• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen WTFalkner

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Eh, I agree and disagree.

True Falkner is terrible.

But, Pidgey was one of the first bird Pokemon.
    It's just a classic.

Years
  • The only thing I have noticed with gym leaders (including Falkner) is that all of them are weaker in the remake compared to Gen2. This is really noticeable (for me at least) on Whitney.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • if you look at morty's gengar since ghost is now special instead of physical like it used to be shadow ball wrecks ppl
    i ve heard people get their team swept by it

same thing with the focus punching polywhirl, he doesn't care about the sleep clause sleep everything in your party

look pokemon was never meant to be hard
    but people seem to over train ALOT ive heard people saying they got to level 17 b4 the first gym, then they complain about it saying its too weak
    at least they have strategies now, U-turning into walls, sub punching, roost on falkners pokemon.
    but they crippled falkner along time ago by giving ppl mareep so early in the game

also nosepass sucked, he was weak to every starter (if you evolved torchic)

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • If you notice, he vaguely references his pokemon being flying-types, but he specifically calls them bird pokemon. These are his dad's pokemon. I'm wondering why his dad collects crappy bird pokemon and gives them to his son, thus causing him to look like a horrifically loltastic noob? Something tells me Falkner's dad is the kind of guy who'd beat his son over the head with a fan for addressing the problem of trying to defend their honor with pidgeys.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Don't forget that it's the first gym. Most people would get creamed otherwise.

He likes the Pidgey line, and in the anime he is awesome with his Pidgeot.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Hey, its the first gym, so its supposed to be easy ;P

Although, they could of made it a bit more challenging..
    ...my chikorita got raped by pidgeottos u-turn though -.-

Back