• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Should I replace aerial ace on my swanna with brave bird?

Swanna: Aerial Ace, Feather Dance, Surf, Roost

It looks like a good move but I'm not sure about the recoil damage. Is it worth it? I want Swanna to get a better physical flying move, is Brave bird the only option?

Brave Bird is a strong move, the price you have to pay is obviously the recoil damage, but it's still very powerful. Aerial Ace is a brilliant flying type move, maybe not the most powerful but it never misses. It's upto you really, but you can get TM40 which contains Aerial Ace in Connecting Cave. TMs in this generation can be used infinite times.

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
  • Kanto starters question

Hi all! Really enjoying PokeMon X so far as I've only managed to play is today!! I know that we get one Kanto starter and I have a question. I have Charmeleon and Ivysaur on my Black cartridge so if I can breed a Charmander and Bulbasaur will I be able to transfer them over to X when the bank is launched?? So then I can take Squirtle and have all 3 starters?!?!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hi all! Really enjoying PokeMon X so far as I've only managed to play is today!! I know that we get one Kanto starter and I have a question. I have Charmeleon and Ivysaur on my Black cartridge so if I can breed a Charmander and Bulbasaur will I be able to transfer them over to X when the bank is launched?? So then I can take Squirtle and have all 3 starters?!?!

Yeah, once Pokémon Bank is available you will be able to transfer any Pokémon from Black/White to Pokémon X & Y. However it doesn't start until 27th December so there's a little bit of a wait.

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
  • Yeah, once Pokémon Bank is available you will be able to transfer any Pokémon from Black/White to Pokémon X & Y. However it doesn't start until 27th December so there's a little bit of a wait.

Ah such a long wait! Can't believe that but I will definitely be playing by then so thats no problem!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2016
    Has anyone found the Lumiose City Boutique discount coupon that the lady in there mentions?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Brave Bird is a strong move, the price you have to pay is obviously the recoil damage, but it's still very powerful. Aerial Ace is a brilliant flying type move, maybe not the most powerful but it never misses. It's upto you really, but you can get TM40 which contains Aerial Ace in Connecting Cave. TMs in this generation can be used infinite times.

Thanks, decided to give brave bird a test run and I'll go back to aerial ace if I don't like it.

Are there any hold items that can reduce recoil damage?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022

so, i've been saving my TMs for no reason? :|

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • I haven't been here since X and Y came out to avoid spoilers. So i'm sorry if this has been asked before.

When i send out blaziken, he shakes a little and it says "Blaziken feels a little uneasy" or "Blaziken is a little out of it"

What does this mean? And what can i do about it?

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • I haven't been here since X and Y came out to avoid spoilers. So i'm sorry if this has been asked before.

When i send out blaziken, he shakes a little and it says "Blaziken feels a little uneasy" or "Blaziken is a little out of it"

What does this mean? And what can i do about it?
    These messages have to do with Pokemon Amie. The more you do within Pokemon Amie with your selected pokemon, the "better" the messages will get, for example you will say "I know you can do it" or it states "Blaziken looks to you and nods understandingly". These are just tidbits of flavor for the game and don't impact the game mechanics negatively.
    However, when the pokemon Amie stuff is very high, it can impact the game positively. I experienced that my Greninja instantly snapped out of paralyze because of it.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • These messages have to do with Pokemon Amie. The more you do within Pokemon Amie with your selected pokemon, the "better" the messages will get, for example you will say "I know you can do it" or it states "Blaziken looks to you and nods understandingly". These are just tidbits of flavor for the game and don't impact the game mechanics negatively.
    However, when the pokemon Amie stuff is very high, it can impact the game positively. I experienced that my Greninja instantly snapped out of paralyze because of it.

What!? snapped out of paralyze? I knew pokemon amie would impact the game, but i thought your pokemon would just land an extra critical hit every once and awhile. I will defenately use amie more now

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Is there a move tutor in this game who can give you moves the Pokemon would not normally get, for example how in previous games Jolteon could be tutored Signal Beam?

KJ

Focus!
    Years
  • can someone help me with where the lady that tells you if your pokemon is happy is at? i cant for the life of me remember

Essentia

error
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2015
    can someone help me with where the lady that tells you if your pokemon is happy is at? i cant for the life of me remember

I haven't encountered such a character, but if it helps there's a girl in one of the houses of Shalour City that will hand you a Soothe Bell, which helps make your Pokémon friendlier.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Is there anything like audino was in the fifth gen to help level up?

You can find wild Audino at Route 6 hiding in the shaking bushes, and at Friend Safari too. Although the Exp. Share is a great newish feature which will help train your team in no time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    No word on where Moo Moo Milk (or any other cheap potion alternative) is available in the game?

Years
  • I'm torn between three pokemon... Please help me choose.

Should I choose, Greninja, Blaziken or Lucario? Which will serve me best. I'm a guy who likes to get things done quickly. And where is the shopping centre? I need TMs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If my Malamar with Contrary uses Superpower, will it increase it's attack and defence instead of lowering them?

About moo moo milk. I got one as a prize in the lottery ID game in Lumiose City. Also there's a hex girl selling them in Dendemille town near the poke centre.

Does Skrelp really evolve at level 47? My Skrelp is that level now and it still hasn't evolved. It knows camoflauge too....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    X & Y on 3DS or 2DS

Im thinking of getting the new pokemon game although I don't have a 3ds or a 2ds console
    The 2ds console is cheaper but does it take anything away from the experience?
    Which do you prefer and are both consoles equally viable?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back