• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
Years
  • I believe it scales in both forms. You'll almost always being finishing battles while in Sword form, so wouldn't your Attack and Sp. Attack be way ahead of your defenses? Mine is pretty balanced in both regards, so if you want to calculate the growth for the other form, I'd just switch the values.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that it simply switches the values over. Increasing your attack and special attack means that, once Aegislash returns to its shield form, it'll have the massive bonuses it gained to attack once levelling up switched over to its defenses.

EVs however... I would now strongly suggest an Aegislash tailored to defense and speed. In Shield Form you'll have the opportunity to set up with Swords Dance and then wreck havoc once in Sword Form. That's a little off topic though.

Years
  • The judger said my Houndour's potential is above average overall. He said that It's greatest potential lies in its HP and it's speed stat is good.
    My houndour is level 1, male, naughty natured, atk 6, def 5, sp atk 6, sp def 5, speed 6.
    Should i EV train it's health and speed?
    I am confused >.<

Years
  • The judger said my Houndour's potential is above average overall. He said that It's greatest potential lies in its HP and it's speed stat is good.
    My houndour is level 1, male, naughty natured, atk 6, def 5, sp atk 6, sp def 5, speed 6.
    Should i EV train it's health and speed?
    I am confused >.<

When you talk to the guy he has to say something like, "It's attack is its best stat, although its defense is good too. Stats like those just can't be beat. If he says the stats like those can't be beat line that means that they are max IV stats. Does that help at all?

Years
  • When you talk to the guy he has to say something like, "It's attack is its best stat, although its defense is good too. Stats like those just can't be beat. If he says the stats like those can't be beat line that means that they are max IV stats. Does that help at all?

Yeah, i got that, but i don't know what stats to work on for EV training.

Years
  • I've seen a bunch of rumors and such so I'm just looking for a straight answer...

Is it currently possible to get pokemon that are only encountered by fishing (clauncher, skrelp, starmie, cloyster, etc) with their hidden ability? By breeding, friend safari...anything?

Years
  • Yeah, i got that, but i don't know what stats to work on for EV training.

Are you wanting to battle competitively? If so I would head over to smogon.com They are pretty intense but have a lot of good information and you don't have to do everything they say.

Also you may want to get more IV's up to the max, to do that you need to breed here is a really good and simple breeding guide from nugget bridge.

Hope that helps!

Years
  • Are you wanting to battle competitively? If so I would head over to smogon.com They are pretty intense but have a lot of good information and you don't have to do everything they say.

Also you may want to get more IV's up to the max, to do that you need to breed here is a really good and simple breeding guide from nugget bridge.

Hope that helps!

I'll go check those out, thanks!

Years
  • I've seen a bunch of rumors and such so I'm just looking for a straight answer...

Is it currently possible to get pokemon that are only encountered by fishing (clauncher, skrelp, starmie, cloyster, etc) with their hidden ability? By breeding, friend safari...anything?

the pokemon you mentione'd aren't in the safari, I cant post URL yet but if you put into google friend safari pokemon x y and go onto serebii, they have the water pokemon that are available at the bottom of the page, hope this helps.

Im afraid I can't help on the breeding part, but Im sure someone will have an answer for you :)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Honestly I have no idea. I will say if you are planning to restart though it would be very kind to trade your Mega Stones and whatever Legendary you have before deleting your save file. Unless of course you're trading them to your own second copy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not quite sure, since I haven't done it before. d: My guess is that if you restart your game, your profile would be restored back to its original state. Either that, or your profile might be completely erased, and you may be required to go through the whole registration process all over again. Sounds like quite a hassle to me, haha. Are you absolutely sure that you want to restart?

Also, as iAzire said, you should give all of your belongings to someone (well, at least just the valuable ones) before deleting your save data. It wouldn't be a wise choice to lose them. If you don't want to give them away completely, then you should send them over to one of your friends for only safekeeping. When you're ready, you could get them back.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's based on your 3DS so basically It's will overwrite your old one I think :/

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • When you record battle videos, they should be saved onto your SD card. If you want to upload them to YouTube, then transferring the videos from your card would be the best way. Just plug the SD card to your computer, select your favorite videos, and drag them to your deaktop. d: Before you upload them, though, make sure to convert them to the correct format. Or else, you'll be getting an error message. The only formats that YouTube support is, I believe, avi, mov, mpg/mpeg, and mp4. Good luck!

They don't appear to be on my SD card, the only thing I can find are my photos?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back