• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I jinxed this in the best kind of way ;)

I'm gonna uh. . .TRY to stay negative here as the post does make it sound like somewhat of an odd situation. Although, for the pokemon direct back in 0'13, did they use the phrase "to discuss future business strategy"?

I don't think it's coincidence it's happening same week as corocoro though. . . this could be cool. I can't imagine they'd discuss the "future" without talking about what they have in store.

Ugh. Screw it. I'm stoked.

EDIT: The dream is dead :c They seem to be pushing the fact that the purpose of the stream is to announce new parternships etc , so I'm guessing it'll be merch/mobile related or something like that.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they're literally doing everything BUT announcing a new main game. q.q

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I jinxed this in the best kind of way ;)

I'm gonna uh. . .TRY to stay negative here as the post does make it sound like somewhat of an odd situation. Although, for the pokemon direct back in 0'13, did they use the phrase "to discuss future business strategy"?

I don't think it's coincidence it's happening same week as corocoro though. . . this could be cool. I can't imagine they'd discuss the "future" without talking about what they have in store.

EDIT: The dream is dead :c They seem to be pushing the fact that the purpose of the stream is to announce new parternships etc , so I'm guessing it'll be merch/mobile related or something like that.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they're literally doing everything BUT announcing a new main game. q.q

You know what I'm so concerned of since the appearance of Pokémon Shuffle? DLC contents or even certain event Pokémon including micro-transaction. The last thing I wanna see is our main games becoming a part of F2P market out there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I jinxed this in the best kind of way ;)

It's likely related to merchandise for the 20th anniversary...which reminds me there was a poster of the Kanto starters related to new merch. Charmander had a dream bubble with a '?' under it. I can recall if it was the same one or not but a poster mentioned New Pokémon coinected to a '?' item. I think there is a link...

Years
  • Yeah the chat is getting pretty riled up lol.

It looks cool, and as someone guilty of playing mobile games :x I'll inevitably end up checking it out, it's cool to see how far the franchise has come.

BUT

With all the zygarde + blob teasing, etc this is like poking us with a stick. I hope this wasn't their way of saying "no main series game in 2016"

Eh. Corocoro scans could be cool, but at this point I'm not expecting a main series game for a while.

Years
  • Yeah the chat is getting pretty riled up lol.

It looks cool, and as someone guilty of playing mobile games :x I'll inevitably end up checking it out, it's cool to see how far the franchise has come.

BUT

With all the zygarde + blob teasing, etc this is like poking us with a stick. I hope this wasn't their way of saying "no main series game in 2016"

Eh. Corocoro scans could be cool, but at this point I'm not expecting a main series game for a while.
    I don't recall there ever being a two year break between two Pokémon games (the most is one year off)...no game in 2016 would be really off...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • That was pretty interesting to watch, I've never partaken in any live-stream Pokémon news-related stuff before.

While some of those reactions on the chat were pretty funny(John Cena VS Obama CONFIRMED), I think the ones that were hating on it were overreacting. This is obviously an app and NOT a main series game. They're still going to be releasing the core series that started it all, and there's no reason for them to just up and leave potential Zygarde and Blob-mon Kalos game(s) in the dust like that. There's still CoroCoro to look forward to, even though they don't typically announce main series games, they could still leave a hint towards one.

Years
  • That was pretty interesting to watch, I've never partaken in any live-stream Pokémon news-related stuff before.

While some of those reactions on the chat were pretty funny(John Cena VS Obama CONFIRMED), I think the ones that were hating on it were overreacting. This is obviously an app and NOT a main series game. They're still going to be releasing the core series that started it all, and there's no reason for them to just up and leave potential Zygarde and Blob-mon Kalos game(s) in the dust like that. There's still CoroCoro to look forward to, even though they don't typically announce main series games, they could still leave a hint towards one.
    Corocoro did have the first real info on BW (the names leaked days prior to the Corocoro leaks with BW).

Serebii says that the app can connect to the main games somehow...could this be like what happened with Pokémon Radar where we caught the Therian trio in a AR game and transfered the and other HA mons over?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Talking about Spin offs the TGC has a region called Holon which is suppose to be North of Kanto (I'm guessing south of Sinnoh and Fiore if spin off regions are to be counted as canon). There is a fan theory that Orre is north of Johto and west of Holon (the center of Japan). Yet the creators confirmed that Orre is based on Arizona and if the regions match up with their real world counterparts placement wise then a game with Kalos,Hoenn, and Orre in one wouldn't make sense (unless if a plane is involved).
    orre is part of a side series, not a spin-off
    a spin off is a story that takes placed biased on the main series and often has tie-ins with it & its cannon(touchwood for example)
    a side story is similar & parallels to the main story and is attached
    the only spin-offs that i even used stated where the ones that have actual connections to the main series that make them somewhat cannon such as that manaphy egg event

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    So was the video just about Pokémon Go then? If so that's not very interesting to me!

Anyway, I had a dream last night of a "theory" of sorts. And although not probable, it's not implausible! They say they want to do something that isn't predictable, well in my dream when the new main series games were announced there were two versions of course, but one version was a sort of sequel/updated version of XY and the other version was a sequel/updated version of ORAS.

The X/Y version focused on Zygarde, southern Kalos etc. And the updated version of ORAS was basically Emerald with the battle frontier and stuff added. Now, I know this sounds crazy and very unlikely, but it WOULD be unpredictable for them to do! And it would mean people would have a much better reason to buy both versions of the new games since it'd be more than just version exclusive Pokémon etc.

Pokémon XYZ and Pokémon Delta Emerald. Can you imagine? Even as I type this I'm throwing money at my screen trying to make it happen, but I feel this one will have to remain a dream unfortunately!

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • IIRC, there's NPC's in Colosseum and XD that reference the main series regions like Hoenn and Johto. I haven't played those games in a while, but that was one of the things that stuck out to me. There's also the fact that Colosseum and XD have the exact battle and game mechanics as the main series... right down to the Pokemarts, Pokemon Centers, PC storage system, Items and their uses(save for Espeon and Umbreon's method of evolving from Eevee), and the battles of leveling up and evolving Pokemon. The only key differences are the method of catching Pokemon(due to no wild 'mons and the overall plot) and the Mt. Battle and Colosseums replaces the Gyms and Pokemon League. But this is all for another topic.

Not real sure if it's worth bringing up, but kind of interesting all the same. Serebii has posted the title of an upcoming episode that's due to air in October, and it's titled "A Kalos Crisis! Battle of the Giant Sundial!" The reason I'm bringing it up is maybe this might signify some expanded lore for the Anistar Sundial in the upcoming game(s)? I've suspected for a while that they may do something with it in a new Gen 6 installment set in Kalos, since Sycamore hypothesizes it has connections to both the Legendary Pokemon lore and the Mega-Evolution lore. Also, it's hypothesized to come from space, which also has connections to the Mega-Evolution lore of Hoenn with the meteorites.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I was totally dissapointed when seeing that Pokemon GO announcement.
    I really think that they should stop focusing on side games/ spin off's/ etc and just to do something about the most important thing, which is the main series game.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I was totally dissapointed when seeing that Pokemon GO announcement.
    I really think that they should stop focusing on side games/ spin off's/ etc and just to do something about the most important thing, which is the main series game.

I thought it is directly part of the upcoming main games, no?
    I'm thinking it's a PokéWalker of sort for whatever game(s) we're having soon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I thought it is directly part of the upcoming main games, no?
    I'm thinking it's a PokéWalker of sort for whatever game(s) we're having soon.

I hope you're right but it doesnt look that way. It's just a phone app for Pokemon in general.. Furthermore, from what Ive seen it includes only the 1st gen Pokemon.
    At first when I logged into Serebii I noticed a video and was so hyped thinking the new game was finally revealed.. the disappointment.... haha

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Please remember this... Game Freak's primary responsibility is the main series games, while the other companies like The Pokémon Company, Genius Sonority, and Spike Chunsoft, amoung several others, are responsible for the apps and the side-games. This new app is not a sign that Game Freak is going to move away from the handheld core series, If they do(and that is a massive IF), it's not going to be for a really long time. And by a really long time, I mean a REALLY long time. A REALLY REALLY long time. The only reasons that Masuda and the other guys appeared in this video is because Pokémon is their baby, and they helped to create this... they didn't just throw away all responsibility regarding the core series in favor of this.

Please understand.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I hope you're right but it doesnt look that way. It's just a phone app for Pokemon in general.. Furthermore, from what Ive seen it includes only the 1st gen Pokemon.
    At first when I logged into Serebii I noticed a video and was so hyped thinking the new game was finally revealed.. the disappointment.... haha

Serebii and the con was the one who said GO is related to the main series in a way.

Seeing how it enables battlling and trading, it does remind me of PokéWalker.

As for the 151 Pokémon, there are two possibilities: the game is aimed for Gen I fans, you can see the featured models and talents from the video aren't kids. Or that's the amount of Pokémon they have dwveloped so far. :) I believe there's a huge chance they are adding more Pokémon if GO uh... Goes popular.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i'm guessing it might give pokemiles(given how it looks likes its gonna require a good bit of walking) and allow trading & battling to some extent via some 3ds app connection with x/y/or/as. it seems to be focused on the main 3 things of pokemon: catching, trading, batting and going back to the very thing pokemon was biased on:
    catching bugs
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

having them fight though some relatively harmless to the bug sporting event often with someone cheering on their armored insect from the side
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back