• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

Years
    Registeel at full health with a Pokeball, I just wanted to get rid of "excess stock", but lol. Transferred that to Diamond so I keep it as proof :D

Humph...

Ice-Dragon DESTROYER
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    In emerald i once found a shiny zubat, i caught it. Then, the shiny aron appeared... it used roar... Later I evolved my zubat into a crobat and my cousin offered me a zangoose for it
    i had sapphire and emerald but not ruby, so i was really excited(i was little...) and i agreed... the next month my sister got ruby... how foolish i was...(and my cousin still owns that crobat and offered it to my sister!)

Lolfish

One step below magikarp :D
    Years
    In Emerald I had a zangoose and sableye that I never stopped using, lv.100 and lv.93. One of meh friends and I were battling each other in a battle, then boom. He 'accidently' turned off his Gameboy.
    So I turn the power back on, and then my game is all corrupted. There is no previous data. Thats my WTF moment. I miss Chaos (Zangoose) and Steve (Sableye) I'm working on a new Emerald currently and I already have meh Steve back (Sort of).

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    my bro caught mewtwo using a masterball form a friend and he traded it to the friend and the friend lost the game! WTF?

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    I discovered that my dead Zapdos was Shiny after looking up sprites on Pokemon Elite 2000. I saw the shiny Zapdos and was like 'WTF, My one looked like that!'.
    I'd been hunting everywhere for shiny's and it turned out I had one. I was pretty annoyed.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    EPIC FAIL: In Pokémon Sapphire all my Pokémon got Pokérus and because i didn't know what Pokérus was I erased my game because I thought they were going to die. Now I feel stupid everytime I remember that.

EDIT: I also killed Kyogre on that file.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    After searching for 9 hours for a feebas, I finally gave up and let my cousin play. She tells me that she had fished and she had found a tan fish and then proceeded to kill it.

Sadly, that was A WEEK after finding it and so, the tiles had resisted. That's my WTF moment.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2012
    I caught Kyogre on Emerald for just an Ice Beam (which froze him) and a pokeball (in one try.) .........

And took me 1 hour catching Groudon using ultra balls... (With a lot of resets)

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    When I started Ruby I got to the saving Prof. Birch from a Poochyena, and then it was shiny. It was a battle where you have no pokeballs.

And I was playing Sapphire when I found a shiny Tentacool. I thought the game was messed up so I turned it off. *sigh*

Years
    Pokemon Leafgreen:

I try to capture a Magmar. I succeed, and i continue playing. When I lose in a battle, I turn it off without realizing I saved it. So I go back to try to capture Magmar again. Threw every great ball, Ultra ball, and almost all my timer balls until I finally capture the nearly fainted and paralyzed magmar. Then... I forget to save my game again....

3 times I accidentally killed it or ran away, and 3 times I felt like screaming WTF until a day later I capture the magmar.

I remember about 5 times I played Pokemon Crystal of coming across shiny pokemon, since I remembered hearing that shiny sound when they appeared. But back then I didn't think much of it and just fought to defeat them when training my pokemon.

Then I realized how rare they were after reading about them online. Thanks to karma, I never came across another Shiny in Crystal version again....

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Usualy the only thing i try to do when it comes to evs is not give the oppisite attack style evs, i could care less about the other stats. but when it comes to attk or sp attk i try to focus on just one.

Years
    I've had plenty of WTF moments in the Battle Frontier, but one from this morning easily takes the cake:

It was the Battle Tower, battle #6 in the third round, and my team was, in this order: Jolteon, Pelipper, Typhlosion. Jolteon easily murdered his first two pokes (forgot what they were) without taking a hit, and his third was a Chansey. I figured "okay, I'll just use Thunderbolt to get its health down a bit, then let Jolt get KO'ed and switch into Typhlosion, who knows toxic." Well, my very first Thunderbolt managed to paralyze the big pink wall, and it immediately used Double Team. I tried another bolt but it continued to Double Team, with the occasional Shadow Ball (which did 2 damage, lol). After most of my Thunderbolts were used up, it hit me with a Seismic Toss, and so I used my own Double Team to try to wear out its PP. Eventually it killed me with Toss so I switched into Pelipper, hoping that Fly would be able to hit. Thanks to Fly, I managed to use up its PP on Toss, but it killed me...somehow, with Struggle. Finally I switched into Typhlosion. Long story short, none of my attacks hit, and we eventually both were at full Evasion and attempting to Struggle each other; both pokemon had Leftovers and so it just turned into a never-ending battle.

I eventually forfeited...

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    I was using my DSL to play emerald and i let my cousin play. at that point i was at the point of capturing rayquaza. i went away for 20 sec, and when i came back my cousin said she caught the"really long string monster". but then when i checked it, it was captured by my masterball. :C

Years
    I started again on my sapphire because my team really did suck and as I got my torchic from Prof Birch, i went into battle with the poochyena and what happened? Sparkley Yellow Poochyena appeared.

Back