• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X/Y Set Speculation and Discussion

Years
  • Okay, so since we've got an official post from TPCI on the set and a few of the cards, I figured I'd start a thread for discussing what we think is going in and what we want to see going into the set. Oh, and posting what has been revealed as it gets revealed.

Newspost: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-trading-card-game/xy_series/xy1/

So basically, we have 4 EXs confirmed. Anyone looking forward to any one in particular?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • If there are going to be 6 EX cards total, I'm guessing that Charizard EX will be one of them and the other will be Mewtwo EX. It also said two new Mega Evolution Pokémon, so I'm guessing Mewtwo X and Y? Mewtwo was the first mega Pokémon that was revealed so it seems like it would go in the initial XY TCG set.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • The two mega evolutions and EX were revealed today on the Japanese Pokèmon website.
    Here's an image of both of them :
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I imagine there is going to be a Garchomp mega, since this has just been revealed recently.

The Ex looks pretty bad, but maybe the mega will be worth it?

Though im most excited about the items
    Evolution Soda

Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn.
    Stage 1 pokemon evolution are searchable more easily with evolution soda. Being able to skyla or dowsing machine for an evolution soda instead of Ultraball seems pretty great. Could be a great 1 of or 2 of in a deck since its an item card that acts similar to elms training supporter card that doesn't take up a supporter slot for the turn. Though hopefully it does not replace rare candy.

Muscle Band:
    Each of the attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to does 20 more damage to the Active Pokémon
    Basically acts as a dark claw for every pokemon. Not nearly as strong as silver bangle, but Exs are also able to equip this for more damage and not just on other Exs.

Years
  • I think the Garchomp mega will probably be first released as a promo instead of in a set.

Evolution Soda looks amazing, however. I can see it being a major game-changer to help evolution decks be competitive. I just hope they release it in English sooner rather than later.

Muscle Band will probably be nice to have in the first set, but I'd much rather have the Evolution Soda first.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    idk its basically a pokeball that gets evolutions only. You could replace an ultraball with evolutionary soda. But it requires you have the pokemon on the bench already. So its cheaper on the resources but more situational. Since it does count as evolving and you have to both wait a turn after playing the pokemon as well as wait a turn after evolving it to get to its 2nd step. Its basically the same as a level ball in most cases if used on the middle form. Its nice dont get me wrong. But i think you are seeing it as better than it actually is. Once stuff like level ball and heavy ball are cycled out, then hell this card will be amazing, but until then its just a cheaper version of ultra ball that isn't quite as good.

While muscle band on the other hand is a damage boost for all pokemon. Making the playing field a little more even vs dark decks.

Years
  • https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/XY_(TCG)

So we have 10 cards confirmed in English for XY: Venusaur EX, M Venusaur EX, Chesnaught, Delphox, Blastoise EX, M Blastoise EX, Greninja, Yvetal EX, Xerneas EX, and Professor Sycamore. Which of these cards are you most excited about? Least excited about? What do you hope joins them in the first set? There's still at least 136 more slots to fill!

Back