• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Wow! Raikou!

KaeL

Nooblet
Years
  • Hmm, well. I suggest using your masterball. If u dont have it, u need a trapinich or a poke with Mean Look. Anways, get it so i cant flee, lower its health down and parasleep it, then chuck balls. If u kill it, reset your game, because he wont appear again. Use your Pokedex to track it, but it changes routes when you do, so pay attition.

Years
  • The best way to go is to level up a diglet because he can't flee from a diglet because of arena trap, and eletric moves dont effect diglett so he most likely won't get killed, then just lower its HP and chuck ultra balls.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Diglett/Dugtrio will still be vulnerable to Raikou's Stomp attack. Both of them have pretty low base defense stats (Diglett 25, Dugtrio 50), so unless you have a major level advantage, they'll be taking a good amount of damage.

And like KaeL said, Master Ball is best for these kind of Pokemon. If you already wasted it on a Pokemon that just stands there...then tough.

DarkRaikou

The Annoying Error 404 :P
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    hehehehe... Raikou is worth a wow, but if it aint dark then... XD

Anyway, use nice little Pok?Dex to track the nice Raikou, use Ghastly's Mean Look, then get a Pokemon that knows Sleep Powder. Whittle down it's HP, then use Ultra Balls. Or, to skip the hassle, use your Master Ball if you haven't already used it. Also, DON'T use your Master Ball on Deoxys, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo etc. 'cos they dont decide to run off :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Master Ball, or Wobbuffet/Sceptile. If you choose the latter, use Wobbuffet first, then switch out to a False Swipe Sceptile. It should have the speed advantage, and won't knock it out because of False Swipe. When it's down to 1 HP, switch Sceptile out for a Pokemon that can alter status, then throw Ultra Balls until its captured.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • You can track the bugger with the PokeDex, so that's always useful, though it's not perfect.

And like everyone has said, get it locked it with Mean Look and then wittle down the HP.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    You should probably through your masterball at it so you don't have to chase him around.
    all other legendaries you can save in front of,so you have unlimited chaces.
    So i recommend you use the masterball on him.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    Well,meanlook would be the way to go,except for the fact that all the legendary dogs come equiped with Roar.So thats pretty much useless.The other way to go if you don't want to waste you masterball is use sleeppowder,the falseswpe and the chuck Ultraballs at whichever dog you encounter.The HP stays the same even if it flees,so you only have to do this once.

Shigeru

Your Owner ;)
    Years
  • Too bad there's no Trapinch in G/S/C. Anyway, here's help (if you want it) to catch him. Some good ways to find it are to use repels when searching, try searching in the routes 33, 42, 44. Also, if your on diffrent routes then it then keep going in and out of a town until hopefully it goes on the route near you. Then when you finally meet it, use wrap and then switch a Pokemon and do a sleep enducing attack. Then use weak attacks and "Sleep" around every three-four hits, just incase it wakes up on the next turn. Eventually, you should be able to catch it. You could also use the Master Ball but that's up to you. ;)

BeameR

Lover
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 17, 2006
    use ur master ball everyone else can be caught w/ ultra balls

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    yeah i have a raikou hes pretty cool...use a masterball...have a golbat...or use a wobbefet

mew42003

Lulz
    Years
  • Entei

TeNk said:
    I was walking aimlessly around route 5 and after a meowth, a raikou appeared! As soon as i threw a ultraball at it, it fled... Can anyone tell me how to catch a raikou and how to encounter it again?
    I caught Entei with Master ball :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lg:

Back