• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wulvaine's showcase

Wulvaine

Hacker In Training
Years
  • Okay, I now have four scratch sprites, all Fakemon, so I can start my showcase thread officially now. :P

This first one is the one I previously posted, my concept for a Steel-type evolution of Eevee called Bladeon. It's decent, but not fantastic. It's shaded pretty well, but not perfectly on the ears.

View attachment 40505

Next up, we have an Orb, which is a sort of egg for my four machine Fakemon, all Steel-type. (All my sprites so far are Steel-types... Weird)

View attachment 40506

And then we have Nanorite, the first form of my Machine Pokemon line... I'm not happy with this sprite, and it's the worst of the four... But it's a first form, so whatever.

View attachment 40507

And finally, there's Deusomega, the final evolution of Nanorite. (I haven't made sprites yet for the middle evolution, Replisphere, or the alternate final, Gyrokinos) Deusomega has one fist and one laser-cannony kind of thing, and it's my favorite of the sprites I've done so far.

View attachment 40508

So those are my first sprites ever. I'm almost scared to hear how bad they are, but I'm putting my work out there and I hope I'll get better.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Well, hello there. Bladeon looks...strange. I like the orb, it looks pretty...Non-Pokemon-ish, but It's good. Now, for Nanorite, It looks pretty good, a bit weird, but good. Oh, Deusomega looks very nice. Well, BOL!

Wulvaine

Hacker In Training
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback, TB! Yeah, Bladeon's sprite didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to.

The Orb is kind of supposed to look a little alien, because the machine line's origin in the story I'm working on for my romhack kind of vaguely hints that their origin might not be earthly.

Nanorite's 'normal' evolution line doesn't include Deusomega; Deusomega is essentially a legendary since it's an item evolution and I plan on only putting one evolution item for it in.

Glad you like them! I think I may actually get to be pretty good at spriting if I work on it.

Wulvaine

Hacker In Training
    Years
  • Haha, no, not based on the Death Star. But I can see how it might kind of look that way.

Back