• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • how do you evolve goomy? does it require a specific condition?

Based on what I read on Serebii, Goomy evolves at Level 40 into Sliggoo. No specific conditions there, but to evolve Sliggoo into Goodra I read that it's at Level 50 that it evolves at, and under rainy conditions as well.

My Fletchling evolved at level 17.

That is the level it actually does evolve at, according to its info on Serebii.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    What purpose does the pokemon amie screen have? I've been placing seats and pokepuffs down and other players pokemon appear on the top part of the screen.

What's it actually doing though? It occasionally says my friends gave me a gift....are they actually giving me a gift or is it automated?

The gifts are automated. The better puff you put down the better rarer the gifts you receive.

All the gifts are Amie-only though, so if you don't like using Amie/decorating the screen then it's really not that important.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't exist anymore.

Since you can use the Super Training to get EVs in a much more precise, easier way, the Macho Brace seems kind of pointless.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
    Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't exist anymore.

Since you can use the Super Training to get EVs in a much more precise, easier way, the Macho Brace seems kind of pointless.

That makes sense..... It *Self-censored-out-of-rage*ing sucks, but I can live....

Now if only I could find a Gen 6 IV calculator....

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    Which version?

so, im planing to get me copy next month, after i'll get my 2DS in the next 2 weeks, and i dont know which version to buy.

what do you say?

and does it worth it to get both versions?

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • With factors like Wonder Trading and such in the mix, it's not worth it to get both- unless you have about eighty dollars to spare.
    I'd say just do your research about version differences and then make a decision yourself. I got Y personally, but that was based on the version exclusive pokemon that I liked better.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    How would the game work if you, say, got a physical X copy and a digital Y copy?

How would that work with friend codes, events et al

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    If its location in my bag is any indication then I picked it up sometime before entering Dendemille Town and dealing with the Frost Cavern.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    route 15
    There's a ruin with punks in it. Says I'm not properly dressed to meet their boss. Where can I buy dress to look like them?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
  • Will I be able to get any mega evolution item? Or, for example, if I pick Charmander, will I ONLY be able to get Charizardnite X, and will never be able to get Blastoisenite and Venasaurite?

I haven't picked my second starter yet and I'm thinking this MIGHT influence my decision.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • route 15
    There's a ruin with punks in it. Says I'm not properly dressed to meet their boss. Where can I buy dress to look like them?

I'm wondering the same thing. I want to use a Rotom (never used one before and I want an electric-type for my last team member :p) and I heard it's past this guy. As an alternative, I might use Magnezone again but actually raise it properly this time around. Soooo, has it been discovered where you evolve Magneton yet? :)

Will I be able to get any mega evolution item? Or, for example, if I pick Charmander, will I ONLY be able to get Charizardnite X, and will never be able to get Blastoisenite and Venasaurite?

I haven't picked my second starter yet and I'm thinking this MIGHT influence my decision.

Apparently you can buy the other mega stones after beating the Champion. I've heard it from multiple sources so I assume it's true. Otherwise, it doesn't matter too much as the mega stones are tradable so you could always try that. :)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Will I be able to get any mega evolution item? Or, for example, if I pick Charmander, will I ONLY be able to get Charizardnite X, and will never be able to get Blastoisenite and Venasaurite?

I have read that you can get the others post-game.

You might want to wait for another poster to confirm this though, I am not 100%.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Hope you can solve this doubt. I'm Ev training my Aerodactly using super training and i've given several point to the speed stat (i think around 150). How am i supposed to know when i get to 252? do i risk spending useless points or it just blocks leveling the stat when it gets to 252?

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Yes you can get the alternative Mega Stones for the Generation I Starters at the Stone Emporium in Lumiose after you beat the League. The clerk's stock changes each day and not every one of them will be present. Every third day there will be either Charizardite, Blastoisite or Ivysaurite.

Also, there are differences in price.

Charizardite is 100,000
    Ivysaurite is 300,000
    Blastoisite is 500,000

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back