• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I've already speculated on 2. Interestingly I've heard next month we'll have another Nintendo Direct (we usually get one near the beginning of the year though so don't look too into it). As for 5, well I wonder about that too, also irc wasn't Unova founded 2500 years prior to BW? I'm assuming here's where the link to Kalos comes in.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Has there been any debunking or anything about Plus and Minus? I gotta say, it sounded pretty cool.

Technically no, but nothing came out of them, so I doubt it was real. Sure it could still be one wii u but the NX makes me doubt that. If anything if it is still somehow real, it probably got moved to whatever the NX is. Especially since they hinted that it's a console/mobile hybrid. Which could work perfect for gen 7 and be a really smart move to have gen 7 launch on it.
    don't we already have a plus & minus?
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

or am i missing something?
    is there a rumor of these two mega evolving or something?
    i mean, i can see it happen.
    take the "pokegod rainer" for example....
    It's supposed info( which I do admit, I like the sounds of it) on gen 7 games:
    https://dualpixels.com/2014/01/06/r...n-supposed-next-gen-pokemon-games-plus-minus/

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    I've already speculated on 2. Interestingly I've heard next month we'll have another Nintendo Direct (we usually get one near the beginning of the year though so don't look too into it). As for 5, well I wonder about that too, also irc wasn't Unova founded 2500 years prior to BW? I'm assuming here's where the link to Kalos comes in.

Where did you hear about that Direct?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Technically no, but nothing came out of them, so I doubt it was real. Sure it could still be one wii u but the NX makes me doubt that. If anything if it is still somehow real, it probably got moved to whatever the NX is. Especially since they hinted that it's a console/mobile hybrid. Which could work perfect for gen 7 and be a really smart move to have gen 7 launch on it.

https://dualpixels.com/2014/01/06/r...n-supposed-next-gen-pokemon-games-plus-minus/
    1/6/14 a few months after X&Y was released...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, lets give you something to speculate about. You want to pay attention to timing of major points and events. Here is what's happening in the next 3 weeks.

1: All Hoopa distributions end by December. Plus, the Hoopa movie will have been aired everywhere by now. That means ORAS and Hoopa promotions are over.

2: The XYZ anime in Japan reaches a major point at Terminus Cave on X-Mas Eve. Plus on the 31st, there will be a recap special with previews of upcoming episode. Plus, The XYZ anime begins in January for USA. Remember back in December 2012 when they announced during the anime that there will be a special announcement in January 2013 that was XY. This recap special is the perfect time for something like that.

3: Volcanion was strangely announced in December. Usually they announce event legendaries in Jan/Feb like Diancie and Hoopa. Seems like they got it out of the way.

4: The holiday sales end. Why would they want to announce a new game during holidays when that could threaten XY/ORAS sales.

5: Take a peek at the Festive Feud prize. It's a Delibird with an item called Relic Gold. Relic Gold is one of the items that was found in the Abyssal Ruins in Unova. Item Description: A gold coin used in a civilization about 3,000 years ago. A maniac will buy it for a high price.

Didn't Kalos have a war 3000 years ago? I know that Relic Gold can't be sold in XY/ORAS because there is no maniac to sell it to. The games may or may not have an NPC who would know more. But to me it seems strange to give this item out with Delibirds. Especially the timing with the above events either beginning or ending. I haven't seen many people figure out the Relic Gold. Maybe you could figure out more?

Everything either ends or begins in the beginning of January. Coincidence? Sounds like the time when every country is ready to get a new game announcement.

I think those are all interesting points. I also think January would be a good time for the game announcement, because of where the anime will be at in both Japan and America.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019

The "leak" does use the word Terminal, which I have come to associate with the NX, since that's what they've called the home console portion of it before. Not saying it's gonna happen, but I like the sound of all of the off the beaten path things the "leak" showed; from the new antagonist team to the friend thing, to the gym battles.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The "leak" does use the word Terminal, which I have come to associate with the NX, since that's what they've called the home console portion of it before. Not saying it's gonna happen, but I like the sound of all of the off the beaten path things the "leak" showed; from the new antagonist team to the friend thing, to the gym battles.
    True. A lot of it makes sense with simplifying gen 7 as they said.It would all be really cool to. I think it could still happen but seems unlikely.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    That video posted earlier about Volcanion theories... one of the good things about it is that it helped me pronounce Lysandre's name correctly lol. That is how you pronounce it, right? For the longest time I never knew how... :S

Here's a legit reference on how to pronounce Lysandre. (Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine how Lysandre's name is clearly not Lysander, and people don't even try to pronounce it Lys-andre, which still isn't even correct but is at least closer... but! Moving on!)

5: Take a peek at the Festive Feud prize. It's a Delibird with an item called Relic Gold. Relic Gold is one of the items that was found in the Abyssal Ruins in Unova. Item Description: A gold coin used in a civilization about 3,000 years ago. A maniac will buy it for a high price.

Didn't Kalos have a war 3000 years ago? I know that Relic Gold can't be sold in XY/ORAS because there is no maniac to sell it to. The games may or may not have an NPC who would know more. But to me it seems strange to give this item out with Delibirds. Especially the timing with the above events either beginning or ending. I haven't seen many people figure out the Relic Gold. Maybe you could figure out more?

I'm actually genuinely curious about the Relic Gold too. They may change the item to be a standard "sell-for-money" item, like the Nuggets and Pearls; otherwise, you'd have to wait to trade the item over to the next game(s) to make use of it. And honestly, that seems unlikely to me, because what are the chances the players who receive the reward are going to remember to trade over a Delibird of all things just to make a little bit of cash in the next game? A tournament reward should be one that you can make use of without waiting numerous months--at least, that's how I feel when it comes to an item that all it does is give you some extra money and isn't really of any plot significance.

Although, I do wish I had entered that tournament just to get the item and check for myself, because it does seem like a super odd choice to me... of all the items to bring back, it's an interesting one. Maybe because the "gold" aspect matches with the Christmas theme of the tournament? Huh, but they could have gone with a Nugget in that case... Yup, I've got nothing.

Years
    Well I entered it but have yet to claim my reward. Anyways, one of the Riches, Miles is mentioned in XY at night by one of the stands according to Bulbapedia. I think that they might've moved to Kalos since they left Unova at the time of B2W2. Anyways, I think they'll pop up in 'Z' and so will Blue.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Game Freak opens their mouth, kinda-sorta:

https://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/...dea-factory-and-more-on-their-plans-for-2016/

They're doing really good at being tight-lipped... they already have RBY coming on the VC, so I wonder what else they could be referring to... *hinthintwinkwink*
    go.
    spin-offs.
    anime.
    definitely the TCG
    main series game is still debatable due to the consistent
    "it will be revealed soon" that lurks onto this thread every few posts or so.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Game Freak opens their mouth, kinda-sorta:

https://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/...dea-factory-and-more-on-their-plans-for-2016/

They're doing really good at being tight-lipped... they already have RBY coming on the VC, so I wonder what else they could be referring to... *hinthintwinkwink*

Does anyone get the feeling that Pokémon is gonna have to compete with the Legend of Zelda, since the series is gonna celebrate its 30th anniversary next year? Game Freak would have to do something magnificent with their third version to be in the same league as the upcoming Zelda U title.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Does anyone get the feeling that Pokémon is gonna have to compete with the Legend of Zelda, since the series is gonna celebrate its 30th anniversary next year? Game Freak would have to do something magnificent with their third version to be in the same league as the upcoming Zelda U title.

I can't speak for Zelda because I don't play those games... but I think that regardless, they'll have to pull something off that will blow X/Y and ORAS out of the water. They gave us sequels instead of a 3rd version in Gen 5, which shows they're certainly capable of doing something different. I think it's a matter of their willingness to do so.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I can't speak for Zelda because I don't play those games... but I think that regardless, they'll have to pull something off that will blow X/Y and ORAS out of the water. They gave us sequels instead of a 3rd version in Gen 5, which shows they're certainly capable of doing something different. I think it's a matter of their willingness to do so.
    suddenly, a pokemon x legend of zelda cross over!
    that snivy link fan art may become a reality....

Years
    go.
    spin-offs.
    anime.
    definitely the TCG
    main series game is still debatable due to the consistent
    "it will be revealed soon" that lurks onto this thread every few posts or so.

Uh, this is Game Freak so cross off the spin-offs, anime, as Game Freak doesn't work on those, and I think Pokemon International is in charge of TCG, so Game Freak has it's hands free in the Pokemon arena other than the RGBY VGC.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Uh, this is Game Freak so cross off the spin-offs, anime, as Game Freak doesn't work on those, and I think Pokemon International is in charge of TCG, so Game Freak has it's hands free in the Pokemon arena other than the RGBY VGC.

Greninja'd.

Yeah, it was specifically Game Freak in that article. They may be talking about something outside of the RBY releases on the VC, but then again the whole sentence itself is vague. Regardless though, we're getting our "Z" or whatever it will be next year.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    gamefreak has dappled in more then just pokemon
    for example, drill dozer, tembo the badass elephant & harmoknight.
    hell, the last one is is actual referenced in X&Y.

and one of those preschoolers on rt 4 directly referenced LoZ:Oot

Years
    Greninja'd.

Yeah, it was specifically Game Freak in that article. They may be talking about something outside of the RBY releases on the VC, but then again the whole sentence itself is vague. Regardless though, we're getting our "Z" or whatever it will be next year.
    I perfer you say Ninjasked since I am a Hoenn fan xD.
    Alright, so something I've mentioned before but didn't link very well was that whenever Kanto's Gen I story is released in pairs another main game comes out the same year. RG came out in February 1996, while Blue came out in October 1996. FrLg came out in January 2004 while Emerald came out in September 2004. As you can clearly tell if you do a little math, there was a EIGHT month gap in both instances. If history repeats itself then we can expect "Z" to come out by October. Perhaps around Blue's (original third version) 20th anniversary in October 15th, or XY's (original Kalos pair) own 3rd anniversary in October 12.

gamefreak has dappled in more then just pokemon
    for example, drill dozer, tembo the badass elephant & harmoknight.
    hell, the last one is is actual referenced in X&Y.

and one of those preschoolers on rt 4 directly referenced LoZ:Oot
    I'm well aware, but note that they specifically mentioned Pokémon in the link, so all that's left is the main series in some shape or forme.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I perfer you say Ninjasked since I am a Hoenn fan xD.
    Alright, so something I've mentioned before but didn't link very well was that whenever Kanto's Gen I story is released in pairs another main game comes out the same year. RG came out in February 1996, while Blue came out in October 1996. FrLg came out in January 2004 while Emerald came out in September 2004. As you can clearly tell if you do a little math, there was a TEN month gap in both instances. If history repeats itself then we can expect "Z" to come out by October. Perhaps around Blue's (original third version) 20th anniversary in October 15th, or XY's (original Kalos pair) own 3rd anniversary in October 12.

It's actually 8 months lol.

But you've brought up a good and solid point. Looking at when VGC takes place, October is well after said event (still assuming 'Z' won't be 'compatible' with VGC).
    But part of me doesn't want this. I don't want to wait another 10 months from now. 6 months max.

Years
    It's actually 8 months lol.

But you've brought up a good and solid point. Looking at when VGC takes place, October is well after said event (still assuming 'Z' won't be 'compatible' with VGC).
    But part of me doesn't want this. I don't want to wait another 10 months from now. 6 months max.
    Bonk, I thinking of 10 months from now until October when typing that. Thanks for catching this (I should really go to sleep by now). Me neither, but it's likely. Actually an October release omitting the RGBY rerelease for Virtual Game Console would make the gap 23 months with OrAs... I think that's longer than DP and Platinum. Looking at it this way, a Spring reveal is very likely. As why would GF announce a new game before RGBY are out for VC?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back