, eyes, hair, accessories and different types of backpacks.I wanted to know what other kinds of ideas did other people have for the handheld Pokemon games.

EDIT: I meant for the handheld versions. I have loads more ideas lol, but I don't know if they're good. They're just ideas. If you want to hear them tell me :)

Last edited:

Marauding Master

Interdimensional.
    Years
    It would be a good idea. You could have a better and larger trainer card spanning both screens portraying yourself which others online could also see.

7rial 0F Doom

DelicateTorture of the SoOoUuL
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    No, I don't want to sign into Wi-Fi battling 29,000,000,000 look-alikes on and off again hearing: "DUDE, you're a damn noob! get your own costume GOSH! such a small freakin' world on Wi-Fi. After all the complaints on the look alikes, then Poketards(fans) are going to hate that you can customize your own, but the trainer card-custimization would be nice.

Years
    I would like it myself. Just adds a bit of individuality I suppose. Though I'm more interested in letting my Pokemon and successes be my identity instead of a costume. But yeah, I would like it. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    That would be a good idea, they could even be working on it now with a new Pokemon game.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    It is a good idea, hints why PBR is like that. But I guess you meant for the DS games, and yes, that'd be a good idea too.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Meh, a simple one with a few pre-made bits and pieces (as opposed to just using the ready-made sprites from the game) and the ability to adjust the colors would be good enough for me (Since I'm far too much of a klutz at art to make my own anyway). But yeah, it's hardly a make or break thing for me, pretty much on par with more freedom on the battle phrases and whatnot on my list. More room to customize is always fun as long as it's not overly difficult. :3

Dymin

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    I've never played PBR, mainly because I haven't got the Wii.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    yes, I'm so tired of playing as damn white people in the games. When was the last time you've seen a minoroty in any Pokemon games? Tch...

xD Yeah, being able to play as someone outside of the same character as everyone else. It kinda gets old after a while O_O

Gah, especially in D/P, the male caharacter in that looks all small, and scrawny. I wish i could somehow customize the character into looking slightly more metal T_T

xD and yeah..I was joking about the skin color thing, but if you think about it..it is kinda true O_O

Dymin

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    yes, I'm so tired of playing as damn white people in the games. When was the last time you've seen a minoroty in any Pokemon games? Tch...

xD Yeah, being able to play as someone outside of the same character as everyone else. It kinda gets old after a while O_O

Gah, especially in D/P, the male caharacter in that looks all small, and scrawny. I wish i could somehow customize the character into looking slightly more metal T_T

xD and yeah..I was joking about the skin color thing, but if you think about it..it is kinda true O_O

It is true, about the skin colour though. I've never seen any other different skinned characters...except for Brock. I don't really recall any other characters like him.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Gee Toki, I hope when you say "damn white people" I hope you mean just the ones in the game and not in real life. Since I am white, I take offense of that comment. We don't want racism here, so please tone it down a tad.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I would have loved it if you could import your PBR customized trainer into your game, it would have been teh cools.
    Alas, the man only lets us have our Lucas and Dawn...

Back