• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
  • Does anyone else hope that the'll make less legendaries. i mean there are 13 legendaries in genV. That is a little too much if you ask me. 3 or 4 legendaries are enough IMO

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does anyone else hope that the'll make less legendaries. i mean there are 13 legendaries in genV. That is a little too much if you ask me. 3 or 4 legendaries are enough IMO

We're pretty much going to get at least 5. The two Mascots and the "Trio" for this region. There are bound to be at least 2 download only Legends so that'll bring it to 7. I say our minimum is at least 7 with us getting as many as 15 possible for add on including a possible third legend.

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    We're pretty much going to get at least 5. The two Mascots and the "Trio" for this region. There are bound to be at least 2 download only Legends so that'll bring it to 7. I say our minimum is at least 7 with us getting as many as 15 possible for add on including a possible third legend.
    Legendaries are starting to become less and less legendary as the generations come if they keep this pace up with adding more and more legendaries into the game.

I really hope they don't bloat the game with legendaries :/

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Legendaries are starting to become less and less legendary as the generations come if they keep this pace up with adding more and more legendaries into the game.

I really hope they don't bloat the game with legendaries :/

You seem to have confused the word legendary with something else. The legends all pretty much have large legend based off of them. They've never been that much better than normal Pokemon as there are a few that are outclassed by regular Pokemon.

Increasing the number of legends doesn't derail their legendary status. There are thousands of legends in the real world, that doesn't make them any less legendary when you hear more than 10 in a day.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Found an image of the bottom screen during battle which has circular buttons rather than squared, I prefer the new look tbh.

35heas4.png

Speaking of battles, I've always wished that the games allowed trainers to switch to another control scheme which assigned different commands corresponding to the four arrows of the Control Pad to them. For example, 'Fight' could use 'Up,' 'Bag' could use 'Left,' 'Run' could use 'Down,' and 'Pokémon' could use 'Right.'

She's Shauna, one of the friendly rivals who lives in the starting town. So she's not a Gym Leader, and it's not known yet what Pokemon she's interested in. It's just known that she wants to journey to find her dream.

…and what are the other rivals named in English again? I forgot…

And I like the style of the new buttons. They look fun and I like that the color choices make it really easy to see which button is for what.

I agree; those buttons are perfect for the Pokémon franchise!

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
    Years
  • You seem to have confused the word legendary with something else. The legends all pretty much have large legend based off of them. They've never been that much better than normal Pokemon as there are a few that are outclassed by regular Pokemon.

Increasing the number of legends doesn't derail their legendary status. There are thousands of legends in the real world, that doesn't make them any less legendary when you hear more than 10 in a day.

I agree, having more legendaries doesn't make the first few any less so. Legends in the real world are born all the time. Perhaps you could think of them more as celebrity Pokémon? Everyone wants to be their friend. Besides, as the franchise grows, more legendaries will be created, so you will get more and more anyway. They can't stop making legendaries.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    There are thousands of legends in the real world, that doesn't make them any less legendary when you hear more than 10 in a day.
    Exactly. And you'll forgive me for applying the real world to Pokemon, but there are legends about the same thing all over the world from different cultures. I'd imagine that it would be the same in the Pokemon world, where each region develops far enough from the others to have its own legends and history, but close enough to share some as well. Based on this idea, I'm not surprised by the amount of legendaries introduced each generation.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • We're pretty much going to get at least 5. The two Mascots and the "Trio" for this region. There are bound to be at least 2 download only Legends so that'll bring it to 7. I say our minimum is at least 7 with us getting as many as 15 possible for add on including a possible third legend.

I could live with 7 as long as they have a good story

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm hoping for them to range from 8 (mascot trio, secondary trio, and two events) to 12 (mascot quadtrio if they do W and Z for sequels/third and forth versions, secondary trio, duo and three events)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Guys i think i just cracked the case on hexcalibur. What if this guy

WyODS.jpg

was a legendary knight searching for this powerful sword pokemon, which could be a legendary?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014

Probably more like 15...

I really do not like legendaries. The ones that are attached to the story, great, let's have those. But I do not like the ones that a) you can't even catch in the game, b) have no relevance, and c) are really just a waste of space in the pokedex because they are useless...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was just thinking, considering the Kalos region is focused so much on beauty. Do you think Feebas and Milotic will appear in the Kalos regional pokedex?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Out of interest, how many pokemon did game freak reveal (officially, not counting leaks) before the 5th gen games were released in Japan?

It might give us some idea how many new pokemon we'll get in the 6th gen games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back