• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Are there any Item Maniacs in Kalos? Like the Gentleman in Icirrus and the Maid in Unova Route 5.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    I caught Yveltal, Mewtwo, and Zygarde with Ultra Balls without the catch rate, I used maybe 30 to 40 ultraballs on both Mewtwo and Zygarde though, and now I still have a masterball to look at.
    I also found a Zapdos that fled before you can even see a fight screen...

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Xerneas was horribly easy to catch like Reshiram and Zekrom. I threw a standard Pokeball and caught it in one try.
    Zygarde was easy, I threw a quick ball as soon as the battle started and caught it.
    Mewtwo was hard... I reset the game quite a bit as it kept spamming Recover :P

Years
  • So I'm now post-game, and I heard that there is a Pokeradar available. Does anyone know how to get it? I read that Sycamore gives it to you, but he doesn't want to at the moment.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    So I'm now post-game, and I heard that there is a Pokeradar available. Does anyone know how to get it? I read that Sycamore gives it to you, but he doesn't want to at the moment.

Yeah, he doesn't give you it. Go to the second floor of Sycamore's lab and there is a researcher who will give you it. I don't remember if you have to beat your rival first in that post-game city, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Are there any Item Maniacs in Kalos? Like the Gentleman in Icirrus and the Maid in Unova Route 5.

There is an item maniac, sort of, but she will not buy anything from you. Instead, she'll give you items (TMs, to be specific). She wears dark clothes, and can be found at the Pokémon Center of Anister City every day. Each day you visit her, she'll be giving you a different TM. If you already have the TM that she's planning to give you, then you'll be required to leave and come back at a different time. d: So far, I've been able to get about three TMs from her—which are all pretty useful, in my opinion.

Reactions: Sun

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Eww; It's not challenging using the Masterball at all. I dread using it. I used Ultra Balls too; The catchrate seems to be lowered for Mewtwo, though it keeps spamming recover and I keep killing him a few times.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Towards the end of Victory Road, there should be a small area outside. If you travel across the top left corner of this area, you'll be able to run into a rock pillar. Use Rock Smash here, and you'll instantly find a Garchompite laying ahead of you. When you visit this location, by the way, make sure that it's dark outside. If you come here out in the daylight, then the chances of you finding a Garchompite would be highly unlikely. d:

It's only there at 8 - 9 PM your real life time.

ok so i still cant figure out how to get umbreon, i have all meters full in amie, I've been raising this eevee since lvl 21, its now at lvl 30. its night time, and still no evaluation. what gives?

I am sure it is a different thing.
    You need to raise happiness, not the one in the Pokemon-Amie.
    There are some whom can tell you how happy the Pokemon are, but I forgot where they are for the instance.

Years
  • I caught it after using 3 Ultra balls - please don't waste a Master Ball on it. :P

I assume you can catch it with 1 Quick Ball if you keep restarting as well.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    If you talk to a hiker on the east side of Shalour City, he'll ask for the Intriguing Stone and give you a Sun Stone in return.

Ahh, luckily I found this post, I've been needing to evolve my Helioptile for quite a while (my party is in the level 40s so poor Helioptile keeps dying D:).

Does anyone know if this is the only time you can get the stone in the game?

BLK

Trainer From The Holon Region
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    Does any know how to get the Strange Souvenir

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There is an item maniac, sort of, but she will not buy anything from you. Instead, she'll give you items (TMs, to be specific). She wears dark clothes, and can be found at the Pokémon Center of Anister City every day. Each day you visit her, she'll be giving you a different TM. If you already have the TM that she's planning to give you, then you'll be required to leave and come back at a different time. d: So far, I've been able to get about three TMs from her—which are all pretty useful, in my opinion.

In other words, the places that I can only sell items like Big Nugget, Big Pearl, are the standard shops, right? Sigh... Was expecting to get easy money. :(

doraemonz

Beyond 9 ~*
    Years
  • Anyone know where to find shinx?
    As far as I know, Luxrio can be found in the electric type friend farms and just breed one
    for a shinx.

Does any know how to get the Strange Souvenir

You can get it after talking to the hiker on the 2nd floor of the hotels for 4 days. I think it can
    be any hotel? correct me if im wrong xD

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    what are the pokemon that can only be found in x vs only in y?

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
  • Do the evolution stones (leaf, dusk, etc) in the Stone Emporium change?

If so are all evolution stones available at some point?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Should I replace aerial ace on my swanna with brave bird?

Swanna: Aerial Ace, Feather Dance, Surf, Roost

It looks like a good move but I'm not sure about the recoil damage. Is it worth it? I want Swanna to get a better physical flying move, is Brave bird the only option?

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • Is it possible to use a pokemon with Shadow Tag for hunting down the Kanto Bird or is it necesserary to hunt them 10 times so you can battle it in the Sea Spirit's Den?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back