• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wow I cant belive my eyes!

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    OMG I just saw the first team rocket encounter on youtube and It was awesome! (took forever to find it though! I always have trouble finding this sort of stuff)

Youtube link no longer works

anyways... Its better than even the first episode with team rocket! well I'f your not too nastalgic anyways.

I think that if that's how its going to start behaving then pokemon might just hit a spike upwards in progress.

Does anyone know when its going to be made in English? I think the games I heard are coming this spring but what about the cartoon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I still think it's to early to tell what exactly will flow with Team Rocket, but that's an educated guess that if they keep constant the attitude they presented in the first episode, there'll be a nice spike of popularity so hard, you won't be able to find its derivative. </mathjoke>

Also, the linear rate of the show suggests January 8th, but because the movie isn't close to out yet, it's better worth expecting it for later February.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
    Well if you watched Best Wishes episode 1 and 2 you probably would have seen that already.

The show will probably be shown in English around January-February.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Most awesome TR appearance ever! At first the new uniform annoyed me.. But if that means they're more kick-ass now, that's cool with me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    You don't expect Team Rocket to keep this up, do you? Those three are known for their extreme villain decay, so I hate to be the cynic in the room, but their bad-ass quality will not last the month.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    This is even better with the "troll" subtitles.

On a serious note Team Rocket will peak in the first couple of episodes whilst Satoshi's Pokes all kinda suck.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    sorry for the personb who mensioned seeing the episodes 1 and 2, but

a. i cant find them, even in japaneese.

b. I probably shouldnt spoil it for myself 100%, just a sample till the real english deal is good for me.

c. banana cream pie.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
    sorry for the personb who mensioned seeing the episodes 1 and 2, but

a. i cant find them, even in japaneese.

b. I probably shouldnt spoil it for myself 100%, just a sample till the real english deal is good for me.

c. banana cream pie.

a. Youtube (I can give u the links if u want)
    b. I didn't want to either but I estimated how much time the show would come in english and I couldn't wait that long so I just watched it.
    c. ....

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    When did Pikachu become so weak? Losing to a newly-caught Pokemon is such a disgrace.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    When did Pikachu become so weak? Losing to a newly-caught Pokemon is such a disgrace.

Eh? You mean koromori? Maybe that Zekroam did more permanent damage than first thought. Anyway Isshu pokemon ar alot stronger in-game than Kanto pokemon. At least imo.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Eh? You mean koromori? Maybe that Zekroam did more permanent damage than first thought. Anyway Isshu pokemon ar alot stronger in-game than Kanto pokemon. At least imo.
    Wait a sec, Pikachu did not battle Koromori. It was Mamepato. I really don't know which Pokemon XFakerX is talking about. :/
    Pikachu lost to Tsutaja which was Shooti's first Pokemon.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Because, Ash relies too much on Pikachu's electric attacks. Considering Pikachu is an electric type, it would make sense since its own type gets stab when it uses those moves, but he relies far too much on Thunderbolt and Volt Tackle, you'd think that after all the times Pikachu has been without electricity he'd learn something.
    :/ obviously not
    Sure Iron Tail is strong but, its not that effective against Tsutarja anyway, but if he worked at it a bit more, he might've stood some sort of chance.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Ahh, I wanted to see the new "improved" TR for myself but the video has been taken down.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    TR seems to be more skilled and serious now. I'm glad that they improved them. It makes it a bit more of a challenge for Satoshi/Ash.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Wait a sec, Pikachu did not battle Koromori. It was Mamepato. I really don't know which Pokemon XFakerX is talking about. :/
    Pikachu lost to Tsutaja which was Shooti's first Pokemon.

Yeah, but after Mijumaru freed Pikachu and Kibago, Jessie ordered Koromori to use something like Air Cutter. Pikachu and Kibago got hit and were in the red. Then before Koromori can finish them off, Mijumaru stepped in to help them. IMO even if levels don't exist in the anime, the fact that Pikachu has more training experience than any of these newly caught Isshu pokemon should have made it able to withstand Koromori's attack.

Meowth also could not withstand Mamepato's whirlwind and Koromori had to be called in. I know Meowth hasn't got alot of battling experience, but that was really weak. (in the anime Whirlwind is an attack right?) It seems as though Kanto pokemon are no match for Isshu pokemon. Is it because Isshu pokemon have better stats?

As for the battle with Tsutaja that was an unfair match since Pikachu could not use it's electric attacks and it took both Ash and Pikachu by surprise. I wanted to smack Shooti in the face coz he was so smug about winning a handicapped Pikachu.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Yeah, but after Mijumaru freed Pikachu and Kibago, Jessie ordered Koromori to use something like Air Cutter. Pikachu and Kibago got hit and were in the red. Then before Koromori can finish them off, Mijumaru stepped in to help them. IMO even if levels don't exist in the anime, the fact that Pikachu has more training experience than any of these newly caught Isshu pokemon should have made it able to withstand Koromori's attack.

Ahh, I see. I didn't notice the latter part of that. /Should pay more attention. XD;
    Well, if that is the case, as far as I remember, Ash used his Pikachu to battle Mamepato, so that must have have weakened the both of them. Mamepato did give out a tough fight. Also they did not visit the Pokemon Center as well. That might be the reason why the both of them lost to Koromori.

Meowth also could not withstand Mamepato's whirlwind and Koromori had to be called in. I know Meowth hasn't got alot of battling experience, but that was really weak. (in the anime Whirlwind is an attack right?) It seems as though Kanto pokemon are no match for Isshu pokemon. Is it because Isshu pokemon have better stats?
    That was whirlwind? I thought it was gust. I can't understand Japanese anyways. /silly
    I don't think that Pokemon of Isshu have better stats. Meowth wasn't really defeated tby Mamepato, he just backed off.

As for the battle with Tsutaja that was an unfair match since Pikachu could not use it's electric attacks and it took both Ash and Pikachu by surprise. I wanted to smack Shooti in the face coz he was so smug about winning a handicapped Pikachu.
    I agree with you on that. But would electric type moves be really effective against grass types?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    mervyn797 said:
    I agree with you on that. But would electric type moves be really effective against grass types?

Electric-type moves are resisted by Grass-type Pokémon last I checked so it wouldn't have made much of a difference in that sense. Pikachu's power would've increased the damage they would've done though.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Electric-type moves are resisted by Grass-type Pokémon last I checked so it wouldn't have made much of a difference in that sense. Pikachu's power would've increased the damage they would've done though.
    I know that. I was just trying to be a little sarcastic... ^^; Failed I guess..
    Tsutaja would have beaten Pikachu anyway... /Favours Tsutaja :P

Only is I knew what was being said..
    With humour no longer with the Rocket Trio, I don't like them anymore. I wish the old Team Rocket comes back.. ;_;

Back