• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Grrr. I was pretty stoked for pokken tournament. . . . when they initially revealed it like a year ago. Kind of bittersweet about the announcement. I mean like . . while at this point I doubt we'll hear anything about the next main games. There's still that slim chance they could reveal it during the closing ceremony, but eh. At this point they have Winter-Spring covered with SPMD, and Pokkem, meaning the earliest we can see a release would be Summer, but then at that point I'd just expect a fall release. (They only released summer games in japan back before worldwide releases were a thing).

At this point I can't even tell if we're guaranteed to hear something by the next corocoro. They could easily just announce the Zygarde form/green blob thing and leave us hanging till winter.

I just hope things are taking so long for a good reason q.q

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Grrr. I was pretty stoked for pokken tournament. . . . when they initially revealed it like a year ago. Kind of bittersweet about the announcement. I mean like . . while at this point I doubt we'll hear anything about the next main games. There's still that slim chance they could reveal it during the closing ceremony, but eh. At this point they have Winter-Spring covered with SPMD, and Pokkem, meaning the earliest we can see a release would be Summer, but then at that point I'd just expect a fall release. (They only released summer games in japan back before worldwide releases were a thing).

At this point I can't even tell if we're guaranteed to hear something by the next corocoro. They could easily just announce the Zygarde form/green blob thing and leave us hanging till winter.

Possibly to build anticipation. I recall that fans of GSC were anxious for the remakes to be announced after waiting for 3 years, also RSE fans like myself were too with ORAS (especially after the remakes skipped Gen V). I also recall that there was wild speculation on Pokémon Opal (ended up being Platinum) as GF took a one year break in Japan. The games mentioned all sold well upon initial launch so...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Possibly to build anticipation. I recall that fans of GSC were anxious for the remakes to be announced after waiting for 3 years, also RSE fans like myself were too with ORAS (especially after the remakes skipped Gen V). I also recall that there was wild speculation on Pokémon Opal (ended up being Platinum) as GF took a one year break in Japan. The games mentioned all sold well upon initial launch so...
    I have a feeling it's gonna take a while until we get some news.

Years
  • I have a feeling it's gonna take a while until we get some news.
    I think at the latest we'll get news by February since B2W2 and Platinum were announced around that time in Japan. If it's a February 2016 release though (instead of a June and September release) then the announcement should come within the next two months to give enough time to create hype (B2W2 had only 4 months between it's announcement and Jp release).

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Grrr. I was pretty stoked for pokken tournament. . . . when they initially revealed it like a year ago. Kind of bittersweet about the announcement. I mean like . . while at this point I doubt we'll hear anything about the next main games. There's still that slim chance they could reveal it during the closing ceremony, but eh. At this point they have Winter-Spring covered with SPMD, and Pokkem, meaning the earliest we can see a release would be Summer, but then at that point I'd just expect a fall release. (They only released summer games in japan back before worldwide releases were a thing).

An announcement for the closing ceremony, that would be cool!

I wish they could shed light on the green blob and the gigantic naga (for the games, not the anime), but they might announce the details sometime on Fall/Winter? Depends on how much details the anime is gonna reveal. :/

Years
  • An announcement for the closing ceremony, that would be cool!

I wish they could shed light on the green blob and the gigantic naga (for the games, not the anime), but they might announce the details sometime on Fall/Winter? Depends on how much details the anime is gonna reveal. :/

I don't trust the anime to tell us the exact method of getting these forms considering how Kyurem can freely change back and forth between it's White and Black formes while Mega Rayquaza's power comes from a colorful obelisk (nothing to do with fusion or Dragon's Ascend respectively).

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I don't trust the anime to tell us the exact method of getting these forms considering how Kyurem can freely change back and forth between it's White and Black formes while Mega Rayquaza's power comes from a colorful obelisk (nothing to do with fusion or Dragon's Ascend respectively).

Ah what I meant by the anime isn't the contents they are gonna reveal, rather than the amount. xD Sorry for the confusion there.

Iirc, Skaymin (later on Skymin) and the Origin Giratina were first reveal for the anime/movie, not the games first. As for the form changing methods, CoroCoro revealed the first hand info and I believe they are doing the same thing for the green blob and the gigantic naga.

Years
  • It could be more of an anime related issue rather than a next main game(s) issue as they said they'll explain the blob and Obelisk the Tormenter's expy's connection to the upcoming anime special...

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    not to mention...
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    not to mention...

The sound you aren't hearing is my mind being blown at the revelation that Lugia is a mother/parent.

I'm kind of surprised there was no announcement about the next game yet. I am fighting the urge to pick up a copy of AS and play through that. I really hope the next game is either a definitive X/Y edition or is some kind of super Pokemon game... actually yeah. The more I think about it, what if they made a single version for their next title that played off of the Mega Evolution theme. Version exclusives could be determined based upon choices you make in the game and you could get unique megas based upon other choices. Or make my life easier and just have no version exclusives. Go for broke on world building, post game play, and just Pokemon interaction.

I say this primarily because I know that this next game will be my last game, and depending on the window of release, I might not even end up playing it. Fallout 4 and other quality titles will literally suck the life out of me come November. I'll always be a pokemon fan though.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    In two weeks we can expect Corocoro to leak. Maybe we'll get a game announcement there or sometime between then and now (like a direct, a investors meeting, or a tweet even...)

Yes please, or at least show us the naga's Official Art, in a similar way how Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed. I mean game footage or announcement isn't necessary (still preferred), but something like to keep the fandom happy? :P

Years
  • Yes please, or at least show us the naga's Official Art, in a similar way how Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed. I mean game footage or announcement isn't necessary (still preferred), but something like to keep the fandom happy? :P
    Maybe GF will drop hints until closer to release then it'll announce it to make it seem like a short wait between the two.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Maybe GF will drop hints until closer to release then it'll announce it to make it seem like a short wait between the two.

Game Freak or Masuda isn't saying much about the green blob(?) and I find it sorta funny and strange. Like you know, they could at least tease the fandom.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well the naga and blob is dying out already!

Ah the flowers, I should post it here.

Pokemon Marketing Director Teases 'Flowers' in Series Future

I'm surprised that Serebii didn't say anything about it. :o

flowers huh.
    xerneas is basically a cross between a deer & a tree
    yveltal is an overgrown cross between a crow, a eagle & the black death.
    zygarde is a guardian snake
    diancie is a fairy mixed with a ring
    hoopa is a djinn
    volcanion is a lion dog
    yeah, i'd say some kind mandrake or fern flower would fit in well with that mix.
    wouldn't be to surprising if the last main series game of the gen has a new legendary or legendary variation.
    i wonder if that eternal flower floette counts as a legendary? it is the only pokemon confirmed to be immortal. others don't live with in the same time or space and others can extend their lifespans.
    celebi's being brought back from nearly dying via many other celebi's reviving it for example.
    then years later same plot was later used in dr. who "the time of the doctor" to save the doctor via the timelords giving him enough energy for another 11 incarnation cycle.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    flowers huh.
    xerneas is basically a cross between a deer & a tree
    yveltal is an overgrown cross between a crow, a eagle & the black death.
    zygarde is a guardian snake
    diancie is a fairy mixed with a ring
    hoopa is a djinn
    volcanion is a lion dog
    yeah, i'd say some kind mandrake or fern flower would fit in well with that mix.
    wouldn't be to surprising if the last main series game of the gen has a new legendary or legendary variation.
    i wonder if that eternal flower floette counts as a legendary? it is the only pokemon confirmed to be immortal. others don't live with in the same time or space and others can extend their lifespans.
    celebi's being brought back from nearly dying via many other celebi's reviving it for example.
    then years later same plot was later used in dr. who "the time of the doctor" to save the doctor via the timelords giving him enough energy for another 11 incarnation cycle.

While the Eternal Floette can be argued if it's a legendary or not, one thing is sure it has the qualifications to be classified as one. But I'll not further elaborate, as it's off-topic discussion. :P

Though that flower might hints the Eternal Floette, since it's an important character from XY. It has been reunited with AZ in the epilogue of XY, so most likely it's a prequel on Floette.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back