• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Questions:

1) How often do the clothing selections in the boutiques rotate? Is it every week, every month, or something else entirely? I'm starting a new game in Y soon and I'd like to replicate my outfit in X as soon as possible.

2) Is there anything in the game (similar to the big globes in 4th and 5th gen) that map out the locations of players you've battled/traded with?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Im new to breeding.

The pokemon with the nature I want gets the everstone and the pokemon with the IV I want gets the specific power item from battle maison?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has a friend safari with Milotic or Feebas? Apparently it is found in the safari but I've also seen that its currently unavailable. Just wondering if anybody has seen one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    What's a fast way to get Pokemon affection to five hearts the fastest?

Keep feeding it those pokemon puffs. Also pet your pokemon on places until its face looks its happiest. Keep petting that spot and hearts will eventually appear. Once you get a music note then you go play some games, feed puffs, pet until music notes, repeat.

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
  • Keep feeding it those pokemon puffs. Also pet your pokemon on places until its face looks its happiest. Keep petting that spot and hearts will eventually appear. Once you get a music note then you go play some games, feed puffs, pet until music notes, repeat.

Thank you, do you know what Pokerus is?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Is egg hatching more time consuming for anyone else? I feel like the bike travels so much more slower than in Unova... And egg hatching takes so much longer. (Yes I do have a FLAME BODY pokemon leading my team.

Thank you, do you know what Pokerus is?

Yes I do

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • Is egg hatching more time consuming for anyone else? I feel like the bike travels so much more slower than in Unova... And egg hatching takes so much longer. (Yes I do have a FLAME BODY pokemon leading my team.
    yeah i just started hatching today to get an Eevee and I thought the same thing. I had a magmar. then on the 6th egg,out popped out a Shiny and btw the way whats the easisest way to get an Umbreon in X is it just affection up? and I know night time as well

Scratch that, I'll get a Sylveon instead

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    new pokemon player here, i just caught a nincada. I looked at the evolution chart for it and i want to get Ninjask, but i'm confused on the how, " if the player has a spare slot in the party and an extra pokeball a shedninja will appear in the player's party when Nincada evolves. An extra pokeball is not necessary to obtain Shedinja in Generation III.
    can somone explain this further and is it still relevant in pokemon x and y?

You always needed both a spare slot (only carry 5 Pokemon on you when training a Nincada) and an extra Pokeball. It had to be a Pokeball specifically. I don't remember them actually using the Pokeball, but I do remember that if you did not have a Pokeball you wouldn't get Shedinja. That's the only way to get it and has been that way since Gen 3.

Does anyone have any idea how to get that discount coupon that the woman in Boutique Couture talks about? I want those cute clothes, but I don't want to pay that not-cute price!

You can use the Bargain O Power. I think level one lowers by like 25% and Level 3 lowers things by half or something. They do work on the boutiques as I was able to shop in the Lumoise one and all the clothes were like 40k instead of the 80k.

Questions:

1) How often do the clothing selections in the boutiques rotate? Is it every week, every month, or something else entirely? I'm starting a new game in Y soon and I'd like to replicate my outfit in X as soon as possible.

2) Is there anything in the game (similar to the big globes in 4th and 5th gen) that map out the locations of players you've battled/traded with?

1) Every day as far as I've seen. Some will rotate a few clothes daily, some rotate all their clothes daily.

2) Not that I've seen. I don't think there is anything other than your PSS acquaintance list/the PC to tell where people are from.

Where can I find Venipede, I know it's on Route 6 but I can't find it anywhere.

Everyonce in a while, the bushes that line Route 6's center will shake. When they do, if you get close enough a Venepede will attack you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I used the search button with no luck but which RT. do you use to get to the pokemon village?

You need to go through the winding forest which is in snowbelle city (follow the south path from the pokemon center all the way into the Winding Woods (route 30). From there go South, West, North West, South West, South, South again, and there is a light to an entrance.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • You need to go through the winding forest which is in snowbelle city (follow the south path from the pokemon center all the way into the Winding Woods (route 30). From there go South, West, North West, South West, South, South again, and there is a light to an entrance.

Thank you very much, I know I've been there already but couldn't remember how I got there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I don't understand what the hype is for Ditto having 31 IV's in a stat. Can someone explain? Does this help the egg have a 31 IV stat? Also how do you check the exact IVs other than online clients?

Years
  • So I've been trying for a while now to evolve my Sliggoo. It doesn't ever rain on Route 8,10,14, or 18, even though it has before. I did some research only and it said that it'll rain after using Sweet Scent a bunch, so I used a total of 60 Sweet Scents on 3 different routes and its still not raining. Is there any other way?

I also heard that you can do it by setting your clock to Monday morning, but I'd prefer not to do that.

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    I'm not sure if this was discussed before or not. Do item removing/barring abilities (i.e. pickpocket) affect the mega evolution? So regardless if it has or hasn't already mega evolved, since a Pokemon doesn't hold the item anymore.. it reverts back to it's original form?

Hidden Ability Weavile, anyone?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So I've been trying for a while now to evolve my Sliggoo. It doesn't ever rain on Route 8,10,14, or 18, even though it has before. I did some research only and it said that it'll rain after using Sweet Scent a bunch, so I used a total of 60 Sweet Scents on 3 different routes and its still not raining. Is there any other way?

I also heard that you can do it by setting your clock to Monday morning, but I'd prefer not to do that.

Unfortunately, changing the setting of your clock is the only easiest way, as far as I'm concerned. Change the time of your clock to Monday at about 12:30pm, and there should be rain on Route 14 (it may rain on other routes as well, but I'm not exactly sure). Train your Sliggo there for a few minutes, and once it evolves, you may change your clock back to the way it was. :)

Does anyone know if Mega Evo's have shiny versions?

Yes, megas do have shiny forms. I've seen an in-game picture once that contained shiny Mega Gengar, whose color was completely white. I can't seem to find the link to the screenshot right now, but if I do, then I'll make sure to show it to you!

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    where's the move tutor?
    my map says hes in laverre city, but i'm having trouble finding him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back